dr Mahadevia India, mega cheap $0.55 strip, $0.75 fue

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
An emphatic "no."

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
scratch that clinic off of your list.. they even mention the use of artificial hair implantation!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
If I were to get a hair transplant, I would do it in Canada or the states.

I'd take quality over money any day.

G

RaginDemon said:
If I were to get a hair transplant, I would do it in Canada or the states.

I'd take quality over money any day.

For sure. This isn't freakin peanut butter people or a TV or a car people, it's your HAIR. A head of hair and hairline you're going to have to live with, in some cases, forever, unless you repair/add onto your hair transplant. Don't pinch pennies- go to one of the best. If you can't afford the best then don't do it.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't even consider it, If cost is a huge issue go for the finance, Most of the Established places all have some sort of reasonable payment plan, Don't go cheap or you will get screwed.

G

This isn't directly pointed at any clinic, but it costs money to run a hair transplant clinic.

There is a delicate balance between a fair price for TOP work and overcharging.

However, there is a real problem with under-charging patients--- you MUST cut corners somewhere, either with quality of staff or technology--- or both in some instances.

This industry caters to a specific client and is not cheap, but can be over-priced (IMO)

A TOP Doctor should charge 4-5 dollars a graft for the 1st 2000 grafts and then some sliding scale thereafter---1.50-3.00 per graft.

I don't know of any doctor I would pay more for, and unless your grabbing a cancellation or booking future surgeries, I would not expect to pay less.

It is not so much as "you get what you pay for" as it is Why take a chance on paying more or less-- when you know what the BEST docs in the world charge?

Take Care,
Jason

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although i would not advise anyone to go to this clinic since there are no proven results like there are for the "top doctors" i would like to state some things.

The cost of life in India is SO much cheaper than in Canada or USA, that it could justify such low prices, even for a very good doctor. Renting the place where you perform the operations, paying your employees etc. could be many times less than it would be at North America.

So, IF, and i say again IF you could be sure he is a good doctor then it might worth giving it a try. Until then, consider only top doctors.

Cassin

Reaction score
I would only go to a Dr who has a lengthy history of practice. When I ask to see examples of their work the office better need a forklift to bring in boxes of books they have done so many transplants. If hair is important enough for me to get a transplant I will willingly spend an extra 50% or whatever to get the job done in the best way possible.

Fortunately I live in Dallas where there is plenty to chose from if I ever decide to go that route which at this point in my life I don't think I will.

G

Cassin said:
Fortunately I live in Dallas where there is plenty to chose from if I ever decide to go that route which at this point in my life I don't think I will.

Cassin, the top hair transplant docs are mostly in California, downstate NY area and Canada. I have not heard of a Dallas surgeon considered by the most knowledgeable members on here about hair transplant surgery(not me obviously) to be among the best.

Cassin

Reaction score
There is plenty of good ones to chose from that aren't commonly mentioned on hair loss sites.

And there are plenty of cosmetic doctors that run dual offices in Dallas and other states. This place is a cosmetic surgery gold mine.

G

Dr. Limmer(s) do a nice job down in Texas---- while not necessarily thought of as "top" docs, they do a great job for a reasonable price----one thing they do a good job on is closures, not to many unhappy patients from them in regards to scarring.

Anyway, I am not overly aware of many really good hair transplant docs-- I think overall more "solid" work is being done, but the list of truly great docs is still rather short.

Take Care,
Jason

G

Cassin said:
Well if Jayman hasn't heard about him he must not be good. :dunno:

oh come on cassin. are you just gonna join the club of people misrepresenting what I said? I specifically said that I am definitely not an hair transplant expert and that I'm going by what the proclaimed experts on here have said- guys who have had hair transplant's and some of them have been around the biz for years.

again, here's what I said:

[

basically, if I was going to spend a lot of money on a transpant, I'd get it done from one of the top doctors in a place like Vancouver(hassan and wong), Toronto(Armani), Ottawa(Rahal) or NY(Feller). I only listed five names and there are more top docs but you get the picture.

And if you're shellin out a lot of money anyway, why NOT go to a top doctor? That guy in Texas may be good but is he as good as guys who are only a plane ride away in Canada? I think if I was getting an hair transplant I would definitely go to one of the top Canadian guys, now that I think about it. The hairline work is generally exceptional.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I would only go to a Dr who has a lengthy history of practice. When I ask to see examples of their work the office better need a forklift to bring in boxes of books they have done so many transplants. If hair is important enough for me to get a transplant I will willingly spend an extra 50% or whatever to get the job done in the best way possible.
:agree: Think of it like buying a suit only its a suit that you will have to wear everyday for the rest of your life. Now would you buy a top quality tailor made one or a cheap knock off one from a market stall.

Cassin

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Cassin said:
Well if Jayman hasn't heard about him he must not be good. :dunno:

oh come on cassin. are you just gonna join the club of people misrepresenting what I said? I specifically said that I am definitely not an hair transplant expert and that I'm going by what the proclaimed experts on here have said- guys who have had hair transplant's and some of them have been around the biz for years.

again, here's what I said:

[

basically, if I was going to spend a lot of money on a transpant, I'd get it done from one of the top doctors in a place like Vancouver(hassan and wong), Toronto(Armani), Ottawa(Rahal) or NY(Feller). I only listed five names and there are more top docs but you get the picture.

And if you're shellin out a lot of money anyway, why NOT go to a top doctor? That guy in Texas may be good but is he as good as guys who are only a plane ride away in Canada? I think if I was getting an hair transplant I would definitely go to one of the top Canadian guys, now that I think about it. The hairline work is generally exceptional.

Well Jayman....speaking of misrepresenting....did you skip what I said about Dual offices?

Anyway...as long as they have a huge body of well done work I am satisfied for a top doctor in my area. SOME hair transplant Dr's are only guilty of not trying to get their name out there to the media.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
JayMan, did you actually consider hair transplant when your hair was at its worst?

I am gonna smack you on the head if you are thinking about it now. lol