Don't know if losing hair or not. HELP ME!

LawStudent

Reaction score
Please help. I am a 24 years old male and I have always been afraid of hair loss. I usually found comfort by looking at my father's hair, but recently I found out that hair loss gene can be either paternal or maternal. Now I am scared! I have always had thin hair so I am not one of those guys who KNOW that they will never go bald. Due to my increased interest in the subject, I have started paying more attention to any hair that fall out of my head. I have noticed that after I come out of the shower and put gel on my hair, I have 2-3 pieces of hair sticking to my hand. Do you think I am losing hair or am I just being paranoid? Also, I want to take proactive rather than reactive steps when it comes to my hair. Should I start using Rogaine or some other natural DHT inhibitor even though i am not sure if I am losing my hair? Would it adversely affect me in any way?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Cassin

Reaction score
LawStudent said:
Please help. I am a 24 years old male and I have always been afraid of hair loss. I usually found comfort by looking at my father's hair, but recently I found out that hair loss gene can be either paternal or maternal. Now I am scared! I have always had thin hair so I am not one of those guys who KNOW that they will never go bald. Due to my increased interest in the subject, I have started paying more attention to any hair that fall out of my head. I have noticed that after I come out of the shower and put gel on my hair, I have 2-3 pieces of hair sticking to my hand. Do you think I am losing hair or am I just being paranoid? Also, I want to take proactive rather than reactive steps when it comes to my hair. Should I start using Rogaine or some other natural DHT inhibitor even though i am not sure if I am losing my hair? Would it adversely affect me in any way?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Paranoid. Hairs aren't cemented into the scalp. Look at a girls hairbrush. Full of hair.

G

The best advise I can give you is to go see a doctor. I don't know whether or not you are losing your hair because i have not seen your hair, nor do i know how much it is shedding. Seeing 2-3 hairs fall out during styling with gel does not mean you are going bald. And seeing a few come out during a shower is normal. It is when you see an increased amount of shed is when you have to worry. But i suggest you see a doctor just to make sure.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
It's good to catch it early on but 2-3 hairs in your hands is normal. I think you'll know when your really starting to go bald. I remember one day noticing that I was losing 15-30 hairs when styling my hair and thats when I knew something was wrong.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing for me, was that styling my hair in the morning becaome difficult.. for some reason it just wouldn't do what it use to do. Only now i realise that it was because of thinning...

Go see your doctor!

odb

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage said:
The thing for me, was that styling my hair in the morning becaome difficult.. for some reason it just wouldn't do what it use to do. Only now i realise that it was because of thinning...

Go see your doctor!

Exact same thing for me, I never ever noticed any extra shedding or something like that. I just noticed that my hair became more and more difficult to style and more and more scalp was showing.