Don't Sweat

GoldenBear

Reaction score
Well Ive been on finasteride for just over a year and I as well as people who dont even know Im on it have seen an improvement in my hair. Theres only 1 things I regret about my hair loss. Worrying about it, its not worth it life is too short to constantly look at the back of your head. I know Ill eventually be bald and Ive accepted that, but if the finasteride can slow it down and reduce my body hair a bit in my opinion thats a success in itself. I never come on here anymore and used to be here everyday. So its summer Im gonna go out have fun and not worry about my hair, I suggest everyone try and do the same.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good attitude, but im not going to let baldness win and will not give up the fight. I will not accept bald

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
good attitude, but im not going to let baldness win and will not give up the fight. I will not accept bald

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

beaner

Reaction score
worried@22 said:
this is not a success story.. rather a story of defeat.

He said he and others have seen an improvement in his hair over the last year and that he's now chosing to go out and live life rather than worry about it......so how is that a story of defeat? With the treatments available today that is probably the best a lot of us can hope for and Goldenbear certainly has the right attitude.

worried@22

Reaction score
beaner said:
worried@22 said:

He said he and others have seen an improvement in his hair over the last year and that he's now chosing to go out and live life rather than worry about it......so how is that a story of defeat? With the treatments available today that is probably the best a lot of us can hope for and Goldenbear certainly has the right attitude.

I will repeat my comment. Enjoying life and trying to keep hair on one’s head NOT mutually exclusive. However thinking that one can not live their life to the fullest whilst battling (*not thinking about*) hair loss has suffered defeat. But this is a thread for HAIR success stories, not stoies of great attitude. And if you were simply looking to compare your intelligence to mine... my Harvard Law degree will say otherwise. n00b.

worried@22

Reaction score
GoldenBear: "I know Ill eventually be bald and Ive accepted that"

*Thanks for playing, the defense rests.

beaner

Reaction score
worried@22 said:
beaner said:
[quote="worried@22":eb027]this is not a success story.. rather a story of defeat.

I will repeat my comment. Enjoying life and trying to keep hair on one’s head NOT mutually exclusive. However thinking that one can not live their life to the fullest whilst battling (*not thinking about*) hair loss has suffered defeat. But this is a thread for HAIR success stories, not stoies of great attitude. And if you were simply looking to compare your intelligence to mine... my Harvard Law degree will say otherwise. n00b.[/quote:eb027]
Who's trying to compare intelligence? I made a simple statement. If you took that as an attack on your intelligence than you're being quite paranoid....and I'm not quite sure about that noob comment seeing you only have 11 posts.

Felk

Reaction score
beaner said:
worried@22 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

worried@22 said:
beaner said:
[quote="worried@22":24e9e]this is not a success story.. rather a story of defeat.

I will repeat my comment. Enjoying life and trying to keep hair on one’s head NOT mutually exclusive. However thinking that one can not live their life to the fullest whilst battling (*not thinking about*) hair loss has suffered defeat. But this is a thread for HAIR success stories, not stoies of great attitude. And if you were simply looking to compare your intelligence to mine... my Harvard Law degree will say otherwise. n00b.[/quote:24e9e]

Oh my god, that has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen in these forums. Beaner wasn't comparing his intelligence, how did you jump to that conclusion? Don't bring out your supposed harvard law degree, which anyone could claim, and at the same time say words like "n00b" and expect us to treat you as intelligent :lol:

And I find it quite funny that you believe that a law degree would somehow impress us anyway - i usually find graduates somewhat overbearing and underwhelming.

And to cut to the bones of the argument - your criticism is based on a misreading of the post. He says he regrets worrying about his hair, and now chooses to go out and enjoy his life, yet you somehow interpret this as "thinking that one can not live their life to the fullest whilst battling (*not thinking about*) hair loss" - living his life to the fullest whilst battling and not thinking about hair loss is exactly what he is doing!

You have successfully made yourself out to be an enormous cretin :)

worried@22

Reaction score
Touche'

My earlier comment was made in haste and I now regret this. The contempt I hold for my situation came to a head in this forum. I apologize to beaner. However I feel this board should be reserved for actual success stories, and not somebody who has simply come to terms with the fact that he is loosing his hair. (Maybe this is just my interpretation of what he said.) But in my opinion, these boards have a large impact on young men looking for the encouragement to fight the good fight, such as myself. Regardless, congratulations to GoldenBear on his newfound outlook.

I wish all the members on this forum the best of luck in the seemingly uphill battle that I have only begun to realize as a 22-year-old student. Yes, a Norwood 2-3 at age 22, hence my bitter tone which got the best of me today. And no, I do not have as many posts as you Felk, point taken, but I hope I never do. I will NOT allow hair loss to dominate my life by posting away in these forums. Which I think is the crux of GoldenBear’s post.

And please do not feel the need to reply Felk, for I really do not care what you have to say. I have acquired all the information I need for the next 6 months in the past few days. Thank you to the people who freely share their experiences when asked for advice from younger members. But, I am sure that you will feel the need to reply Felk... and I look forward to reading it in December and laughing to myself again. Cheers.