Dissapointing

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmm, so many different people saying different things.

dunno who to beleive, i cant see how it cud only be 20% chance. coz its bound to improve the appearance of hair even if only a bit.

we need sum1 to tell us EXACTLY what the situation is.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree you find some articles talking like its almost a sure thing and then others saying different. They must be fairly certian for the UK to give them 1.86 mil. But if you read the article its scary because it sounds like the 20% number came from the horses mouth. You can see even some of there other products have a 60% possible success rate.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stay positive, facts need to come from Intercytex themselves and we still do not have much of that yet from Phase 2 trials, just seems to be rumours in the main

tylerg6

Reaction score
aren't phase 2 trial insanely expensive? Why would they pay all that money to go into trials with only a 20% chance?

Does everything make it phase 2 and then die out if it doesnt work? Or do only things with a track record to work get shifted into phase 2?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Nick4441, we just have to wait. I'm still expecting it to come out 2009-2010, it's more realistic. By then, I'll hopefully have enough money to pay for it.

xracergs

Reaction score
I read the motley fool all the time when bored at work(i work for a stock broker) . They seem to make alot of mistakes in general. I wouldnt put to much stock(no pun intended) in their advice or research

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 20% figure in the article refers to the amount of hair that you can regrow with ICX-TRC. I think it refers to the chances of an investment being a success.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
News2 said:
I don't think the 20% figure in the article refers to the amount of hair that you can regrow with ICX-TRC. I think it refers to the chances of an investment being a success.

Correct. Context, people :p

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are right it has to do with the investment being a success. I think if there is an 80% chance of it not being a success that is bad.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He's information on saying there is a chance of 20% of it being a success is just as trustworthy as me, saying there is 99% chance of success.

Its just the negativity that makes us consider it.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
They said early 2007, but I also read from Hairsite forums they might be doing a series of Phase II trials so 2009-2011 is more likely (unless a miracle happens)

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
They said early 2007, but I also read from Hairsite forums they might be doing a series of Phase II trials so 2009-2011 is more likely (unless a miracle happens)

Do you think 2009-2011 for it to be released properly or just when phase 2 trials end?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From other sources...earliest is end 2007 in non regulated countries that don't need phase 3. But realistically 2008 is the earliest likely to be available and will as anything start expensive and will be refined as time goes on just like hair transplant was. So let keep optomistic and 2007 we will hear trial results and it will go through appovals for general release 2008.

This is all assuming Phase 2 is successful which apparently is going well...otherwise it could get dealyed until 2009. By 2009/2010 Intercytex will have more competitors working so that good news to speed things up and refine.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Mr Wabbit said:

Do you think 2009-2011 for it to be released properly or just when phase 2 trials end?

For it to be released properly is what I meant. 2008 is possible, but in Britain and not the US. I plan on going to Britain for this.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
If there was a hair treatment this promising that was likely to be available in any country by 2008, I think that the mainstream press would have started buzzing some time ago. But the latest webMD article I can find about it is from 2004 and claims it unviable. Don't get me wrong guys, I want it to work as soon as any of you. Even if topicals and finasteride work out for me, just the fact that it could be a fall back and cure for all the other balders that I feel so much pain would be a complete relief.

But we've got to be reasonable.

What countries don't require phase III?