Do side effects go away after quitting?

Petchsky

Reaction score
After 14 months on finasteride I want to quit because my hair isn't better, my face looks like it aged 5 years, and my libido aged 30 years.
Has anyone quit and these kinds of sides go away?
I ask because I've read about people that quit, and the sides still didn't go away.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Your libido will probably bounce back, but if what you said about your face is true, I can't see how i would improve without plastic surgery.

Proteous

Reaction score
sandshark said:
After 14 months on finasteride I want to quit because my hair isn't better, my face looks like it aged 5 years, and my libido aged 30 years.
I ask because I've read about people that quit, and the sides still didn't go away.
Just out or curiosity, exactly how does your face look older than it did 14 months ago?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Don't know how to d escribe it but it shows a lot in comparing pictures from just before I started and now. My girlfriend had even noticed it.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Care to share pictures? I've heard of this before but never seen anyone prove it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Got pics but don't want to post pics of my face in here. It basically just got all over kinda puffy and droopy looking. Hoping it's going to go away now since I quit finasteride today.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Mine did. I had watery semen and a little weight gain. Semen is thick now and flabbiness is on the decline. Been about 3 months off of finasteride. now.

Btw, I started using 0.025 percent homemade finasteride. cream, with 3 percent spironolactone. mixed in, and semen is still thick. Not watery.

Does that mean topical finasteride. is helping while not being systemcally absorbed? I have no idea.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
How did you make the finasteride solutions? Dermovan?

No, but Dermovan is good stuff. Just use that, you'll be fine. I repeat, it's good stuff!

Hair Gnome

Reaction score
sandshark said:

How old are you? It might just be the natural aging process as well.

Is your diet healthy? Do you exercise? Are you under stress at work?

Lots of things can cause what you describe. It very well may be the finasteride, but there are a lot of other causes as well.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've been off it 6 days and can all ready tell a big difference. More energy, mind is sharper and thinking about sex a lot more, which might not be good but I just feel healthier overall.

pbabico

Reaction score
sandshark said:
I've been off it 6 days and can all ready tell a big difference. More energy, mind is sharper and thinking about sex a lot more, which might not be good but I just feel healthier overall.

I too have been off finasteride for a couple weeks now and my life is much better. I felt so sluggish and tired before, now i feel the same as you with more energy all around.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I feel remarkably better, but now somehow I've broke out in hives all over on about day 10 off finasteride. I hope this goes away quck. :-x

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on propecia for about 14 months, been off for about 8 days. Feeling better, waiting for libido and morning wood to return.