dont fool yourself with hairloss

G

i heard it so often. hairloss means unattractive, not what modern society wants of you.

dont fool yourself. you look older and less attractive with hairloss even if you shave it. its accepted to shave it , but its nothing like a full head of hair.

i think the way to go is either change it or accept it and get other things in your life going. but accept that you are not anymore pretty or "normal" looking especially at a young age and i guess most of us are young.

i dont know if its only on this forum, but the most cool guys in here have the best hair. the others with sh*t hair are depressed or "not cool".

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's not true at all, the cool guys are the guys with the best attitude towards hairloss despite age.

take taug for example. he's got to be in the top 15% of people with the most hair on this board...yet he has a terrible attitude about it and appears damaged, not "cool". your standards not mine.

i'm not going to name each person but i know there are some young guys 19-25 with NW3-5 area and are much more level headed about it.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
but accept that you are not anymore pretty or "normal" looking especially at a young age and i guess most of us are young.

Screw that. You are what you believe.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
most of the guys here are mental cases that have little to no hairloss and blow it out of proportion.

Become a NW5 like i was then start bitching... not these guys that are nw1.5 or nw2 that are crying like their life is over.... seriously its sad. 80% of these guys here don't even have anything noticiable other then maybe a little recede or some thinning.

They need therapists more then they need their hair.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im beginning to think taugh isnt lying about his hair but rather was too scared to post accurate pictures reflecting his dilemna. Probably just another case of the guy who takes pictures and chooses the optimal one to post in order to gain reassurance.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
i heard it so often. hairloss means unattractive, not what modern society wants of you.

dont fool yourself. you look older and less attractive with hairloss even if you shave it. its accepted to shave it , but its nothing like a full head of hair.

i think the way to go is either change it or accept it and get other things in your life going. but accept that you are not anymore pretty or "normal" looking especially at a young age and i guess most of us are young.

i dont know if its only on this forum, but the most cool guys in here have the best hair. the others with $#iT hair are depressed or "not cool".

Troll.

That is all :)

G

JayB said:
im beginning to think taugh isnt lying about his hair but rather was too scared to post accurate pictures reflecting his dilemna. Probably just another case of the guy who takes pictures and chooses the optimal one to post in order to gain reassurance.

i just saw this post and i totally agree. look at my recent post in his thread about looking in the mirror:

JayMan said:
taug, why dont you ever take pics of the top of your head with your hair combed back? why is it always combed forward?

maybe your loss is actually greater than you are showing us because you seem to be a diffuser and diffusers can hide their moderate hair loss by combing it forward( i know it, because thats what i used to do). you need to wet your hair, comb it back to expose your hairline, and then take pics of the top of your head to show us. otherwise those pictures are worthless.

He did take some pics exposing his hairline but he never shows the top of his head with the hairline combed back. Wonder why?

G

yes i know, some people even over react.

but in fact i think, you never will know if its overreacting or just a normal reaction to the fact that their appearance goes down.

i think there are guys who really can live a good live without hair. but that are mostly good looking guys or self-confident guys. even for them its a disadvantage i think.

but for the most guys, even for them who accept it, it has a huge impact on their life. even if they good comments. i mean, maybe the comments are just "your shaved head looks better than your past mess of hair on your head" . but a full head of hair is still better.

i saw a site, i dont remember it, blond men knows which one i mean, he is there a frequently poster. there are mostly bald shaved men and if you read their posts or look at their pictures...you just see that they lie to themselve. or maybe not and im all wrong? maybe i just see it too different that i can understand them. i dont know.

but fact is i think , modern society wants you to have hair if you want to look "mainstream".

i think too that taugenichts has not that good hair. if i take pictures of my hair in the right ligth, it looks like his , but in real its a mess.

tauge, maybe post some real pics of your hair, so we can see it better.

i know much of these problems with hairloss is mentally. but not everything. i think if you dont study right anymore or dont go out so often anymore just coz of your hair, then you got mentally problems. i know i got some.

but on the other side its a real problem. my dad says he even suffered from hairloss sometimes and i think my dad is someone who really accepts and lives a good live with his bald head without worrying.

i think suffer from hairloss its normal coz it takes away a part of your appearance and its sh*t. but if you dont study hard anymore or dont got out anymore or dont have friends coz of it, then you are ill. then see a shrink. i got to admit that i am ill and that i see a shrink to solve that problem with my mind. though, like i said, on the other hand its still a real problem on the outside which is not to understimate if you cannot compensate it.

in society you always represent something. you are either the pretty, the ugly, the rich , the poor, the guy with hot girlfriend or some other guy.

or you are the bald guy. and if you are, there are some stigmas with it. so my plan is ... going on see my shrink to solve my mental problems and to get a hair transplant for the outer problem. i know its risky but i want to do it though. i know three guys more or less with who i have contact who got a hair transplant and all are happy with it. many people say a transplant makes them happy AS LONG as its made good.

i know there are other options like shaving your head, but its just not the same like a full head of hair. [/list]

jwilson02

Reaction score
neo, you sit here and whine and complain that "society" wants you to be mainstream, but dude, YOU are "society"

YOU are the type of people that think anything other than a full head of hair is absolutely ugly...when in fact, those who are free of such mental illnesses find bald and even balding men attractive.

you are projecting your own feelings onto society as a whole. I gurantee that before you started losing hair you had no predisposition to judge a bald person as an ugly person.

I would go as far to say that a nw4 can be pulled off if short enough. As you sound young i think you should know that women are attracted many other things before they are attracted to hair(personality, cleanliness, humor)

That said, you will always always find a person whos hair you envy, whos muscles you envy, whos facial structure you envy, whose height, skin color, nose, eyes, chin, wealth, health, personality, smarts you envy. This IS human nature. But the coin has two sides, you have more going for you than a vast majority(paralyzed, burn victims, aids patients, cancer patients, many many many others)

Take heart in the fact that you have all your hands and feet, all your sight, your hearing, your health....go visit a hospital, your hair will become a fleeting vanity

G

ya , jwilson, im happy that i got my two hands and two legs and two eyes. and i know whats happening in a hospital. but that doesnt make it any better . if i even worry about hairloss so much, how should i be able to handle if i miss a hand or a leg. i think i would kill myself in that case.

maybe i got the wrong friends and go to the wrong places? i got a friend who i really envy, coz he is tall , got perfect hair, has self-confidence and can get every woman he wants. i wanna be like that!

god i know i got mental issues. i need to work on them. i think its good to talk to guys like you coz the way to solve mental problems is to get new views from other people and to respect them and use them as your own views. seeing a shrink is only half of the solution. the other half you need to do by yourself by getting new views. and to change yourself (in your mind).

about the society thing. its maybe people like me who think like that who make the society what it is. but its not us who make it, its the media. they make us. and the media is geared to natural things. there is something natural which makes people like beautiful men or women more than ugly ones. and hair makes you beautiful or more beautiful. thats not something which media made , its something which comes from nature. everything in society and media comes from natural wants of humans. its all geared to natural things. its not made. its natural and just geared to it.[/list]

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think people need to get some perspective.

Hair loss is a b**ch, and no doubt I would like mine back. But if my regimen doesn't work, am I gonna sit around crying like a girl? Am I heck! :evil:

If you're a man, and hair loss is the worst of your problems, you should count yourself lucky!

G

i know i know. but what can i do? i am worrying. i cant change myself.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes you can change yourself.

You are the ONLY person who can change yourself.

You need to accept that hairloss is cr*p but on the scale of miseries that humankind has had to face it doesn't rank much higher than a minor inconvenience...

It's only YOU who can stop the wrecking of your life by hairloss becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy!

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
i saw a site, i dont remember it, blond men knows which one i mean, he is there a frequently poster. there are mostly bald shaved men and if you read their posts or look at their pictures...you just see that they lie to themselve. or maybe not and im all wrong? maybe i just see it too different that i can understand them. i dont know.

Totally different. Whether naturally thinning or not, we're confident and happy with the way we look because we love shaving our heads. Shaving mine was a liberating experience. When you say society wants you to have a full head of hair, I don't even know where to begin listing all the successful people that society admires who don't have any. Since hair doesn't matter to society after all, it shouldn't matter to you either.