Does Laser Therapy Work As A Treatment For Hair Loss?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it actually works? Hair club for men tried to get me to buy it but I've heard bad things about this company and it seemed very costly

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I went for a consultation at a laser hair place. She told me I shouldnt try finasteride and she guaranteed me the laser would work. Even gave me a free session. Woulda cost me 2 grand for a full round of it. Several months with 2 sessions a week.

Decided against it though. Went with finasteride.

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
probably any news/results of HairMax laser 82/Igrow/Terradome? i read that all are FDA cleared as safe but not for use for hairloss(only hairmax laser comb as i remember can be used for hairloss). anyway they do men's studies for Androgenetic Alopecia and recieved some proofments(more for IGlow). any opinions?

Last edited:

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes lasers do work for hairloss, its even been shown on TV show "The Doctors". also a well known Laser pioneer named "Over Macho Grande" teaches you how to build your own helmet. I built one by him (free plans) and it makes a difference. Think of lasers as a way to stimulate hair without using minoxidil.

I did Lasers + Revivogen and it completely halted my hairloss. However I was being cheap and wanted to save money so lately ive been using Beta-Sitosterol topically with coconut oil. The results..id say are mild shedding stoppage. With Revivogen + LLLT I hardly ever shed more than 20 hairs in the shower or morning sink.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would steer clear of laser treatments. The "effective" ones are way too costly and studies do not back up the effectiveness they claim.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on a lazer hair band for a little over a month. No results yet; I really doubt it will do anything. All the dermatologists I have talked to were skeptical about the lazers working, but it does not hurt to try.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
For those doctors who have their patients use the Laser Cap, they have seen only thickening up of existing hair but not obvious regrowth. And most of the time they have the patient on other treatments so its hard to know for sure what it really does. I have the Laser Cap and use it 3 times per week but I use other treatments. Sometimes I honestly think its a huge waste of time but I remember when I did not change any treatments and just added the Laser Cap and a few months later noticed less shedding and slight improvement in hair quality so I stick with it as long as I invested all that money in it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Laser treatment actually makes Minoxidil work better and faster. It makes the Minoxidil Sulfate (enzyme responsible for hair growth) act faster. It's beneficial when both are used together.

Where'd you hear that?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Garbage more or less. One thing it may do is it makes hair quality a little better and hair grows faster. But it's not a serious treatment and definitely not a stand alone treatment! LOL at Drs saying laser over finasteride.

Lets give some light stimulation, ATP synthesis over knocking out DHT activity at the hair follicle by 85-90%.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it works to help slow down shedding...I purchased one in March..after the first 2 weeks my long hair shed went from about 40-50 strands in shower down to 5-15 strands depending on day. I did not start to shed again (mainly short hairs) until I started Keto 2% a month later and that lasted for a few weeks..then i did not shed again until my ferritin level went up--that time it was long and short hairs but very skinny sickly looking..that lasted a couple of days..

Basically i think the laser slowed down my shedding. I purchased mine on QVC they give you (i think) 6 months to try it out. Im going to continue using it. Its hard to know exactly what item works so it think hitting it from few angles helps..I would get the hairmax comb not the 'band' because the clinical trials are based on the combs not the band (i think at least check it out to make sure).
If you don't see a change of at least the shedding i would return it. I do have some new growth where i had some bare spots BUT i cannot tell you if that is from laser, shampoo or my iron pills. And it's not impressive growth yet. I'm using it 5 months. Definitely improved shedding.

Im a woman and i have low ferritin as main cause of hair loss (supposedly, according to my Dr) but i think i also have at least a slight Androgenetic Alopecia. Just sharing in case their is difference what works for women vs men.

M

Michael Kole

This question is incredibly difficult to answer, since there is so much conflicting evidence and such a wide variety of professional opinion.
It seems it works for some and not others. Furthermore, it appears there is no 'ideal' type of laser to use, no 'perfect' wavelength for optimum results, and no proven recommendation as to how long or frequent the treatment should be.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought a laser helmet from OMG about 3 years ago. I use it 3 times a week for 20 min. I seriously think it has helped me hold on to what I have. As for growing thick terminal hair, probably not.
I always use it though. I have missed maybe 5-6 uses in the past 3 years. Many people say they take up too much time. That's BS in my opinion. The amount of time you sit in front of your laptop browsing the web, you'll have one 20 minute session done. Mon, Wed, Fri. Thats all it takes.
I really think my hair would be in way worse shape if I hadn't been using it.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used a helmet and still currently for 7 months now. After the first 3 weeks, I began to shed slightly at a higher rate. All the hairs shedding were my thicker and longer hairs that normally dont. At around month 3 this stopped. I havent seen a benefit in quality, density, nor hair count. Ill wait til a year til i finally conclude it hasnt even worked for maintenance.

Elenaforbes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually it is not that costly. for example, a LLLT cap with 88 diodes only cost $399 for a lifetime use. As for the side effect, you can read this article: How does ReHair® Laser Hair Cap Work? After having a basic understanding on how LLLT works, I am sure you will know whether to buy the cap or not.

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those doctors who have their patients use the Laser Cap, they have seen only thickening up of existing hair but not obvious regrowth. And most of the time they have the patient on other treatments so its hard to know for sure what it really does. I have the Laser Cap and use it 3 times per week but I use other treatments. Sometimes I honestly think its a huge waste of time but I remember when I did not change any treatments and just added the Laser Cap and a few months later noticed less shedding and slight improvement in hair quality so I stick with it as long as I invested all that money in it.

it works for me
But as a stand alone treatment I’m not sure, I use it with zix

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
That did not answer the question!
I think their professional opinion carries more weight than yours since they are actually inspecting my scalp and medically trained

pictures also show I’ve maintained

Last edited: