douggie's Story

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't really been here in a while as I have been spending most of my time in the gym getting in shape. Anyway, I started to notice I was diffusely thinning a bit on top at the end of summer 2002. I didn't do anything until Feb 2003 when I got some Nizoral. I used only that until Aug 12, 2003 when I started Proscar and have not missed a day since..

I have been taking 1/5 Proscar since then and have been shedding ever since, but it is impossible to say that it is from the drug. I would say that shedding definitely stepped up after starting the Proscar, which could be a good sign. I also got watery jizz about 2 weeks after I started, but that went away within a day or two. Libido is about the same, I generally rub one out 2-3 times a day, but some days I skip just because I am so busy, and that is ok.

As far as results, not much to speak of, but I am just finishing up my 5th month so I would have to guess I shouldn't see results anyway. I am going to purchase more Proscar probably at the end of the week. I refuse to get generic just because I want the reassurance that what I am getting is the real stuff and not a knock off. Since I am too lazy to look up what companies are reputable, I just went with Merck. From what I gather I am supposed to see results shortly, but regardless I am going to go through an entire year before I judge my progress. Actually, I will be going for at least another year on top of what I have done because that is how much Proscar I will be purchasing.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Somebody brought up a good question on another thread: What is the expiration date of proscar. Never thought about it, and I am only going to get one bottle at a time, so I don't think I have to worry, but I'll check for myself. You might want to check this out, too, if you are going to get a year's worth.

I started propecia sept 1 2003, nearing my 5th month now, too. I don't think it grew more hair, or little if it did. But the hair I do have feels thicker. How about you?

How did you realized you were diffusely thinning. Question has been asked before in a thread called something like "what exactly is shedding". I'm going to ask the question again. Did you just notice a thinner head of hair, and realize that there were some hairs on your pillow and in the sink?

Good luck to you.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, the Proscar I got last time had the expiration date stamped on the box and it expired over a yearafter I received it so no worries there.

I haven't really noticed anything, although recently I noticed that the hair I was losing are better quality hairs now then the ones I lost before, but who knows.

I noticed that I was diffusely thinning because each hair cut I go t was progressively worse and there was no recession. To be honest with ya, I think most people would laugh at my situation since it is tiny compared to some of the others I have seen. I jumped on Propecia to hang on to what I had and to hopefully thicken that up.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot, my hair has been growing alot faster than it was in and before August. I would say that my hair grew about 1/2" per month around then and now it has been growing over an inch a month since Decmber 1st. I actually think it has already grown more than an inch so far this month, I will know shortly.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update as requested.

On 7 months proscar cut into 5ths. Month 6 I shed for a bit and now I am back to normal. I am thinking it was a normal shed. No bad sides, nothing else of note. Hair has at the very least stabilized, probably thickened up a bit too. I have been using Nizoral for over a year as well.