Dr. Koher of NC?

blue13326

Reaction score
Does anyone have an experience with this transplant doctor they can share? I'm considering FUE with him. Thanks.

blue13326

Reaction score
update

for anyone interested: went for consultation with Dr. Koher, casual, but seemed to know his biz; had a friend check the medical boards of the two states he practices in, nc, and penn, he had disciplinary actions against him in penn, and a consent order against him in nc.
Realized I needed to do a lot more research, and will look into Cole in Charlotte, but I'm going to wait until next summer before I make a decision.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of him. If you want FUE, consider Cole and Feller. If you would consider strip, look at hasson & wong, shapiro medical, alvi, seager, etc.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
One more thing. Don't let the doctor's location determine who you go to. If you want to go to someone really good that's far away, don't hesitate to travel. A day or two of travel is a small price to pay for an excellent result that will satisfy you for years to come.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Although I like this website I think hairlosshelp.com is much better at addressing hair transplant questions and concerns.

G

That surprises me to hear of the actions and order regarding Dr. Koher. I have seen his work on a couple dozen or so of his patients, all strip, and also had interaction with him on several occasions and found him to be very genuine regarding his procedures and patient care. I have never heard any negative comments from any of his patients either.

I live and work out of the greater Washington DC area so his name and work does come up from time to time. What I do hear about him consistently is that he is a caring doctor who does good work. I have never seen any of his FUE work though.

I would write or call him and of course check out some other good doctors as well. If locality is part of your concern, Dr. John Cole practices out of Atlanta as I do not believe he has a Charlotte office anymore, and of course Dr. Paul Rose in Tampa who is a little cheaper in cost for FUE/FIT than Dr. Cole. Both Dr.s Rose and Cole developed FIT technology togethor and are long time colleagues in the field. They are both very good at FIT techniques. Best wishes to you.