does folligen really turn vellus hairs into terminal hairs?

G

is this true? i have heard that this is the case in some sites. ive been using minoxidil on my hairline n temples for 8 months n hair regrew in my temples but r thin n all i see is tiny TINY vellus hairs all over my hairline...it sure would be great if folligen made them turn to regular hairs.

G

I wouldnt expect too much from Folligen or any other SOD.

Redbone

Reaction score
Dont waste your money on SOD's unless of course you buy them from this website :rockon:

G

Re: does folligen really turn vellus hairs into terminal hai

afro21 said:
is this true? i have heard that this is the case in some sites. ive been using minoxidil on my hairline n temples for 8 months n hair regrew in my temples but r thin n all i see is tiny TINY vellus hairs all over my hairline...it sure would be great if folligen made them turn to regular hairs.

In my experience, Folligen helps to minimize shedding and help keep hairs from turning grey. Overall, I find it a nice adjunct to the big three but not a replacement.

Also keeps you scalp healthy.

Good luck.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised at the anti-SOD sentiment in this thread! 8O

Personally, I think that SODs are probably roughly similar to minoxidil in effectiveness, and also nicely complementary with it.

Bryan

bombscience

Reaction score
Bryan said:

Personally, I think that SODs are probably roughly similar to minoxidil in effectiveness, and also nicely complementary with it.

Bryan

Bryan,

As I would agree that SODs have helped tremendously with my scalp condition problems, I feel they have done nothing to slow loss or help with regrowth.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

Bryan

I concur...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bombscience, how would you really KNOW, with all those things you're using? :)

I truly appreciate the anecdote, I really do, but let's face it: we also hear similar things from unhappy users of every other single treatment you can name, like minoxidil, finasteride, even dutasteride. You can always find people who say, "I used (fill-in-the-blank) for several months, it didn't even slow down my loss!" That's why I always prefer to go by clinical data from trials.

Bryan

G

Wow, I'm surprised at the anti-SOD sentiment in this thread!

So would you say folligen is as effective to 5% minoxidil in terms of regrowth?

:roll:

Stingray

Reaction score
Everyone reacts differently to different stumilii. One person my turn in to a gorilla with 1ml minoxidil twice a day...while someone else requires every known treatment in the book just to maintain.

Everyone is different. And god damn spironolactone stinks!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
So would you say folligen is as effective to 5% minoxidil in terms of regrowth?

You're poking me with a sharp stick, trying to make me crawl farther and farther out on a limb! :lol:

The only two trials I'm aware of that directly tested copper peptides and topical minoxidil head-to-head (one was a human study, the other was in animals) only used 2% minoxidil, but they _appeared_ to show that the copper peptides were at least as effective as the minoxidil, so that would seem to put them in the same general neighborhood of effectiveness. However, if you push me by asking for a direct comparison with 5% minoxidil, then I obviously have to get more and more uncertain about such speculation.

Furthermore, I find myself in the strange and awkward position of having to defend Folligen itself, which I've always been somewhat dubious about over the years. My comments are actually for copper-peptides in general, not Folligen specifically.

Bryan

G

You're poking me with a sharp stick, trying to make me crawl farther and farther out on a limb!

The only two trials I'm aware of that directly tested copper peptides and topical minoxidil head-to-head (one was a human study, the other was in animals) only used 2% minoxidil, but they _appeared_ to show that the copper peptides were at least as effective as the minoxidil, so that would seem to put them in the same general neighborhood of effectiveness. However, if you push me by asking for a direct comparison with 5% minoxidil, then I obviously have to get more and more uncertain about such speculation.

Furthermore, I find myself in the strange and awkward position of having to defend Folligen itself, which I've always been somewhat dubious about over the years. My comments are actually for copper-peptides in general, not Folligen specifically.

Hehe! :lol:

Studies indeed have their relevance. It just seems from general hairloss public consensus that minoxidil is a winner against any copper peptide topical, folligen, tricomin et al. Not to say they arent a valauable tool in our arsenel.

:)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Studies indeed have their relevance. It just seems from general hairloss public consensus that minoxidil is a winner against any copper peptide topical, folligen, tricomin et al. Not to say they arent a valauable tool in our arsenel.

Anecdotes on hairloss sites usually don't make all that much of an impression on me...they're just too unscientific! Give me a clinical trial, any ol' day of the week! :)

Here's what I'm gonna do ONLY for the three of you guys who expressed your skepticism over copper-peptides (Lizzad, Zimmy, and redbone): send me your snail-mail addresses, and I'll be happy to send you paper copies of all three of those copper-peptide trials that I've referenced in the past (the ones published in the book "Dermatologic Research Techniques"). I can't scan them all and post them on my Web site, there's just too much and it would eat-up all my available space. However, I'll send them to you three guys ONLY, if you promise me that you'll read them with an open mind and post your thoughts on them afterwards!

Private Message me with your addresses, and I'll get them out to you. Yes, I'm aware that you (Zimmy) and Lizzad are in the UK. That's ok.

Bryan

G

Private Message me with your addresses, and I'll get them out to you. Yes, I'm aware that you (Zimmy) and Lizzad are in the UK. That's ok.

Done. :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Don't do it! He's going to fly to your house and TP your trees!

Ugh its too late!

:freaked2:

HairLossTalk.com

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Bryan

I can give you my phone number and you can read them to me at bedtime, should do the trick. I appreciate the offer Bryan, but i fear you'd be wasting your time, i'm notoriously lazy with such things & would no doubt just read the abstracts & conclusions.

Send them to zimmy tho, infact, make sure you give his address to the Revivogen/Crinagen companies to they can send him daily leaflets. :twisted:

I'm aware of the tricomin study, comparing it to 2% minoxidil, but i can't justify it's cost against the potential benefits. Besides, too many topicals are clogging up my hair.

Question is, will SOD's be around in 10 years time?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Don't do it! He's going to fly to your house and TP your trees!

Hey, I could never do that to YOU, because all your trees have burned down!! :moon:

Bryan

G

I can give you my phone number and you can read them to me at bedtime, should do the trick. I appreciate the offer Bryan, but i fear you'd be wasting your time, i'm notoriously lazy with such things & would no doubt just read the abstracts & conclusions.

Oh come on Lizzad! I need your, albeit limited I.Q to come up with a joint intelligent sounding rebuttal for all of the copper peptide studies!

Dont think i can do it on my lonesome! :cry:

BTW Lizzad give ME your phone number and address and ill make some prank pizza delivery calls to your house.

G

Hey!

can I read that paper, after someone has finished with theirs?

Ty

_________
my regime

tepid water (topical)
salt (2 x daily)
hand wringing (1 hour)

will this work?