"Dream Team" Hairloss Line-up....$$$

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just surfing a few product websites and figured out a solid group of some of the the best recommended hair loss treatments to cover all the different categories. For a 3 month supply it looks like this:

REVIVOGEN......~$90
ROGAINE 5%....~$50
TRICOMIN.......~$100
NIZORAL 2%.....~$20

That's a total of $260! That's just the topicals. Add Propecia and you're running a bill of $320...or about $107 a month. $1284 a year ($1700 for us Canucks). Holy crap :oops: . Add in your other shampoos, styling aids and maybe even some spironolactone or emu/aloe and you've got one hefty damn price tag on that mop of yours. Of course everyone cuts corners here and there (generic stuff, splitting proscar tabs etc.) but still, this hair loss thing makes a considerable dent in one's wallet. Especially for us younger guys on a student budget. I sometimes wonder if it's really worth it all. Feels kinda... superficial and petty.

Oh the price we pay for vanity....

Buy then maybe your peace of mind is priceless? If you aren't noticing any results though, that $1284 could buy a nice toupee. Or a stereo :wink:

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
For the entire year for me

Proscar $120 US
Minodixil $225 US
T/Gel $50 US

Total: $375!!!

The secret is of course to use generic.. using Proscar instead of propecia takes a large chunk out.. generic minodixil... and i have to say, i spend probably more money at maccas/kfc/nandos than on this mop of mine!

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
A 28-day supply of Propecia costs ~$53 CDN in Canada, and Nizoral 2% is available OTC for just over $10 CDN. I order Xandrox 5% from Dr. Lee's site, which works out to around $45 CDN/month. So overall I'm paying $100 CDN/month.

Eventually I may look into proscar, but it's nice not to have to split pills. Also, the Xandrox is quite a bit more expensive than regular minoxidil.

Anyway, with regular minoxidil & proscar, you should be able to manage ~$40 CDN/month, which is basically just a couple nights out drinking for a student. :)

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
One nice thing about propecia being a prescription drug is that you get to deduct it from your taxes. I also tend to get it filled 4-6 months at a time to save on the dispensing fee.

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, but that's the bare minimum. If you wanted to throw everything you could at the problem and cover all your bases using the best stuff out there you'd have to spend more. But hey, its always good to stay optimistic :D