Does Non surgical transplants , strand by strand, Grafting ?

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I saw so many people complaing abt the hair peices they use and uncomfort they have and all that stuff..I saw these breakthrus mite not be new.. but wanted to chek.
does any1 used any of the non surgical restoration methods?
1)I dont understand how they glue fake hair to ur?
2)Is strand by strand any better? they say its virtually undetectable. Is anyone using or used it.
3)folligraft techs etc.
and wat is the difference between a hair peice (wig) and to the above new tech.
some one been there and on it please clarify.
Thanks

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
non-surgical= hairpiece

Anything that is non-sugical is going to be a hairpiece glued to the scalp.
The breakthroughs are not break throughs at all, just another way of lying to you so that you`ll think they did something new.

Strand by strand = they tie a hair onto the hairpiece/wig one hair at a time, then they glue it to your head.
Non-surgical transplants= They glue a wig to your scalp.
Grafting= they glue a hairpeice/wig to your scalp.
Folligraft= a wig/hairpiece glued to your head.

A hairpiece is a hairsystem, a wig, a toupee there is no difference between them, they are all the same.

I wear a wig/toupee/hairpiece/hairsystem/strand by strand folligraft/non-surgical transplant myself, but I do all the work on it myself as far as putting it on (glueing it on) taking it off and cleaning it, cutting the hairs, etc and I spend less than 1000 dollars per year doing it.

I do not recommend ever going to any salon, hair replacement center, or other, to get a hairpiece/wig/toupee/hairsystem glued to your head when you can do it yourself and make it look much better for less than half the cost.
And it wont be uncomfortable or look wrong.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: non-surgical= hairpiece

A hairpiece is a hairsystem, a wig, a toupee there is no difference between them, they are all the same.

Basicaly you are correct in all your statements. It all started with the Wig and then there was the "little wig" for just the top of the head... the French word for "Little wig" is Toupee.

As the toupee has changed and been refined, so have the words used to market it. When I first entered the Hair Replacement game (1977) the "New" word was a Hair System. The units at that time were still made with heavy base's and mostly synthetic hair or course straight Asian hair. The manufacturers were trying to make the dam thing durable to meet the demands of those who expected 7 years or more out of this thing that was worn 7 days a week for all your waking hours. As time has progressed the manufacturers have started pushing us to think of the unit as expendable, think of disposable contacts they say. The units now, be they a mesh base or a poly... have thinner density hair and thinner more fragile base's...

In the past my clients expected 9 months to two years out of a unit. Now I have clients who go thru 6 units a year. Hair Club and others have plans which put a new unit on you every month. That can get real expensive.

The latest terminolgy being used is "Graft" as in "Non Surgical Skin Graft"

Most prefer to have the "Graft" bonded to their head so as it is in place 24/7. This of course causes a shorter life for the "Graft" than if it was removed when sleeping alone and showering.

You can learn to do alot of your maintance yourself.. If you can find someone who will teach you and work with you... The problem is most stylists seem to want to keep everything a secret, fearing that they will loose the customer. Personaly I like the client to know as much as possible, teach them proper care and let them do whatever they can handle to keep their costs down. I don't want all their money today! I want it for the rest of their life.