Do you avoid going to the beach because of hairloss?

Descending Dog

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any other activities you avoid?

I don't go the beach or pool because of a combination of suboptimal looks and refusing to expose all my frauds so it's not trully just hairloss.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
No.. my hair looks awfully thin when it's wet but I don't let that rule my life, f*** it. If someone has a problem they can look the other way. ;)

Last edited:

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I keep my hat on at the beach. That means that I can't go too deep into the sea. and if I went swimming in a pool, I would always wear a swimming cap. I was just thinking about this and it seems like rollercoasters and rides in theme parks are out of bounds for hat prisoners because I guess that you can't wear a hat on a ride that goes upside down.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course not. It might wash out my topical minoxidil and my additional topical of RU, Alpha estradiol, zinc, emu oil, and 12 different specially selected prostaglandins.

Eh, not really but when I first started minoxidil, I might wait a couple of hours before I swam. But Janey says, never, ever, turn down a chance to go skinny dipping with a bunch of hot, drunk girls, meds in your hair or no meds. Skinny dip first, then worry about your hair. If you go completely bald, you will be skinny dipping alone for the rest of your life so waste no valuable naked experiences. But tossing the football on the beach for four hours? Eh, I can do without that.

People wear hats at the beach anyway nowadays, don't they?

fauxhawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Love the beach but not the sun, it would of been a problem for me when i used to to do the side bang cover up tactic. Wind was your number one enemy, and caps can be annoyance to wear all of the time.
Shaved head is freedom bruh, but each to his own I guess

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Love the beach but not the sun, it would of been a problem for me when i used to to do the side bang cover up tactic. Wind was your number one enemy, and caps can be annoyance to wear all of the time.
Shaved head is freedom bruh, but each to his own I guess
That's what I miss the most is longish hair blowing in the breeze without immediately thinking, "I forgot my comb". Wind becomes your enemy in general. When a person gets to this point like in the pic below, the lack of neatness compared to being shaved or bald is a big factor. I would get to court and look like hell if there was any wind at all. Many of the remaining hairs are deformed or frizzy or unruly and won't lie straight. Still much better than being "bald" or being referred to as "the bald guy" admittedly but between the relentless grooming and twice a day showers due to greasiness and the constant dermatitis and it was more than I could handle physically.

Attachments

• Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

fauxhawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I miss the most is longish hair blowing in the breeze without immediately thinking, "I forgot my comb". Wind becomes your enemy in general. When a person gets to this point like in the pic below, the lack of neatness compared to being shaved or bald is a big factor. I would get to court and look like hell if there was any wind at all. Many of the remaining hairs are deformed or frizzy or unruly and won't lie straight. Still most better than being "bald" or being referred to as "the bald guy" admittedly but between the relentless grooming and twice a day showers due to greasiness and the constant dermatitis and it was more than I could handle physically.
Interesting is that you in the picture? So I take it your wearing wig now whilst you regrow your hair on your regime?

An I agree yeah when someones hair gets to the point you are obviously covering your bald area it doesn't look neat or a attractive sight anymore. Only a hairtransplant an whole lot of meds will help then, or just shaving it off will make your face and head much more uniform.
I also used to work for my uncles attorney practice an appearance mattered alot, I grew my hair in an attempt to cover my balding shame. Looking back it looked pretty stupid, that I was in obvious denial lol.
IMG_20210803_101935.jpg

After shaving my hair I look an feel much more masculine

BurningCoals

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting is that you in the picture? So I take it your wearing wig now whilst you regrow your hair on your regime?

An I agree yeah when someones hair gets to the point you are obviously covering your bald area it doesn't look neat or a attractive sight anymore. Only a hairtransplant an whole lot of meds will help then, or just shaving it off will make your face and head much more uniform.
I also used to work for my uncles attorney practice an appearance mattered alot, I grew my hair in an attempt to cover my balding shame. Looking back it looked pretty stupid, that I was in obvious denial lol.
View attachment 166766
That really doesn’t look bad, most people would look at that and call that a full head of hair I think. Although there is the wind and lighting though, so there are those hassles.

I just look like Jack Torrance if I grow my hair out like that :(

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahhh, the beach. A combination of water and wind is not good for hair loss guy.
But I do love the beach. There's nothing like going to a place where there are many half naked ladies lounging about.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 166766
Yes. I had a shed to baldness when I first started on high-dose spironolactone so I hid under a wig while I recovered hopefully. Sheds tend to actually be good things so I recommend a back-up plan like going to a crew cut for a while or systems but wigs are low maintenance and you can get a long look and some times a much different look. I look much older with the wig on which I am wearing less and less. That's me in the wig 18 months ago when I decided to go all in for complete hair restoration since my lower dosages weren't having enough effect and certainly not fast enough. The pics are in order of progression and the last four date since last March of 2020. The original thought was to look something like the second pic but with my own hair but the amounts needed for restoration are feminizing and along with beard removal, youth-enhancing for many older balding guys using HRT. You pretty much seem to have to go all in with HRT but probably most guys would be happy with pic three at the age of 56, which I now am.

Attachments

• Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 22
  • aw.jpg
    aw.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3100.jpeg
    IMG_3100.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4497.jpeg
    IMG_4497.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That really doesn’t look bad, most people would look at that and call that a full head of hair I think. Although there is the wind and lighting though, so there are those hassles.

I just look like Jack Torrance if I grow my hair out like that :(
Great reference! I just told my mother the same thing who is lackluster about my being on HRT. I was like, well, I could just go off my meds and come back saying "Here's Will!" and bash down the door in a T-fueled rage but I prefer to have hair and look, well, less disheveled and out of sorts.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great reference! I just told my mother the same thing who is lackluster about my being on HRT. I was like, well, I could just go off my meds and come back saying "Here's Will!" and bash down the door in a T-fueled rage but I prefer to have hair and look, well, less disheveled and out of sorts.

Butterbean Head

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I had a shed to baldness when I first started on high-dose spironolactone so I hid under a wig while I recovered hopefully. Sheds tend to actually be good things so I recommend a back-up plan like going to a crew cut for a while or systems but wigs are low maintenance and you can get a long look and some times a much different look. I look much older with the wig on which I am wearing less and less. That's me in the wig 18 months ago when I decided to go all in for complete hair restoration since my lower dosages weren't having enough effect and certainly not fast enough. The pics are in order of progression and the last four date since last March of 2020. The original thought was to look something like the second pic but with my own hair but the amounts needed for restoration are feminizing and along with beard removal, youth-enhancing for many older balding guys using HRT. You pretty much seem to have to go all in with HRT but probably most guys would be happy with pic three at the age of 56, which I now am.

View attachment 166766
Based on this pic Janey, I would be the one f*****g in our relationship.

Do you yearn for a hairy scary bald monster by any chance.......

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on this pic Janey, I would be the one f*****g in our relationship.

Do you yearn for a hairy scary bald monster by any chance.......
I am no top but it's never seemed to be an issue for me in terms of partners. Here's a pic just for you, of me preening and looking upwards at all of 170 cm. Estrogen is fun, not rage-fueled and you tend to actually look to be around nice people, without regards so much as to who does whom. To whom much is given by Goddess, however, much is expected and I just feel sorry for the XY's that I left behind so I come on here to try to help them with spirit, verve and humor but my feelings get hurt much more easily now, so be nice Mr. Bean or I just withdraw, at least for a while.

1628015941404.png

Butterbean Head

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am no top but it's never seemed to be an issue for me in terms of partners. Here's a pic just for you, of me preening and looking upwards at all of 170 cm. Estrogen is fun, not rage-fueled and you tend to actually look to be around nice people, without regards so much as to who does whom. To whom much is given by Goddess, however, much is expected and I just feel sorry for the XY's that I left behind so I come on here to try to help them with spirit, verve and humor but my feelings get hurt much more easily now, so be nice Mr. Bean or I just withdraw, at least for a while.

View attachment 166808
Excuse my British sardonic humoUr.

Yes, that bloody Testosterone always gives me a bone
It's a nuisance as I'm always alone......

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 bastard weeks it's been since little butterbean head has been venus-fly trapped inside a wet pouch......Ouch!
And I gave it all up because of psychologically-driven lack of self-worth. Twelve weeks without is not bad at all, by the way. When I first noticed balding at 20, it took me a long, long time to "nail" my second partner if you call being on the bottom and holding on for dear life, nailing somebody. Big strong guys can always get laid if they bother to shower and groom and drop constant jokes around drunk females in bars about how hung they are. Yeah, they find you disgusting as soon as they leave estrus but that's but a minor detail. Never heard of having sex with the same girl twice unless I was going to marry her and then I was too intimidated to approach her.

I fundamentally view sex still as a top/bottom driven process and it's very hard to have any sort of versatile relationship between men and women or even men and men. Otherwise, the sex part gets boring. The cuddling and being held part are stereotypical estrogen side effects and eh, pretty much true. The relationship matters more than the sex but without some sort of sexual dynamic that both partners find intriguing, it's ultimately unfulfilling and yes, impossible when someone like me loses their looks seemingly overnight after being the more attractive partner--not that she wasn't beautiful--at least in a relative sense. It didn't help when she got an amazing job allowing/requiring me to stay home with all of the children she found taxing and distressful until the divorce when she decided to claim that she had always wanted me to be less lazy and support her.

If half of this site is now about the mentality of baldness and not the science per se then as long as things are not too gloomy and hateful, I am willing to share tongue-in-cheek some of my own possible excesses in terms of being focused on vanity and my looks to the point where I couldn't cope anymore, not looking that way, not so young, at only 50. I plan to live to 110 so I need something that works to propel my self-esteem and desire to be around others. I have 18 year old boys at the check-out counter complementing me on my plaid skirt ensembles and yes, I appreciate that people seem to want to interact with Janey, me, as opposed to the scowl-laden, angry old man who literally had everything to live for and threw it all away.

Be careful what one wishes for I always say but generally what we wish for is what we need. Improving hair loss in a cosmetically significant way, is the main hope for many of the self-described "incels" on here although I didn't know that word even when I signed on in October basically saying, "Hey everybody. You are all doing this, HRT, wrong". The experimental guys all complained so I started my own thread and started posting pics at regular intervals and answering MtF questions on reddit and that gave me fulfillment during the mad plague where I occupy a four-bedroom home alone waiting and hoping for my custody case to terminate. Male or female; if the hair restoration thing happens and that is so very rare without estrogen, yes, it is mind-blowing and no, it won't wear off, the thrill of it, I mean. I am in there brushing my hair five times a day and I can't wait to wake up in the morning, take my oral minoxidil dose and see how much I improved overnight. Those are the results I am encountering and yes, Janey's a bit giddy from the estrogen but especially from all of the hair coming in. I obviously love to write and I try to be amusing so everything I say that is disparaging is only from the point of view of someone who hit rock bottom and neither drugs nor alcohol were implicated, the pic to the bottom be damned." It wasn't the cannabis, honey. It was the hair loss".

Attachments

• boredjunkies.jpg
    boredjunkies.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Butterbean Head

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I gave it all up because of psychologically-driven lack of self-worth. Twelve weeks without is not bad at all, by the way. When I first noticed balding at 20, it took me a long, long time to "nail" my second partner if you call being on the bottom and holding on for dear life, nailing somebody. Big strong guys can always get laid if they bother to shower and groom and drop constant jokes around drunk females in bars about how hung they are. Yeah, they find you disgusting as soon as they leave estrus but that's but a minor detail. Never heard of having sex with the same girl twice unless I was going to marry her and then I was too intimidated to approach her.

I fundamentally view sex still as a top/bottom driven process and it's very hard to have any sort of versatile relationship between men and women or even men and men. Otherwise, the sex part gets boring. The cuddling and being held part are stereotypical estrogen side effects and eh, pretty much true. The relationship matters more than the sex but without some sort of sexual dynamic that both partners find intriguing, it's ultimately unfulfilling and yes, impossible when someone like me loses their looks seemingly overnight after being the more attractive partner--not that she wasn't beautiful--at least in a relative sense. It didn't help when she got an amazing job allowing/requiring me to stay home with all of the children she found taxing and distressful until the divorce when she decided to claim that she had always wanted me to be less lazy and support her.

If half of this site is now about the mentality of baldness and not the science per se then as long as things are not too gloomy and hateful, I am willing to share tongue-in-cheek some of my own possible excesses in terms of being focused on vanity and my looks to the point where I couldn't cope anymore, not looking that way, not so young, at only 50. I plan to live to 110 so I need something that works to propel my self-esteem and desire to be around others. I have 18 year old boys at the check-out counter complementing me on my plaid skirt ensembles and yes, I appreciate that people seem to want to interact with Janey, me, as opposed to the scowl-laden, angry old man who literally had everything to live for and threw it all away.

Be careful what one wishes for I always say but generally what we wish for is what we need. Improving hair loss in a cosmetically significant way, is the main hope for many of the self-described "incels" on here although I didn't know that word even when I signed on in October basically saying, "Hey everybody. You are all doing this, HRT, wrong". The experimental guys all complained so I started my own thread and started posting pics at regular intervals and answering MtF questions on reddit and that gave me fulfillment during the mad plague where I occupy a four-bedroom home alone waiting and hoping for my custody case to terminate. Male or female; if the hair restoration thing happens and that is so very rare without estrogen, yes, it is mind-blowing and no, it won't wear off, the thrill of it, I mean. I am in there brushing my hair five times a day and I can't wait to wake up in the morning, take my oral minoxidil dose and see how much I improved overnight. Those are the results I am encountering and yes, Janey's a bit giddy from the estrogen but especially from all of the hair coming in. I obviously love to write and I try to be amusing so everything I say that is disparaging is only from the point of view of someone who hit rock bottom and neither drugs nor alcohol were implicated, the pic to the bottom be damned." It wasn't the cannabis, honey. It was the hair loss".

Appreciate the long posts, I'm a fumbling writer myself. Well, more self-deprecating poetry. Tis the Irish in me.

We are too damaged here to be other than reaching the middle of the barrel.

Mediocrity is king however, so there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.....or just some full-haired c*** on a bike.