ED 9 months after Propecia?!?!

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
20 year old male..

Took propecia for only a week, had total impotence, freaked me out so I stopped. After 5 months of still having ED I tried taking yohimbe, tribulus, saw palmetto. Nothing helped get my pecker back in order.

What the heck is up? I never noticed anything like this until I took propecia. Could it have permanently affected my hormones? I suffer from fatigue, my nipples seem to be puffy, but this might just be from puberty, who knows, my libido is also nothing like it used to and my erections are hard to start up and hard to maintain.

=( Anyone else have experience with this? Possible fix?

ANyway, hair has also gotten worse, starting up a topical regimen and hoping for the best.

Axon

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto inhibits DHT as well, so I would suggest you stop that one.

As for 5 doses of Finasteride permanently screwing you up, I would have to say I do not think that is possible.

Maybe try some v****?

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
im 20, kind of dont want to go through life having to use v****...

I thought about it being in my head, but I dont get morning erections anymore =\ dunno whats up at all.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
try v**** before you bash it, it can make a normal man have more fun

i doubt after a week of taking propecia it caused you to go completely impotant, i think it's something else

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Trilidon said:
im 20, kind of dont want to go through life having to use v****...

I thought about it being in my head, but I dont get morning erections anymore =\ dunno whats up at all.

You're not alone. I have talked to several people dealing with long-term sexual side effects from Propecia. I am one of them. I took Propecia for close to 15 months. I stopped about 8 months ago, and I am still dealing with various sexual side effects, including: difficulty in getting and maintaining erections, soft erections, lowered libido, and decreased sensitivity in penis.

It's a bit strange that you only took Propecia for a week, and yet you are still dealing with these side effects. But it's not unheard of. Another poster on this site, PolarBear, noticed side effects within the first week. He remained on Propecia for 2 months, hoping his body would adjust. It never did, so he stopped about 6 or 7 months ago, and he is not back to normal yet.

I would recommend going to a urologist. Go to your doctor and get a blood test done to check your hormone levels, such as testosterone, estrogen, DHT, etc. I would use v**** for the time being. Hopefully, your body will adjust on its own in time. If your hormone levels are way off, you might need to take a testosterone booster or anti-estrogen drugs.

I can't really give you much more advice than that. No one really knows why this happens or how to fix it. Hopefully, your body will eventually adjust on its own. This has been known to happen.

Take care and keep in touch.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Trilidon,

One more thing. Private message me if you need somebody to talk to. I've been to hell and back and to hell again because of this stupid side effects sh*t.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with v**** =P Its just ...im 20. How do you explain it to a girl my age...

bombscience

Reaction score
Trilidon said:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with v**** =P Its just ...im 20. How do you explain it to a girl my age...

You say to her. Hey baby, I like taking this stuff cause I can have rockstar sex. And, it will be better for you...

Seriously why even explain when she'll probably just scream more. Try quartering v**** to start.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tired doing some cardio workouts, Everytime my penis feels sluggish I get on the treadmill or bike and it helps, maybe a little cardio can help you too.

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Really?

You mean I wouldnt have to keep taking it possibly?

I will probably try v**** or something similar either way just so I can have " rockstar" sex lol but the waiting 45 minutes to an hour thing must blow ;P humm...time to use my sources and find a faster acting one for cheaper prices ;P

and also about the cardio.. I weight lift and am heavily into calisthenics =P play soccer...when I do leg workouts I do feel like im ready to pop up =P I think thats from the body releasing more test and Hgh because its a compound movement on your legs

bombscience

Reaction score
Here's a trick I did once. Say if start kissing your girl, excuse yourself to use the restroom, and then pop the V. Then return and go through some serious foreplay. By the time she can't take it anymore you'll be ready for action. Rockstar sex ensues.

hopewas

Reaction score
you don't really have to have it up a long time anyways to get her off. not that i'm bragging but my g\f gets off in 2 minutes. i guess i'm lucky. it's all technique..for example..go down on her and tell her to tell you to stop right before she's about to go.. then tell her to get on top and a minute or two later she'll get off. i mean i'm sure you can probably get an erection for more than 4 minutes at least. and if you can't, maybe it's the girl that doesn't turn you on anymore.. watch a p**rn and see if it can get you up.. if it can, you're either bored of the girl, or you masterbate too much that you're no longer in the mood when sex comes around. another thing if you can't last long for some reason, just do the old fashion jerk off an hour before sex. or wear a condom, you'll last forever. i've heard that people who take v**** just can't keep it up for a long time,..if you're one of these people.. this should work.. if not, sorry