Does masturbation or sex do harm to our hair-regrowth?

air_canton

Reaction score
Hi all:

I am a newer to this forum.

I am a yellow in China.

I want to consult people here for a few questions.

Does masturbation or sex do harm to our hair-regrowth? If not, how many times of sex do you have per week (or per month)?

I've just begun my hair treatment by Minoxidil 5% twice a day and Proscar 1.25mg per day.

But I wonder whether sex actions do harm to our regrowth or not.

So, want to get information from the successful hair-regrowthers.

Thank you so much!!!

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ll assume that you are serious and not fooling around.

There is no link, or association, between sex/masturbation and hair loss. If anyone tells you such they do not know what they are talking about. Give your treatments about 1 year to see some good results.

I hope you can translate this well. :)

dilemma451

Reaction score
Makes sense...

Well this seems like a logical argument, seeing as sexual organs do play a role in hormonal balance. And consider the following from the Article titled "How your lifestyle influences your Testosterone levels " http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/hormones/bigt_2.htm:

"And what about when you feel horny, baby? Well intercourse, masturbation, and viewing erotic stimuli may all cause rises in your... testosterone.

* Measured over the course of several weeks, men's testosterone levels went up on 11 nights in which they had sex while the testosterone levels went down during 11 sexless nights.(5)
* Increases in LH and testosterone are seen during sexual activity including masturbation."

Something to think about :)

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I came across an excellent post by someone who comes off as a doctor and at least came across to me as knowing what he/she was talking about regarding this topic.

Here's the link http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/discus/ BTW when you click on the link, click on the male pattern baldness link then go all the way down the page to the topic, "Hair Loss Due To Over Masturbation – How to Avoid it " The post that I'm referring to is the one that is by an Anonymous poster and it's dated Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 06:04 am. Oh geees, I'll just copy and paste it here for y'all:)

---------
By Anonymous on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 06:04 am: Edit

Masturbation and consequent orgasm depletes the brain and spinal fluids of acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin and the hormones such as hGH, DHEA, testosterone, thyroxine (T4) and Triiodothyronine (T3), neurotransmitters that are responsible for human functioning and very important when it comes to sex. This deficiency melts the brain’s acetylcholine/parasympathetic, dopamine and serotonin nervous functions and your endocrine functions. The damage results in the symptoms of bladder and prostate problems; frequent urination, incontinency, semen leakage, enlarged prostate, etc.

People also experience hair loss and they have no idea why they are losing hair. Even young men come to me and wonder why they are losing hair. The answer lies in the imbalances of the bodies nutrients and hormones that overmasturbation produces. Over burning of testosterone into DHT and the excessive DHT binds to the root of hair cells, blocking it from growing and cutting off supplies of nutrients and proteins so that hair will thin and eventually stop growing.

Frequent ejaculation also depletes the body of serotonin which then strikes an imbalance of serotonin and melatonin production (which controls your biological clock and tells you when to sleep and when to get sleepy). Serotonin on the other hand is responsible for fighting stress and anxiety and focusing on concentration…it then gets converted to melatonin for a good night’s sleep to recharge. People who over-masturbate tend to experience lack of concentration, focus, fatigue, and this is a direct result of depleting their bodies of serotonin.

Some of the people I have helped are clueless and don’t understand that pain usually means something is wrong. If ejaculating hurts…stop doing it! Frequent ejaculations deplete your body of prostaglandin E-1 and until the body can produce sufficient amounts of that nutrient, there will be pain and soreness after ejaculating. Allowing the body to recover before ejaculating again is the first step. People also complain of pain in the prostate (which is due to an enlarged prostate that also restricts urine flow and contributes to incontinency) after ejaculation. I tell them that their PSA levels have been elevated too high and won’t return to normal levels until another day or so. This is why the prostate is swollen and should be given time to rest before ejaculating again.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
The answer seems to be stated in here

Some of the people I have helped are clueless and don’t understand that pain usually means something is wrong. If ejaculating hurts…stop doing it!

It only makes sense that if you're jacking off so often that you're actually hurting then give it a chance to recoup.

SE-freak

Reaction score
That advice has a value similar to the following:

"If you scratch and bleed then stop".