Do You Hide Concealer Use From Girlfriend?

Baldone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty much bald but with vellus hairs so Toppiks concealer works well to give me the appearance of almost a full head of hair. I hadn't dated since my hair loss due to the lack of self esteem it brings and we all know how women don't like bald guys.

I was thinking of dating but also think it wouldn't be right to get a woman interested and then have to reveal I'm actually a bald guy. Just seems dishonest and cruel to lead them on and pretend to be something I am not.

So my question to guys who use concealers, how do you deal with dating? Do you have a girlfriend and does she know about your use of concealers? It seems like a double whammy. First you are bald and second you are insecure about it. If the first one doesn't kill her desire and interest surely the second one would.

Thoughts?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why I would never use concealers. It would feel like you're tricking a girl. That's why I personally go by a "You get what you see" attitude when it comes to hair. Much more sincere that way and that also increases your chances of finding someone who won't mind the baldness.
Unless my girlfriend ever suggested it, that is the only time I'd ever even remotely consider a concealer.
I'd shave it all off before I'd use a concealer.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly why I would never use concealers. It would feel like you're tricking a girl. That's why I personally go by a "You get what you see" attitude when it comes to hair. Much more sincere that way and that also increases your chances of finding someone who won't mind the baldness.
Unless my girlfriend ever suggested it, that is the only time I'd ever even remotely consider a concealer.
I'd shave it all off before I'd use a concealer.

Too bad then, that women don't follow this same attitude. Instead you usually only see what you actually get the morning after. Or after a few weeks of living with her...

Why do women get a free pass with tricking us, but we don't get to do the same?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
Too bad then, that women don't follow this same attitude. Instead you usually only see what you actually get the morning after. Or after a few weeks of living with her...

Why do women get a free pass with tricking us, but we don't get to do the same?

The unfortunate social norms. It really is bullsh*t, I agree. I tend to respect and go with the kind of girls who aren't afraid to be themselves and go out without makeup. Much more down to earth usually.

Men should be able to use concealer products and have it be looked at as the same level with women and makeup, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Reaction score
Why do you have to say anything about it? I didn't mention anything to my gf after getting it and it's weird that she hasn't said anything

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just use it and don't bring it up.

If you start seeing her long term and things get serious, don't keep going out of your way to hide your use of it from her, but still don't bring it up in conversation. Let her figure it out on her own. Best to make it look like it's a non-issue to you, something you don't think of as being out of the ordinary. Keep applying it with the door closed though, lol. That's an image she doesn't need to see, even if she knows you're using it.

Being lonely get old. If you have the opportunity to spend time with a nice lady you're attracted to, take it. She may or may not leave you for your hairloss eventually, but I've found even temporary companionship to be worth the pain of the breakup (some might disagree with me).

baldkarma79

Reaction score
I don't share it with my girlfriends. even though they pile on the makeup and hair extensions. they are superficial b****s. don't give them the ammo

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I use toppik sometimes. Usually around the hairline and crown. Just for a bit of a confidence boost.

I hide it from my girlfriend.

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Girls are walking incarnations of lies. They smear their face and hair with lies, their words with lies, and just about everything else. So, for anyone who is unsure about this, go ahead and hide whatever you want from your girlfriend.