Diffuse Thinning

Reaction score
I came to the realization a few days ago that I am beginning to thin out all over my head...it just isn't really cosmetically noticable yet because I still have a good amount of hair and because of the way that I wear it. I'm almost afraid to get my hair cut in a month because I'm afraid it will become more noticable. Kind of sucks that my male pattern baldness seems so aggressive at the age of 20, but I guess that's life.

Ive started putting minoxidil in the very front and in the very mid-scalp of my hair, but I realize that there's also a bunch of other little thinning patches around the scalp that I cant easily get to.

My two questions:

1. Other than just going crazy and splashing minoxidil everywhere, is there a standard way for applying minoxidil for diffuse thinners?

2. I'm going to start finasteride within a week (Im already doing minoxidil, l-lysine and nizoral, so I'll officially be doing the big three). Will the finasteride help to thicken up hair significantly? Will it at least keep it as thick as it already is (which is to say, not terribly noticable)?

Thanks

MW