does any1 understand...

G

I missed school today cause I was taking with my friend Ryan (My sisters old boyfriend that lived with us for 3 years) on aim for the first time in like 6 months. He moved down 2 LA and is living it up. He was really like an older brother 2 me and I miss him a lot. We even talked about hairloss cause he is just starting 2 recede. Which sucks for him cause he is a good looking guy and gets a ton of chicks.

Anyways, i talked 2 him so long i went 2 bed helluv late and couldnt get up for school. Then I hear my dad on the phone with my school. I didnt care really even if he didnt excuse my cut. But I heard him say "My son missed school cause off his hairloss" I was immediatley pissed off and was in shock he said that. Then he says "Please let me speak with carol" my first peroid teacher. He then tells her about my hairloss and how I am depressed about it and so on. Then he talks 2 my other 3rd peroid teacher about my hairloss. He told them that I cry about hairloss and that im depressed which is not true.

Normally I wouldnt care what a teacher would think but these where teachers I was actually close with. I mean i feel so betrayed right now. I am not talking 2 my dad for at least 2 months for this. Now when i have these teachers im gunna feel so wierd cause of this and acward.

Then I remember the very FIRST DAY I NOTICED MY HAIRLOSS the next day i was so depressed. I really wanted 2 die that day i have never been so depressed in my life. I missed school the next day and told my dad i missed school cause I was depressed about my hairloss. He then starts mocking me and says"ooooohhhhhh, your depressed about your Haaaiiiirrrr looooosssss" and makes it seem like I was a complete punk for missing school. Plus i missed like 1 day of school i have good attendance. I mean i dont think any1 really grasps what its like 2 be losing so young.

I am really extra pissed about this because I did not miss school cause I was depressed about my hairloss. I was just tired and we had a assembly day 2day so it didnt matter. Im really pissed cause this is a sensitive issue for me and he is just blabbering it out 2 people and acts like im completley out of line for caring about hairloss.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
you know that soap opera, Days of Our Lives?

YoungGuy17, is there any way you can get the theme song from Days of Our Lives to play in the background while we read your post again?

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
you know that soap opera, Days of Our Lives?

YoungGuy17, is there any way you can get the theme song from Days of Our Lives to play in the background while we read your post again?

As funny as that might be, lol, I can completely understand where YoungGUY is coming from. I started losing my hair when I was 18 and it really sucks. When you're out with your friends and you meet girls, no one wants to hook up with the balding guy.
I mean im a pretty outgoing guy and like to have fun, but when I started losing my hair, i just clamed up and didnt speak out much. I avoided girls and was always affraid that someone would ask me if i was losing my hair. Im really happy about this site and its support. The big 3 has really really helped me.

Redbone

Reaction score
Younguy why dont you put a shitload of exlax in your dads coffee so he shits his pants on the way to work. Then you would both be equally embarassed.

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow.... YounGuy17.... that sounds like the most horrid story... seriously if someone did that to me, and I had a gun... I would kill myself... but then again... I am very suicidal as it is... or atleast I used to be... and then I was again after I broke up with my ex of 1 year 7 months. ANYWAY..... my comment is this..... I never really had any experience with girls until I was about 18.... I think I noticed my hairloss at about 16 or 17.... anyway..... I've been with a lot of women since I got out of highschool.... not as many as I make it sound, but enough to please me.

So my point is this, even though I was balding so young..... I am now 23.... (I have a haircut that hides my balding very well) I think only other balding people will notice that I am balding and other people who are stare too much... if anything this has been a kick in the *** for me.... to get my butt in gear and get out there and meet many women.... and now that I'm on propecia I hope that I can keep it up and not have to worry.

Those are my words to you.

dave01_us

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all LOL @ Redbone...younguy i can understand your situation that would be embarrassing,hopefully none of your teachers are pricks and wont mention anything to the rest of the class.I'm not real sure of your hairloss situation,but have you ever tried Toppik to hid your thinning areas?

Japanbound

Reaction score
I completely understand. People who don't have hairloss or didn't experience it at a young age, simply will never understand. Sure people get singled out and made fun of everyday in school, but not for this. This is still rare, and when it happens, the cruelity begins. My family, just makes fun of it, or says why do you care so much, you're not defined by this etc.. well, sorry but that's all bullshit. If you find that special hot spot with people, rather it's weight or how much money they make or anything else, they will feel the EXACT same way. We are at a disadvantage, because it's so obvious.

dave01_us

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all LOL @ Redbone...younguy i can understand your situation that would be embarrassing,hopefully none of your teachers are pricks and wont mention anything to the rest of the class.I'm not real sure of your hairloss situation,but have you ever tried Toppik to hid your thinning areas?