Does curcumin plus resveratol work

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to replicate the effect here:

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/d ... =ALL:(TRPV)&maxRec=207

If link does not come up, the Doctor id is WO2006087759 and search for WIPO INT, resveratol and curcumin

But no luck yet - been on it for a couple of weeks, didnt notice anything re: hair shedding or reduction of male pattern baldness itch.

The treatment is linked to prostate function and PSA. Same as with proscar so theoretically, it should be one and the same thing. I have been using 40 mg Resveratol and around 200-400 Mg curcumin (not the extract but the powdered herb itself). The reasons for reducing curcumin dosage is fairly simple. It can cause acidity.

The treatment apparently consisted of

In detail the composition was composed of:
- Rosa canina (titrated dried extract) 10%, natural vitamin C 150.00 mg., synthetic vitamin C 15.00;
- Curcuma (titrated dried extract) 95%, Curcumin20.60; synthetic Curcumin 20.00 mg
- Poligonum cuspidatum (titrated dried extract) 98%; resveratrol 5.10 mg.; Synthetic resveratrol 5.00 mg
- Wheat germ oil 60.00 mg, capsicum (titrated dried extract)
60% in capsaicin 5.00 mg; synthetic capsaicin 3.00 mg.

The dosage of 2-4 capsules a day. The hair loss effect was apparently due to curcumin and resveratol according to the authors in the study. The rest they added to enhance it.

WO@@@IT2006000093@@@IT2006000093@@@7856353@@@imgf000009_0001.gif

Has anyone tried anything similar?

How long does it take propecia to normally act?

If we use that as a baseline - how long before results become evident?

Has anybody tried stuff like this? On googling and asking around - a gentleman "The Natural" has seen success with a similar regimen but he seems to be the only one? Anyone else?

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
im in exactly the same boat, im thinking about trying it, how many mg of curmin and resveratrol where used? I dont wanna damage my young blody

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
A daily dosage of four Capsures capsules contains:

1. 600 mg. of vitamin C
2. 600 mg. of wheat germ (vitamin E source)
3. 80 mg. of curcumin
4. 40 mg. of resveratrol
5. 50 mg. of capsaicin

Point is the 80mg of curcumin and 40 mg of resveratrol were what were originally cited to work.

You have a very valid point about not damaging your body. Take less to begin with and only taper up once you are sure its not hurting you. Best of luck!

Googling provided this in case you want to explore further references:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t310 ... -questions

K

kehcorpz

Save yourself the money as bioavailability of resveratrol in humans is extremely low you would have to take insane amounts and risk stress on kidneys to get any action.

High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans.

Walle T, Hsieh F, DeLegge MH, Oatis JE Jr, Walle UK.

Source

Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA. wallet@musc.edu

Abstract

The dietary polyphenol resveratrol has been shown to have chemopreventive activity against cardiovascular disease and a variety of cancers in model systems, but it is not clear whether the drug reaches the proposed sites of action in vivo after oral ingestion, especially in humans. In this study, we examined the absorption, bioavailability, and metabolism of 14C-resveratrol after oral and i.v. doses in six human volunteers. The absorption of a dietary relevant 25-mg oral dose was at least 70%, with peak plasma levels of resveratrol and metabolites of 491 +/- 90 ng/ml (about 2 microM) and a plasma half-life of 9.2 +/- 0.6 h. However, only trace amounts of unchanged resveratrol (<5 ng/ml) could be detected in plasma. Most of the oral dose was recovered in urine, and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis identified three metabolic pathways, i.e., sulfate and glucuronic acid conjugation of the phenolic groups and, interestingly, hydrogenation of the aliphatic double bond, the latter likely produced by the intestinal microflora. Extremely rapid sulfate conjugation by the intestine/liver appears to be the rate-limiting step in resveratrol's bioavailability. Although the systemic bioavailability of resveratrol is very low, accumulation of resveratrol in epithelial cells along the aerodigestive tract and potentially active resveratrol metabolites may still produce cancer-preventive and other effects.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but even the small amounts + curcumin were supposed to be working with the resveratol somehow getting the curcumin active..

BTW, what do you think of curcumin+garlic? Could that work? There is a guy called Natural praising it.

Will it react with minoxidil?

A site says Garlic is a + for Heart Disease, keeping LV mass low, which may counteract effect of minoxidil.

K

kehcorpz

Sorry, natural stuff just does not work. I tried it all. I was on a heavy mega dose regimen of beta-sitosterol, curcumin, resveratrol, green tea extract, cayenne, you name it. The resveratrol I got was Rev-z from biotest which is super concentrated. None of this stuff works, it wasn't till I started propecia that I started getting results.

It's all been tried, you are just postponing it further by not going on a proven remedy. If this stuff worked do you think there would be so many people without hair and they are somehow the only ones who haven't stumbled upon this hidden secret? The only way natural may help is if you are getting hairloss due to some deficiency, but it will not help male pattern baldness.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
kehcorpz said:
Sorry, natural stuff just does not work. I tried it all. I was on a heavy mega dose regimen of beta-sitosterol, curcumin, resveratrol, green tea extract, cayenne, you name it. The resveratrol I got was Rev-z from biotest which is super concentrated. None of this stuff works, it wasn't till I started propecia that I started getting results.

It's all been tried, you are just postponing it further by not going on a proven remedy. If this stuff worked do you think there would be so many people without hair and they are somehow the only ones who haven't stumbled upon this hidden secret? The only way natural may help is if you are getting hairloss due to some deficiency, but it will not help male pattern baldness.

This is the truth right here, whether you choose to believe it or not. Now, watch as a certain somebody comes into this thread and starts attacking your post and character, I'm naming no names, but it'll happen sooner or later.

Born4Hair

Reaction score
You can look for NRF 2 Activator products. I will activate some Gens where rise up Glutathoine Level.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The reason none of those natural supplements stopped your hair loss is that none of them actually make significant changes to lower androgen levels or stop androgens from affecting hair follicles. The funny thing is a lot of those things like green tea and so on all have very small studies showing they could work to change androgen levels making you wonder if those companies actually influence research results in the same way many claim big pharma does for their studies. Who really knows I guess but maybe it goes both ways

rudimentary

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Aks20.

I've tried Curcumin and Resveratrol before. Nothing happened. I don't really believe in Supplements for hair loss (personally).

Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.