Dr. Alvi Armani Follicular Unit Extraction Cost Per Graft.

ditto

Reaction score
Hi Gents,
Could anyone please tell me how much Dr. Alvi Armani Follicular Unit Extraction Cost Per Graft?

Thanks & Regards,
Ditto.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen Shane (an Armani employee) say 12.50 on several occasions. I think he says it on the discussion board on the Armani site.

Anybody know how much Rahal charges?

Reaction score
Personally I think the practice of operating on 20 somethings and giving them a low dense hairline makes for great before and after picture opportunities but may not stand up to long term scrutiny.

I don't know if I could justify top dollar fue with a doctor who made his name in strip under those conditions.

:money: :pensativo: :money:

s.a.f

Reaction score
warnietheoldpro said:
Personally I think the practice of operating on 20 somethings and giving them a low dense hairline makes for great before and after picture opportunities but may not stand up to long term scrutiny.

Exactly I've pointed this out before, but so many (shortsighted?) posters see these low dense nw1's and hail Armani as some kind of hair transplant messiah.

Renagade said:
So a full Norwood 6 would have to shell out at least $60,000?

FUE is not an option for such an exccesive degree of hairloss. They would need about 6/7 full day sessions.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
So they would need several sessions (probably over a long period of time) and it would be hella expensive, but would that absolutely exclude it as an option?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most surgeons would seriously advise them to just go for strip instead as that way it would be done in possibly 1 and max 2 sessions. Fue instead of strip for a NW6 would be a mammoth task, like trying to cut a lawn with scissors when there is a lawnmower available.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe the official rate for Armani is 14, but he does it for anwhere from 10-14. The rate for having it done by one of his doctors is 7.

haggis

Reaction score
warnietheoldpro said:

Yes its an incredibly stupid idea using all the donor hair building a low dense hairline, for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
Optimist said:
I believe the official rate for Armani is 14, but he does it for anwhere from 10-14. The rate for having it done by one of his doctors is 7.

Gee the average age of his patients is coming down. :p :hairy:

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
haggis said:
warnietheoldpro said:

Yes its an incredibly stupid idea using all the donor hair building a low dense hairline, for obvious reasons.

I wonder if they really use as much donor supply as it seems since they use only single hair grafts for the hairline. It seems to me that this practice could mean that their quote of 3000 grafts could be the equivalent of 2000 or less from a doctors that uses multi-hair grafts. Just a thought.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would get strip. If the results are not what you want and you want to shave it all off, you have all those scars. It's just not worth it.

EANYC

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is saying the rates are so high for Dr Armani. I just locked in $7 per graft for 6500 grafts - this is with Dr Armani, not his associates. (4000 the first session and another 2500 in the second session). Would anyone please specify why FUE is not the way to go? I think I will eventually progress to a NW6 based on my family history, but my goal is to restore the hairline, and no strip scars so that if I do go to a NW6 later, I can shave my hair down.

SAF - why do you say it would take 6 or 7 sessions to do this many grafts? I think they have a lot of people working on you at once, that is how they are able to get so many grafts done at once.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I don't understand why anyone would get strip. If the results are not what you want and you want to shave it all off, you have all those scars. It's just not worth it.

Lack of money, ignorance, or a lack of donor hair to do the job without doing a strip (I've read more hair can be harvested with a strip.)

s.a.f

Reaction score
EANYC said:
SAF - why do you say it would take 6 or 7 sessions to do this many grafts? I think they have a lot of people working on you at once, that is how they are able to get so many grafts done at once.

You got 4000 FUE in 1 session?

From everything I've heard most docs can only FUE about 900-1400 in a day.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
EANYC said:
I don't know why everyone is saying the rates are so high for Dr Armani. I just locked in $7 per graft for 6500 grafts - this is with Dr Armani, not his associates. (4000 the first session and another 2500 in the second session). Would anyone please specify why FUE is not the way to go? I think I will eventually progress to a NW6 based on my family history, but my goal is to restore the hairline, and no strip scars so that if I do go to a NW6 later, I can shave my hair down.

Probably because you're getting so many grafts they give a discount but even at $7 this is around $50,000!! :freaked2:

I don't know about you, but I just don't have this kind of cash laying around. Most average guys don't.

It would be nice if money was no object but $50,000 is a lot of money to spend on a cosmetic procedure that may infact fail or at least ultimately fail based on your hairloss genes. Big risk. Not just finanically, but emotionally.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Again, I have to argue that if you've been mapped for miniaturization, failure is so rare that its simply not an option. It's the needle in a haystack mentality. As long as your not the needle, go for it. I think Dr. Armani will be fantastic. 7 bucks a graft he better be!

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
You seem to be supposing that NW7 is really rare. I have the impression that guys starting to lose hair in early 20's (or earlier) have a significant chance of ending up with that level of hair loss. Also, depending on donor characteristics, many NW6 and NW5 guys are really bad candidates, as well.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I would argue that full blown nw7 is rare. Most guys when they hit NW4 start shaving it. I would also argue most guys do start male pattern baldness in their 20's, but that age doesn't determine norwood. My buddy thought he was going bald at 19 because he got the V mature hairline. 13 years later, exact same hairline, crown, and overall density. Meanwhile I kept an adolescent hairline until 23, here I am at 32, 3 hair transplant's to date.