Dr. Ying Zheng - CRTH2 PTGDR2 Antagonists Reverse the Hair Growth Inhibition

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened to AM211? There has been no news about it for the past 4 years.

http://www.biocentury.com/products/am211

Amira got bought out by Bristol Myers Squibb, who was supposed to continue development but it doesn't seem like anything is happening. Can't really find a place to buy it either. Another potentially useful chemical that got run into the ground.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Amira got bought out by Bristol Myers Squibb, who was supposed to continue development but it doesn't seem like anything is happening. Can't really find a place to buy it either. Another potentially useful chemical that got run into the ground.

No idea, but I suppose we should look into it. Dr. Cotsarelis already said to me in person a topical formulation of something like Setipiprant should work to block PGD2, so AM211 could be an alternative.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score

I believe Kythera/Cotsarelis tested a number of GPR44 inhibitors and setitpirant turned out to be the most effective, thats why they bought the IP for it. Hopefully Kythera/Allergan will provide an update about the trials, they previously said they will start late 2015/ early 2016.

Another thing I noticed was that, in the poster the way they prepared the blockers seemed pretty complex and I am pretty sure none of the home testers prepared the black market setitpirant properly.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
95% ethanol / 3% glycerol / 2% (propylene/polyethylene? glycol) doesn't sound all that complex of a mixture.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
95% ethanol / 3% glycerol / 2% (propylene/polyethylene? glycol) doesn't sound all that complex of a mixture.

Yeah complex wasn't the word I was looking for, but it's different. I remember BTT members saying that Kane said that it wouldn't even dissolve in ethanol.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
In the poster it says

"Hair follicles from a subset of alopecia patients exhibited no growth inhibition from PGD2, indication the existence of PDG2 responding and non responding individuals"

So just confirming that the "alopecia" patients have Androgenetic Alopecia? Or could they have any form of hairloss? Because if they have Androgenetic Alopecia shouldnt 100% of patients respond to PGD2?

Hellouser, do you have any more information on this?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser do you still have the poster that was accompanying this presentation? I'd love to take another look at it but the link expired.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

If anyone's interested, Kane sells a CRTH2 Antagonist called TM30089 which is even more effective than Setipiprant and used in a low dose. For $140 you can buy several years worth of the stuff.
It's also sold by a company called Rechemco.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

If anyone's interested, Kane sells a CRTH2 Antagonist called TM30089 which is even more effective than Setipiprant and used in a low dose. For $140 you can buy several years worth of the stuff.
It's also sold by a company called Rechemco.

Doesn't that stuff have a lot of side effects and a long half-life in the body?