Does masturbation actually affect hairloss?

sean7755

Reaction score
While looking at the hair loss forum on Reddit, several people mentioned this. I looked further into it, and it turns out that many men who no longer masturbate have noticed healthier and fuller looking hair, even those without male pattern baldness. Guys with male pattern baldness said they saw their hair grow up within months of stopping.

Does anyone here have experiences with this?

hair_nag

Established Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been any real evidence that masturbation affects hairloss. But excessive masturbation especially due to watching a lot of p**rn does affect people (especially men) psychologically, it causes a form of dopamine addiction, and so it can affect your mood. So sure avoid excessive jerking but its highly unlikely to affect your hairloss.

shookwun

Reaction score
no, but masturbation, and drinking in conjunction with one another makes me break out.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
There are lots of threads in this forum about Masturbation-Hairloss. Read them and you will find what´s the MAIN opinion of it.
To sum up:

Slide-Photo-George-Clooney-Eating-Banana-Italy.jpg

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
One more of these threads:
[video]http://i.imgur.com/97tr3AS.webm[/video]

voss224

Banned
Reaction score
I read that masturbating at night, before bed is bad for hair health because when you masturbate, DHT is produced in the body. When you sleep, the DHT travels into the scalp and gets stuck there due to lower blood circulation during sleep. If you have sex at night, it's ok because your blood is pumping from all the pumping you did(haha) and the DHT doesn't get stuck in the scalp.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Masturbation has NO effect on hair loss.

PERIOD. This discussion has been done so many god damn times its becoming a troll topic.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that masturbating at night, before bed is bad for hair health because when you masturbate, DHT is produced in the body. When you sleep, the DHT travels into the scalp and gets stuck there due to lower blood circulation during sleep. If you have sex at night, it's ok because your blood is pumping from all the pumping you did(haha) and the DHT doesn't get stuck in the scalp.

Wearing a tin foil hat to bed will protect your follicles.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

I laughed when I read this post. :laugh:

I laughed not because I want to be mean, it's because it's a silly theory, not true however. It's a good theory, but again, not true.

There's currently no real scientific evidence that masturbation affects hair loss. If it did, we would have known that for a while now.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Masturbation has NO effect on hair loss.

PERIOD. This discussion has been done so many god damn times its becoming a troll topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Wearing a tin foil hat to bed will protect your follicles.

answer my private message homie

zizoux

Reaction score
IMO I can absolutely say that it doesn't affect hairloss. I'm 100% sure.
I've gone 2 months, 3 months, then again 2 months without any kind of release and I have NOT noticed any difference. Your body constantly produces semen.You'll either release it during your sleep or leak it after peeing.(srs) Unless you masturbate everyday like a fiend, you'll be fine. If you're still not sure, you can try and see it for yourself.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I read a few studies that excessive masturbation can increase dht , just have a look around the net. Weirdly they don't mention how much is excessive .... Lol ! I think 4 times a day is the norm though

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am almost certain it has nothing to do with hair loss directly. However, it may help you correct other conditions that COULD lead to hair loss such as adrenal fatigue, androgen insensitivity, and thyroid issue.

hair_nag

Established Member
Reaction score
Supposedly male pattern baldness has a diathesis–stress model mechanism. Meaning that genetics determines predisposition, but certain environmental stress factors can either hasten or postponed its manifestation to an extent. But the exact factors aren't well understood and highly variable from person to person.

So sure there might be things you could do (or not do) that might slow or postponed male pattern baldness, but we don't know exactly what yet and the extent to which male pattern baldness can be postponed or slowed is still dependent on how predisposed you are genetically.

all this said there is no evidence masturbation is one of these stress factors.

gomez.mathew

Reaction score
Here's the deal - they have conducted studies showing a correlation between DHT levels and frequency of orgasm, but they haven't conducted any studies directly correlating masturbation to hair loss, so we really don't know whether that change in DHT would be significant enough to effect hair loss. I suspect abstaining might have some marginal effect, but probably nowhere in the same league as something like Propecia.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every priest, bishop, archbishop and cardinal in the roman catholic church makes a vow NOT to jerk off ever in their lifetime and yet despite this if you look at any and all of them you'll see a LOT of them are either balding or totally bald.

Doesn't look like 'nofap' has done much for them, though you could dispute if they actually are practicing nofap considering the amount of pedophilia in the church.

Whatever... this thread will hit yet another 5-10 pages of total bullsh!t from a few select guys supporting nofap, desperately trying to fool other readers and convince themselves of a 'regimen that works'. Face it; you're all balding and there's basically nothing you can do about it.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just crawl upto a space and cry until all your body runs out of water....
@hellouser
That was one hell of a good example

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a chance that people with male pattern baldness have the power of slowing down or speeding up male pattern baldness with life style choices? If u get two people with male pattern baldness genes and one jerks off 5x a day and the other never does...would the nofap one have thicker hair

gomez.mathew

Reaction score
It does make sense that DHT would play a roll in sexual arousal - when you take a drug that reduces DHT, a common side-effect is lowered libido. But, I doubt simply cutting out masturbation would suddenly reverse your male pattern baldness. Let's just say masturbation probably doesn't help.