Don´t be depressed

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to write this thread some hours ago but had to leave and now here i am but i´m not very inspired like i was sometime ago but anyway here goes:

I see alot of people here depressed about their hairloss and when i read those posts i lose hope. But when i read positive posts my morale increases.
Actually i´m more positive than pessimistic about my hairloss and do you know why?

Well everyday i see bald guys when i go to work and even where i work...i look at them and don´t see noting special...when bald people come to me to ask for some information (i work in the airport) i´m not rude for them just because they have less hair and even when i didn´t had hairloss i didn´t care about speaking with bald people.

Of course i notice bald people more now and i take a glance to see with who they are and if they are out of shape.
The reason i do this is to see if they are alongside pretty women and to see if being in shape or not makes them more confident or not.

I remember one bald guy i´ve saw when i was going to work...he was alongside his GF and they seemed very happy and she seemed to like him very much as they were joking with eachother.
There´s also one of my bosses who´s 30 that is getting bald but he has such a cute and fecking fit GF...and what i see in him is that he´s great and fun to be and doesn´t seem to care about his hairloss and women like to speak with him also.

I remember to also see a guy in the mall,he was young and maybe of my age (23) and he had this surfing style and he was enjoying his time alongside other girls and didn´t seem to care about his hairloss also.

And today while i was at the bar there was this guy that was being flamed by his mates because his bald head but it was in a funny way but people are very fond of him but you see,he didn´t take that serious and joined,flaming his mates too :D...see...just make fun of the situation.

I also see people like Vin Diesel and Bruce willis having sucesseful careers and alongside pretty women.

All this for me gives me more confidence to enjoy life even when i lose all my hair.

In my case i want to join UNi next year to take Cinema and Multimédia and i hope and i will fight to have a career in one of these areas and it´s not going to be hairloss stoping me from doing that...my preference was to join a videogame project and work in that area.

And since i really want to have a great body,not very big but a bit of volume and defined,i will pursue that and i will not care about the hair.
I have this video about the rising physiques in america and they are so f*****g inspiring that i keep remembering them to keep me motivated...there´s also a guy in the video that has a receeding hairline but his body is fantastic.

I can see my self in some years surfing as one of my hobbies with a shaved bald head look and with an awe inspiring physique on top of an Honda cbr1000f R4 with a career in videogames or even cinema or web design...even if get an intimitading look it will not matter (i´m too much nice to be rude ;) )...i remember what my coworker told me last week about a big guy she knows...she told me that he surprised her by being very funny and nice because she was expecting a rude guy just because of his side lol.

Anyway i´m actually studying for an exam that i need to pass to enter UNI next year in that Cinema and Multimedia course (it´s 3 years) and hopefully it will be the start of a great journey.

One thing is for shure...i will fight for what i want to be and do what i enjoy...i will refuse to stay at home alone and depressed just because of this.

:D

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep its true.

That was a great hope, and i've seen the same situations as you have many times over and it's all true.

I guess its the fact a lot of people who come to these boards that have hairloss probably have other underlying mental illness which makes things worse - i know this because I'm one of them.

All the best mate.

lynknstyl

Reaction score
I do not believe hairloss is all about women. Women in general like a guy with a positive outlook and sense of humor. (Whether she will date you is another matter).

Hairloss does however (to me at least) affect other parts of your life. Take for instance this example:

The company I work for is holding an employee soccer tournament (World Cup frenzy maybe). Each department has a team (6 in all) and matches are held during lunch hour. Not to say that I am an avid soccer player, but I do enjoy the game and would definitely take part if not for my hair issue.

You see, I use Toppik to conceal my hairloss (diffuse thinning on top, Norwood 2 up front). Anybody who uses this stuff knows that you cannot perspire with it on...if your scalp sweats, the stuff will run down your forehead looking like green mascara (I use the black toppik). I could just not use it for that particular day...but my hair look awful without it...

I have shaved my head in the past (tried fully shaved, clip1, clip2), but my hair density is very low on top, so my scalp looks very shiny, and it adds about 10 years to my appearance. Plus in my profession, a shaved head would not look very professional.

That is just one of many instances...just walking outside on windy days, bright days is more of a hassle than it should be...

I dunno...

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Zinedine Zidane is a very sucessful French soccer player who is BALD.

Although you care about your thin hair, I'm sure no one else will give a fk as they're more interested in whether you can score a goal or even pass straight.

Goingat20

Reaction score
So- i think he was refering to toppik which makes him unable to play, not because he didnt want to.