Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big 3 will still be THE WAY TO GO in the year 2040. Deal with it. Don't be delusional, relax! ;):rolleyes:

Phenelzine (Nardil) and Tranylcypromine (Parnate) are still the most effective antidepressants & anxiolytics and they have been around for 60 years. There hasn't been anything better for the last 60 years, although pharma is putting billions of dollars in the development of newer & better antidepressants.

Poll is open! Vote, Vote, Vote...

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big 3 will still be THE WAY TO GO in the year 2040. Deal with it. Don't be delusional, relax! ;):rolleyes:

Phenelzine (Nardil) and Tranylcypromine (Parnate) are still the most effective antidepressants & anxiolytics and they have been around for 60 years. There hasn't been anything better for the last 60 years, although pharma is putting billions of dollars in the development of newer & better antidepressants.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow he really seems like he knows what he is talking about! From now on thanks to him I'm gonna leave this section of the blog forever. Thanks a lot mate if it weren't for this great thread I would still looking for medical advances but you really have figure it out. Again thank you for wasting your precious time in doing this.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have plenty of valuables studies that have taught us how to effectively keep depression at bay, the progress we've made in those areas are incredible.
lol, there hasn't been any progress.
Depression is becoming the most widespread disease in the world.
Relapse rates are high as never....

Respecting your circadian rhythm, having goals, having a routine, eating properly, sleeping properly, having a romantic partner, having a social life, raising a family, getting enough sunlight, psychotherapy,
People get depressed nonetheless....

and yes, sometimes well-researched and effective medication as a crutch.
lol yeahh...
http://blogs.nature.com/news/2008/02/post_3.html
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/art...us-placebos-meaningful-advantages-are-lacking

State of the art hair pieces (that's all we had at first), minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, dermmatch, toppik, FUT, FUE, FUE megasessions, temporary SMP, body hair transplant.
Those treatments are limited in their efficiency. Not everyone reacts to finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil in a
satisfactory way, not everyone is suitable for hair transplants...

I guess we already had all this in the 1950's?!
We still have balding people, don't we?
Or is alopecia androgenetica and baldness cured?

And let's not forget the research going on: Histogen, Replicel, Shiseido, Tjusi, etc.
9 of 10 Phase II pharmaceutical developments never hit the market. true story.

We are making progress and we should be grateful to be living in a time like this.
How old are you? How much time do you have to wait for a better treatment or a cure?

It's just too easy to destroy your silly, pessimistic, baseless arguments.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-want-to-believe

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant believe you think 2 no selective IMAO inhibitor are the best antidepressant there are, they don't even compare to any of the most recent SSRIs, that inhibit the serotonin uptake selectively. It goes to showing how much you understand about sh*t...

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this guy realize that follica is in phase 3? Lol or that Sheseido is in the equivalence to phase 3? Or that topical finasteride is in phase 3? Or that 6 different legit companies have entered the hair regeneration field since I joined this form (in 2015)?

Get out of here lol. Times are changing for the better. We won't have a cure, but there will be something better in the next 3 years

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, there hasn't been any progress.
Depression is becoming the most widespread disease in the world.
Relapse rates are high as never....

People get depressed nonetheless....

lol yeahh...
http://blogs.nature.com/news/2008/02/post_3.html
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/art...us-placebos-meaningful-advantages-are-lacking

Those treatments are limited in their efficiency. Not everyone reacts to finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil in a
satisfactory way, not everyone is suitable for hair transplants...

We still have balding people, don't we?
Or is alopecia androgenetica and baldness cured?

9 of 10 Phase II pharmaceutical developments never hit the market. true story.

How old are you? How much time do you have to wait for a better treatment or a cure?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-want-to-believe
Im sorry but you are such an idiot lol you are over exaggerating on every part of statements lol for example you said 9 out of 10 phase ll trials never hit the market..
First of all NO phase 2 trials hit the market cause they have to do phase 3 lol and by the way 70% of phase ll trials fail not 90% big difference there buddyb

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wrong forum?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Cancer death rates have declined since the 90s and the number of people living beyond the diagnosis is to rise 5 million by 2024, but people still get and die of cancer — therefore, no progress has been made since the 1950s" — OP's logic.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all of cosmetic dermatology has been invented in the past 20 years. Botox, fillers, retin-a, laser treatments, kybella, coolsculpting... so I don't really buy this idea that there's no progress in cosmetic medicine.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope/bet the next one will be the breakthrough.

I think the recent news from Tsuji aiming for the 2020 commercial is pretty much it... if not, damn close to it. I don't think the Japanese would through out a claim like that on 'loose' research. It'll be two years since the last congress so it'll be interesting to find out what's been in the works since then from other research teams. Think about it; we were all pinning our hopes on Dr. Lauster's team, Follica, Histogen, Aderans and Replicel for the longest time and then almost out of nowhere Tsuji came out and pulled the rug from underneath everyone.

With how much advancement has been progressivle made from 2000-2015, I imagine discoveries since 2015 must be pretty impressive (think bell curve).