Does Anyone Else Here Play Video Games?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Basically everything and anything video games! What are you currently playing? What console do you have? What's your favourite game genres? What's your favourite game of all time?

I currently have a PS4 and am still working my way through Fallout 4 (it's just too big). I like a good action adventure, survival horror and strategy games. I've actually been playing games since the 16 Bit era and also have bit of a soft spot for retro games (especially old school platformers and beat em ups). If I had to pick a favourite game of all time I'd chose Metal Gear Solid. That will do to start!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
The last game I played through was RE7 on my VR and its amazing. Im about half through the second playthrough but just have no time. If you have a PS4 invest in the VR. Its 110% worth it. You dont even need a gaming TV with that, I have not turned on my 65" LCD since I bought the thing. The sound is amazing and even non VR games are just better.
Also if you like streaming/broadcasting which I do, its makes that much better. I was always annoyed when broadcasting that the screen got shifted and smaller cause of the chat window. Its barely noticeable in VR. Some games get frustrating in non VR tho as the screen tends to shift a bit. Ive only really noticed this on the Dishonored 2 demo they released but it causes you to have to recenter the screen alot. Its not hard (just hold down option) but it just get irritating.

right now Im waiting for mordor 2, that game looks amazing.

On my 3ds I was quite addicted to shovel knight for a while, very fun little platformer.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The last game I played through was RE7 on my VR and its amazing. Im about half through the second playthrough but just have no time. If you have a PS4 invest in the VR. Its 110% worth it. You dont even need a gaming TV with that, I have not turned on my 65" LCD since I bought the thing. The sound is amazing and even non VR games are just better.
Also if you like streaming/broadcasting which I do, its makes that much better. I was always annoyed when broadcasting that the screen got shifted and smaller cause of the chat window. Its barely noticeable in VR. Some games get frustrating in non VR tho as the screen tends to shift a bit. Ive only really noticed this on the Dishonored 2 demo they released but it causes you to have to recenter the screen alot. Its not hard (just hold down option) but it just get irritating.

right now Im waiting for mordor 2, that game looks amazing.

On my 3ds I was quite addicted to shovel knight for a while, very fun little platformer.

Yeah, RE7 is on my list. I've heard it's a proper return to form for the series.
I'm sure the VR is amazing but do you think ther's enough must play VR games yet to justify the price?

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another fossil here :p

Currently none ''gaming'', but(!):

Although, I have to say that atm in life (very busy) I'm using *gaming* as a form of motivation where I get to play videogames during Christmas & New Year holidays if I succeed at everything that I plan on doing.

Earlier I've played Elder Scrolls(Oblivion), Age of Empires(series), Call of Duty(series) and Football Manager(series).

My favourite all time is probably Football Manager and Age of Empires (I'm very loyal to series).

I only play PC games (duuhhh!), with proper graphics and fps.

Ah, the good'ol days of gaming :)

Edit:

Honorable mentions: Half-Life, DeusEx and Grand Theft Auto(series)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Although, I have to say that atm in life (very busy) I'm using *gaming* as a form of motivation where I get to play videogames during Christmas & New Year holidays if I succeed at everything that I plan on doing.

Earlier I've played Elder Scrolls(Oblivion), Age of Empires(series), Call of Duty(series) and Football Manager(series).

My favourite all time is probably Football Manager and Age of Empires (I'm very loyal to series).

I played Age of Empires II: Age of Kings and Age of Conquerors very extensively online. Those were terrific games with a lot of strategic depth ... since I was 17, 18, 19 at the time I had enough free time to practice, practice, and practice some more, I converged to being an elite player and to developing strategies that were widely adopted and discussed by the community. Mrfixitonline.com and AOK Heaven were the first only communities I ever participated in.

Age of Empire IV is in development. I have no idea if it will be as good. I just know that should I buy it I will not have enough time to become an expert, I'll cruise to the equivalent of a ~1550 rating and be regularly crushed by 12-year olds who will promptly dismiss me as a f*****g rook.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I played Age of Empires II: Age of Kings and Age of Conquerors very extensively online. Those were terrific games with a lot of strategic depth ... since I was 17, 18, 19 at the time I had enough free time to practice, practice, and practice some more, I converged to being an elite player and to developing strategies that were widely adopted and discussed by the community. Mrfixitonline.com and AOK Heaven were the first only communities I ever participated in.

Age of Empire IV is in development. I have no idea if it will be as good. I just know that should I buy it I will not have enough time to become an expert, I'll cruise to the equivalent of a ~1550 rating and be regularly crushed by 12-year olds who will promptly dismiss me as a f*****g rook.

Get outta here, man! :p Are you even serious? That could easily be me who had written that post.

I never participated in online games, but very extensively on LAN-parties. Do you remember when the ''The Conquerors'' extension pack came and one could make the farming (food) more automatic. Ah... those games were revolutionary in absolutely everything in the strategic genre.

I don't think I ever became that good, but I remember I was the player to have on the team in my local circles.

I know about 4th installment, but sadly, like yourself I wouldn't have time to master it like it deserves to be mastered. :)

Edit: My favourite ''nation'' to play with (most developed strategy) were the Tuetons, as I often preferred a long-termed strategy as in not focusing on early attack

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get outta here, man! :p Are you even serious? That could easily be me who had written that post.

I never participated in online games, but very extensively on LAN-parties. Do you remember when the ''The Conquerors'' extension pack came and one could make the farming (food) more automatic. Ah... those games were revolutionary in absolutely everything in the strategic genre.

I don't think I ever became that good, but I remember I was the player to have on the team in my local circles.

I know about 4th installment, but sadly, like yourself I wouldn't have time to master it like it deserves to be mastered. :)

Edit: My favourite ''nation'' to play with (most developed strategy) were the Tuetons, as I often preferred a long-termed strategy as in not focusing on early attack

The Teutons were actually banned in online RM games, as the town center rush was overpowering.

I mostly played deathmatch.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Teutons were actually banned in online RM games, as the town center rush was overpowering.

I mostly played deathmatch.

That makes sense (Teutons were banned). Always felt Teutons were somehow superior made.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old fossil here. I want to buy an SNES Classic.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that mate. I grew up in the 16 Bit era, both the Megadrive and the SNES were classic consoles and it was a great era for video games.

Edit:

Honorable mentions: Half-Life, DeusEx and Grand Theft Auto(series)

I'm starting to feel a bit that way these days. Games such as Fallout and Elder Scrolls are great but just too time consuming.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I play about 2 hours of chess a day. It is like a form of meditation for me. I am addicted.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stopped playing video games ever since a study came out that said playing video games raises DHT and increases hairloss.

Stop before it's too late brahs.

So playing video games as well as drinking alcohol and cracking one off all cause hair loss???!!! I'll have no hobbies left. ;)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, RE7 is on my list. I've heard it's a proper return to form for the series.
I'm sure the VR is amazing but do you think ther's enough must play VR games yet to justify the price?

I actually use it as my screen to play pretty much everything. I just downloaded the free VR mech rigs games and its pretty awesome. Depends on how sick you get as well I guess. I can play for hours, I have a buddy who gets sick after like 15 minutes.