Elguapo's story

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Me:
29 years old; diffuse thinner on front and top, more so on front "widows peak"; loss started 5-6 months years ago; propecia user since Sept. 2003; Nano, nizoral since same date; Rogaine 5% since Dec 1. Herbs, MSM, LLysine, LArginine, etc. Folligen recently.

Sucks to see my photo in April when I was in Italy. I had my "normal" thick head of hair and hairline. It all went SO FAST.

Family History:
Dad is Norwood 4-5 at age 51. His 2 brothers have a lot of hair,and are older, dammit! =) My mother has no brothers, by her dad has a good head of hair all over at age 80 (dammit!=).

My Story:
I first noticed my thinning when I came back from studying abroad in Europe. This was in June of this year. I crash dieted, lost 20 lbs in 2 months, was depressed bc my gilfriend broke up with me while I was away... things that suggest Telogen Effluvium. But I know it is male pattern baldness. I am following my dad's pattern. Those things just triggered it, I think. It isn't that bad, nobody has noticed, or said anything. But I notice. You guys know what I mean.

My Plan:
Propecia until next Feb, then 1/4 proscar. minoxidil until next April, then maybe Xandrox, and maybe spironolactone or Innovate if still no improvement by this time next year.

My regimen has really helped me so far. I wake up with no hairs on my pillow- well, no huge terminal ones. I can comb and shake my head with no big shed, just maybe 4-5 hairs after running my hand through a few times somewhat vigorously. I am thankful for this.

Good luck, and God bless.

My Pics:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/imlosinhair/album?.dir=/elguapohairstatus

coffee

Reaction score
I feel for you bro. I think I was in your position only a short time ago. Good luck and keep this post up to date with good news! :D

bombscience

Reaction score
I have the same exact hairloss pattern as you man. Good to hear that you're having results. All the best.

leonardo956

Reaction score
I think you should consider yourself lucky. I've seen 19 year olds with worse hairlines. Try lossing your hair fromthe back at 21. At least you enjoeyed way after college.