Dr. Proctor Prox-n and Nano shampo does it work

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, our products work. We have nine US patents covering a wide variety of hair loss treatment agents. So we can use stuff that others cannot, at least in "effective" amounts.

I have also been screening hair-loss-treatment agents for 24 years. By this time, we know what works. BTW, think of it this way-- If there were anything else that helped, we would likely be using that too.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

Petchsky

Reaction score
Dr Proc,

Do you need a script for buying your proxiphen? Even if you live in the UK?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dr proctor i just want to ask why does Proxiphen have Phenytoin in it?
if wikipedia serves me right it's an antiepileptic

i have never known male pattern baldness to cause seizures :woot:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
dr proctor i just want to ask why does Proxiphen have Phenytoin in it? if wikipedia serves me right it's an antiepileptic

Phenytoin has hairgrowth stimulating properties as one of its side effects, much like minoxidil.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Ok so I emailed Dr. Proctor and he is very simple in his answers... I want to add that his answers are not even helpful really much at all...

Don't you think you ARE asking too much of him, by expecting him to convince you within the space of an email that his products work? :)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
somone uk said:
dr proctor i just want to ask why does Proxiphen have Phenytoin in it? if wikipedia serves me right it's an antiepileptic

Phenytoin has hairgrowth stimulating properties as one of its side effects, much like minoxidil.
the only website i can find that links phenytoin with Hypertrichosis is http://www.hypertrichosis.com/hypertrichosis-causes/hypertrichosis-injury-induced.shtml
and it doesn't look hopeful

Head injuries and other cerebral disturbances may also cause generalized hypertrichosis. The drug phenytoin is used to treat patients with brain injury. It was earlier believed that phenytoin caused hypertrichosis in brain injury patients. Further observation showed that this kind of hypertrichosis occurred even in patients who were never treated with this drug.

rcom440

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I simply want to know how his priducts work... whats all in them that make them work...

So far only answers ive gotten are...

1) your asking to much.

2) i know hairloss for 24 yrs.

3) everyone acts diff. to meds etc...

Why can't anyone just answer this basic question ?

Good point Irishpride86. He could give us a little bit more info about the subject.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
people do have a right to ask though, especially if they're shelling out their hard-earned cash. male pattern baldness sufferers are very susceptible to cons.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
People have a right to ask just as Dr. Proctor has the right to answer any questions as fully as he decides. As Bryan said to irishpride86: "Don't you think you ARE asking too much of him, by expecting him to convince you within the space of an email that his products work?"

You can hardly expect him to pen an essay every time he gets asked how/why his products work; perhaps he could knock up a stock response with background on why SODs, copper peptides etc. may be useful, but then isn't that info already on his site, this site, and generally strewn across the internet?

Just on your final point: This may be true, but is relying on info. from the product's seller a good way to avoid being conned?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
People have a right to ask just as Dr. Proctor has the right to answer any questions as fully as he decides. As Bryan said to irishpride86: "Don't you think you ARE asking too much of him, by expecting him to convince you within the space of an email that his products work?"

You can hardly expect him to pen an essay every time he gets asked how/why his products work; perhaps he could knock up a stock response with background on why SODs, copper peptides etc. may be useful, but then isn't that info already on his site, this site, and generally strewn across the internet?

Just on your final point: This may be true, but is relying on info. from the product's seller a good way to avoid being conned?

there's a bit of info on his site about what's in the products, but not all that much.

If I hadn't seen Dr. Proctor's stuff recommended by reliable people here I would have assumed it was just another scam like Provillus and the countless others out there.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
... and personally I'd rather try to research the ingredients myself than have the guy selling the treatment tell me why I should be using it.

I agree with this but... how do you know that the ingredients he says he puts in it are even in there? I'm not implying that Dr. Proctor is a scam artist( he sounds kosher), just pointing out that there's no real way of knowing what's in a product without getting it analysed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
wow this is getting WAY out of hand it simple guys I ONLY want to know the following:

1)Whats in it that makes it so great ?

It contains NANO, copper-peptides, other super-charged SODs like TEMPO/TEMPOL and/or PBN, and some supporting substances like arginine, ascorbic acid, and ascorbyl palmitate.

irishpride86 said:
2)How is it better than minoxidil as far as OTHER bennifts ?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that question, but I'll say that I suspect that Prox-N probably has a more long-lasting effect than minoxidil alone. In other words, I think it probably provides more than just the "offset of growth" that minoxidil provides.

irishpride86 said:
3)Has anyone on this board used his products with success ?

Yes. I have.

irishpride86 said:
4)Has there been any shedding reported ?

I've never been completely sure what people mean by "shedding", but I've never noticed any unusual daily loss of hair, if that's what you mean.

irishpride86 said:
THATS IT !!!!

That's all i'm wanting to know.

Now can I ask YOU a question? Why do you always put a space between the last word of your sentences and the question mark or exclamation point?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
I agree with this but... how do you know that the ingredients he says he puts in it are even in there? I'm not implying that Dr. Proctor is a scam artist( he sounds kosher), just pointing out that there's no real way of knowing what's in a product without getting it analysed.

If you don't even believe that his products contain what he SAYS they contain, then don't even use them. Sheesh.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just order the cheaper LEF versions. You'll actually save some money by doing that! :)

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Quantum Cat said:

If you don't even believe that his products contain what he SAYS they contain, then don't even use them. Sheesh.

as I said, he sounds kosher from what I've read on this board, but I was just pointing out that there are a million products out there purported to stop male pattern baldness - you have no idea what's really in them unless they are official FDA-regulated.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
He's been on HairLossTalk.com fairly frequently of late so he should see your pleas soon enough - and I'm sure he's not going to refuse to sell you his wares....