Do hairloss treatments make you feel like an "oddball&q

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes i feel like i'm sorta "fake" or "superficial" knowing that my hair wouldnt really be there if i wasnt on a treatment. Im only 20 so sometimes i feel like i should just be "normal". Its sorta hard to explain but i wonder if anyone else feels this way?

I also never tell anyone about my use of rogaine except my family who knows. Has anyone ever had a friend come over and ask them what that specific thing was in their bathroom etc? Im embarrased for anyone to see my rogaine bottle especially since im so young.

CCS

Reaction score
your teeth would not be there either if they were not on treatment with your tooth brush.

G

just think how much more embarrassed you'd be at your age without hair.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Do hairloss treatments make you feel like an "oddba

Phillip said:
Sometimes i feel like i'm sorta "fake" or "superficial" knowing that my hair wouldnt really be there if i wasnt on a treatment. Im only 20 so sometimes i feel like i should just be "normal". Its sorta hard to explain but i wonder if anyone else feels this way?

I also never tell anyone about my use of rogaine except my family who knows. Has anyone ever had a friend come over and ask them what that specific thing was in their bathroom etc? Im embarrased for anyone to see my rogaine bottle especially since im so young.

I agree, I also think that it adds to why I'll never have a relationship, because I wouldn't want women to know what I had done or what my regimen is. I can totally see a girl saying, "you deceived me, had I known that you'd be bald, I wouldn't have dated you" but would claim "if you were honest about it, and hadn't done anything, then I would have went out with you"

I've posted on craigslists a couple times what I had done, and 10 women responded to the poll, and all of them said they wouldn't date me because of what I had done. They said it means I'm a loser. So a secret it shall remain.

Trebor

Reaction score

recboi said:
I've posted on craigslists a couple times what I had done, and 10 women responded to the poll, and all of them said they wouldn't date me because of what I had done. They said it means I'm a loser. So a secret it shall remain.

There is something seriously wrong with this, and I dont mean the woman, I mean you.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score

Phillip said:

What the hell do these women know? Don't base anything off of that poll. Craigslist is a very usefull tool in many ways; however, it was as if you had set yourself up for your demise. Of course they are going to say they wouldn't date you because you set yourself up to get these responses. I too was balding at a younge age, 18 and still managed to date many beautiful women. You really just need to find your comfort zone and meet women in that fashion. My advice would be not to dwell on that poll and find a hobby, sport, something that you enjoy and meet women through that. Your at a comfortable point and can talk to women who have the same interests.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Phillip said:
Sometimes i feel like i'm sorta "fake" or "superficial" i feel like i should just be "normal". Its sorta hard to explain but i wonder if anyone else feels this way?

I also never tell anyone about my use of rogain Im embarrased for anyone to see my rogaine bottle especially since im so young.

Man I know exactly how you are feeling. I wish that I could just take my hair for granted like everyone else. You wake up and its fine just give it a quick comb and thats it for the day. You think that you've got it bad I'm using concealers and thickening products. Constantly on edge just in case anyone notices my little secret. Things like holidays are made more complicated because of it and how do you go about telling a girl about it?
Mind you I'm sure that most women have their own little secrets as well. They dont even like men to see them without their make up on.
Thats another thing that makes this condition so terrible its bad enough to not look right but also you just dont feel right with nothing on your scalp.

By the way what's this 'craigslists' that you mentioned?

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score

recboi said:
Phillip said:

I agree, I also think that it adds to why I'll never have a relationship, because I wouldn't want women to know what I had done or what my regimen is. I can totally see a girl saying, "you deceived me, had I known that you'd be bald, I wouldn't have dated you" but would claim "if you were honest about it, and hadn't done anything, then I would have went out with you"

Whatever, that's like saying "I wouldn't date that hot guy cause he used to be fat and went on a diet and got exercise!" If they like how he looks they won't care. If someone that is now attractive posts on craigslist "would you date me if you knew I am naturally fat and got my stomach stapled!" he'd probably get negative responses too, but the fact of the matter is if you took it out of that vacuum they wouldn't care. Basically no one would dump you over finding that out, but if you broadcast the fact by going HEY LADIES I SHOULD BE BALD DID YOU KNOW I USE PRODUCTS then it might turn them off in the first place. It's not dishonest, unless you would dump a woman for not telling you she used whitening strips on her teeth.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It is true that whenever people change themselves for the better the old version is soon forgotten. I know a hot m.i.l.f and have found out from her freinds that:
a) she used to be fat
b) She had a nose job when she was about 17.
How do I feel when I see her now?
I'd still give my left nut just to F**k her once!

G

JayMan said:

This is exactly what I don't get. Why should anyone be embarrassed about something that is almost completely out of their control? I'm not the most handsome dude on earth but I have never been embarrassed about the way I look. Maybe I should have?

I see a lot of ppl with great hair with unbelievably odd hairdo's and some of them are also in bad physical shape. I'd rather be fit like I am now and bald as a cucumber (which I'm not just yet) than a fat slob with hair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Embarrassed is the wrong word. Self concious is what I think you meant. Some guys lose their confidence with their hair. Its pretty bad if you are young and you have a problem that none of your peers seem to have. Like it or not society in general sees baldness as a genetic flaw or highly visible imperfection. I'm sure that many fat people feel the same as we do but its easier for them to do something about it.

G

I was born with only 4 working fingers on my right hand, I had 5 but one of them had to be "cut off", so to speak. I am totally used to having a "highly visible imperfection", so probably that's why I don't give a flying f*** if someone gives me the odd looks.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I sometimes do feel strange for the fact i am 19 and I have to go through all this medication just to mantain some of my hair. But its not a big deal really.

recboi said:
The old looks are forgotten. People on polls have some fixed answers to give and the chance to really think about it. If u see a hot looking woman who likes u, you are going for her 100% even if she used to be the fattest and ugliest witch in earth. I take for example my high-school classmates. I remember really really ugly girls at 14 who now are simply beautiful. The last image posted in your brain is the one that counts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This is true I've seen examples of people who changed their looks and gotten a whole new lease of life.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
JayMan said:

This is exactly what I don't get. Why should anyone be embarrassed about something that is almost completely out of their control? I'm not the most handsome dude on earth but I have never been embarrassed about the way I look. Maybe I should have?

GHG,

I think you misunderstood. People shjouldn't have to feel embarrassed about things out of their control, but people are mean, it's the way the world is. So anything someone can do to prevent the embarrassment is a wise decision.