Do I really need 5000 grafts? (With pictures)

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I sent online consultation to a clinic in Turkey, led by Dr Koray Erdogan. According to Dr Koray Erdogan, I would need 5000 grafts. He also recommended me to quit minoxidil and start with finasteride.

But 5000 grafts... I'm very confused, how could I really need that much? I only want to fill my temples a bit, and have a bit more density on top of head.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
s.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 818

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
5000 grafts what the hell? I'm not an expert but looks like you would only need 2000-3000 to fill the temples and reinforce the frontal third. 5000 seems way overboard.

eugenix

Reaction score
Hello Friend,

As I saw your pictures and I'm damn sure you don't require 5000 grafts. According to me 2000 grafts are enough for best result. Consult an other hair doctor.

Thanks.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an online consultation with Dr Erdogan too. He quoted me 2600 grafts. I then had a consultation with Dr De Reys in Belgium who quoted me a mere 800 grafts (to restore me to an NW2)... And your hair loss is less severe than mine. Dr Erdogan must want to give you a monkey Norwood-2 hairline or something...

Here's my topic on my Dr Erdogan quote http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94882-Dr-Erdogan-online-consultation

Seems very fishy... You definitely don't need 5000 grafts, that would be reckless tbh, it wouldn't leave enough grafts for later procedures as your hair loss progresses.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
I had an online consultation with Dr Erdogan too. He quoted me 2600 grafts. I then had a consultation with Dr De Reys in Belgium who quoted me a mere 800 grafts (to restore me to an NW2)... And your hair loss is less severe than mine. Dr Erdogan must want to give you a monkey Norwood-2 hairline or something...

Here's my topic on my Dr Erdogan quote http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94882-Dr-Erdogan-online-consultation

Seems very fishy... You definitely don't need 5000 grafts, that would be reckless tbh, it wouldn't leave enough grafts for later procedures as your hair loss progresses.

"monkey Norwood-2 hairline" - Hahaha, made me laugh hard.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard a lot good about Erdogan so I'm surprised that he makes such overestimation. Thank you guys for the answers, will consult another clinic and see what they tell me. I personally thought that 2000 grafts would be fine, would get me to a good-looking NW2, but felt really unsecure after Dr Erdogans consultation.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tell him to fook of and only go for 2K grafts, should be more than enough.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
A question came to my mind, is it really Dr Erdogan that responds on those consultations or is it his staff?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
A question came to my mind, is it really Dr Erdogan that responds on those consultations or is it his staff?

Even 2000 grafts may be a bit much. To restore his hairline to NW2... He's pretty damn close to NW2 already, I'd say 1200-1500 grafts should do the trick... 5000 is just a joke, most people only have 5-8000 grafts total to work with so Erdogan proposes using almost all of them or at least 50% of them to restore an NW2.5 to an NW2? That's just ridiculous...

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Red lights are flashing. If you ask me, they better be counting every single strand in front of you. Listen to your instincts first.

crowngarden

Reaction score
I don't really trust online consultations that much. I wonder if you're communicating with the actual doctor or just a sales rep. People in sales are always going to be thinking about money first.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe they thought you wanted a new beard too. 5000 grafts on your head would probably split hairs, lol.

shookwun

Reaction score
2000 would be enough.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot good about Erdogan so I'm surprised that he makes such overestimation. Thank you guys for the answers, will consult another clinic and see what they tell me. I personally thought that 2000 grafts would be fine, would get me to a good-looking NW2, but felt really unsecure after Dr Erdogans consultation.

I am seriously beginning to think that all transplant doctors intentionally rip off or botch a certain percentage of patients. No one is going to bat 1000 all the time but it is always the same story. You do a bunch of research you pretty much decide on the doctor, and then you find horror stories.

Check out this guy at 9 months who had 2631 grafts at his temples and was worse off than you.

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=1141&forum_id=4

shookwun

Reaction score
As mentioned already to transplant the entire their, and reinforce it would be around 2000 grafts.

If you would like to strengthen your temple point area along with the frontal third then you're looking at around 2250-2500 grafts.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol u sure he didn't mean 500 grafts?

yeah you need 5000 if your goal is to attach your hairline to your eyebrows.

If he really suggests 5000 I'd run from that guy. Also horrible advice to drop minoxidil if you've been on it for a while. I'd use finasteride and minoxidil in combo if anything.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Can someone speak about technical aspects of hair transplant....

like what was their area under bald in cm2..

because my head is not large..

how was area measure..using the triagle area formala for 1/2 x lenght x breath or some other formula..

my own calculations are coming at just 180 cm2..even at nw6..

Wookie82

Reaction score
Why did he say to stop using minoxidil? ;

He also recommended me to quit minoxidil and start with finasteride.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Red lights are flashing. If you ask me, they better be counting every single strand in front of you. Listen to your instincts first.

:agree: I would consult as many respected hair transplant surgeons as you can and get other opinions. 5,000 grafts is ludicrous.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just so Erdogan can flaunt shiny before/after photos with that dense packed hairline (ala Rahal) with little consideration to the patients future donor/graft outlook?