eentity's Story

eentity

Reaction score
Hi all.........new to the board. Great site!!! very comforting.

ok i'm 25 years old and i think i've been thinning for the past 2 years. It's been very gradual but i noticed from looking at old pics of me. For those two years i listened to my loved ones way too much, and didn't start doing anything about it. So the lesson was, never listen to anyone other then a specialized dermatologist to tell you if you have male pattern baldness or not.

Anyways.......i started propecia two weeks ago (March 20th) and Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week.

My thinning is occuring in the top-back vertex and temples.

So basicly i'll be getting on every month or maybe sooner to report any side effects, results, shedding, or anything i experience. Right now the hardest part is going about my regemin without stressing about too much. I just got with a new girl (very serious now) and she's freaking beautiful!!!!! so here i am with my looks detiriorating and she's only getting more beautiful. Plus she's 20 and i'm 25. I feel like i'm going to lose my hair, shave my head, look ugly as f%&k and she'll leave me. DAMN!! Anyways.....i'm trying to hang in there and look at the bright side. I'm not totally bald yet.

if you want to check out my pics periodically go to http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ericen ... bum?.dir=/

ok good luck to you all!!!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Eric -

Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting your store (everyone should do this!!!)

While I hope you do participate here on a regular basis, to enhance your understanding of how to fight hair loss, I do want to suggest that you only post reports after 3 to 6 months. You'll find that things get worse before they get better, and there will be weeks your hair looks great and weeks it looks terrible! If you limit your self assessment to once every 6 months you will save yourself a lot of heartache (things inevitably get better if you just wait wait wait and be patient), and probably save a lot of users here from alarming posts like "Propecia has ruined my hair!" :) We've always felt that way and you may as well, at the 4 month mark. Ride it out.

Keep taking pictures. Great way to help keep your own sanity, and again welcome to the boards.

HairLossTalk.com

eentity

Reaction score
.....ok i understand. Yeah shedding will be a b**ch i'm sure.

What seems to be a huge concern of mine, is not the fact that it'll get better (i'm in 83% hopefully), but that i'm looking at the rest of my life here. shedding for months, then look good for months. I mean my question is, is there ever a time that shedding just stops, hair looks improved and it stays that way? probably not huh. Have you been experiencing shedding, then thickening the whole time?

So probably Couvre should be added for the shedding phases right?

damn i wish my head would look good shaved. I see so many guys that look good with their heads shaved. It would be way easier to deal with it if i could only shave my head and actually look good still. But i'm sure my head won't look right.