Dermmatch

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Im interested in hearing any feedback people may have on "Dermmatch" (or Dermatch). It's another concealer product similar to Toppik and Couvre' ... any personal experiences and information are welcome. The Dermmatch folks have contacted us and we're interested in hearing from our users on how legit of a product you feel it is.

HairLossTalk.com

sal1

Reaction score
I've used Dermatch for a couple years. Its really easy to put on and it stays on until you wash it out. I've even gone swimming with it on and it stays on. I tried some of the other products, but they were too messy and didnt stay on.

I would say give it a try if you havent yet for sure. A little goes a long way too. One can lasts about 8 months for me.

floatableTR

Reaction score
sal1.. thats sounds intresting.. any more info or feedback on it from you...anyone else ever used it??

sal1

Reaction score
Sure floatable TR. I have dark brown hair and Dermatch dark brown matches perfect. I'm not sure how well the other shades work. But as far as using the product its quick and easy. It comes in a flat container along with several applicators. They're just big Q-tips. If you run out of applicators they send more free.

Its a solid powder. You dab a little water on the applicator an rub a small amount from the container. A little goes a long way. When I first tried it I used way too much. But thats something you figure out after you first use it. Now this stuff stays in and doesnt come off unless you wash it out with shampoo. But you cant use gels or hair spray that has alcohol in it because it will run.

It holds up to sweat and even swimming. I think its a really good product that does what it says. Go to Dermatch. com and check it out. Again I only know about the dark brown. If you get the wrong color they send you another color right away. Delivery is fast. The people who take the orders are very nice and helpful. It lasts a long time too so you get your moneys worth. Its not expensive either. Give it a try. The results they show with the guy on their web site is accurate. I hope this helps.

floatableTR

Reaction score
thaanks for the info sal1 :D

I have 1 more question for you... do you apply it to your scalp, because that is the impression i am getting :?:

sal1

Reaction score
No problem Floatable TR. The answer is yes it goes on the scalp. But you then run a brush or a comb through it right after you apply it. This spreads it to the hair itself as well as the scalp and it gives your hair a much thicker texture. So it ends up on your scalp and your hair. Its pretty cool to be honest. Even after its been on for a long time you can comb or brush your hair without worrying its going to flake or come off. It stays.

I hope that helps you.

floatableTR

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help sal1.. it does help me. I think i will give it a try, I like the idea that it will not flake if it gets brushed later on during the day.

Thanks sal1 :wink:

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
is dermamatch just a fancy eyeshadow? the pictures make it look like that. and what good is darkening your scalp when you have no hair there, is it good for hairlines?

PolarBear

Reaction score
RecedingBoy said:
is dermamatch just a fancy eyeshadow? the pictures make it look like that. and what good is darkening your scalp when you have no hair there, is it good for hairlines?

Dermatch is not any fancy product. It is in fact pretty serious. :wink:

If you want to hide that your hair density is now only 20-30%, then you must definately darken your scalp in order that it doesn't reflect light anymore. It creates an effect of "fuller" head of hair. Of course, you should have something on top to cover that. Dermatch will also thicken existing hair, and the miniaturised ones. It will be still visible towards light that the hair above scalp is thin, but noone will notice except us experts. :) Dermatch works best with longer hair. Also, it really does stay on top, even when sweating. It is pretty good for hairlines, you need to "fade" it gradually from behind hairline toward front. Also, it smells great. It is a quality product, in my opinion.

It could be however hard to incorporate it into daily life, putting/washing it each day... especially if you're using topicals. It is best to use on special occasions, like weddings, reunions :wink: , birthday parties, friday nights etc..

Cheers

A

Administrator

We'll be giving a 40% discount to anyone who can send us some good before and after photos of how their hair looks before and after using Dermmatch. Must be very good quality pictures so people like BruceLee can't claim they're Fake :lol: Only kidding bruce! We need skeptics to keep us in line. Its good for the soul.

If you're interested, and have a killer digital camera or regular camera and dont mind getting the pix developed, please email us at photogallery@hairlosstalk.com

You will receive 40% off your next TWO purchases of Dermmatch. We will be carrying this product in our Online Product Center very soon.

HairLossTalk.com Administration.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
can't help ya there, cheif, but as far as me using toppik, i guarantee i'm the best one on the internet in concealing hairloss with toppik.

If you're ready for that challenge, let me know. With toppik, i can truly make a full head of hair.

Just send me a digital camera and i'll give up the 40% discount on the product. I think its fair. :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
If toppik cost $800 you'd have a deal :)

Since it doesn't send us a disposable cam with pix on it and we'll be set.

Anyone using Dermmatch - or toppik - you're all invited to email us at the above email address and volunteer. There aren't any limits on how many people we can take for this.

HairLossTalk.com

StoneCold316

Reaction score
I have used Dermatch for ahwile and it does do the job. Plus the applicator is pretty nifty. The only thing about it is that it seemed to make my scalp a bit itchy if I had it on for awhile...but thats just me and it goes away after I wash it out. If you combine this with Toppik it really looks good.

G

Just like to add my 'vote' for Dermatch. This stuff has got me out of a lot of potentially embarassing situations over the last few months. I've even wore it on stage (been involved in a few plays) and it does the job.

A little tip is lightly sray over it with a hair spray and it gets rid of the slight chalky look from Dermatch and blends it in even better. :wink:

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
you guys know i'm a big toppik freak.

well, i must admit, dermatch is a fine product. it smells good, and it doesn't make my scalp itchy. in fact my scalp feels good with it on. :)

it works well depending on the style. for my current haircut it works wonders. for the one before, it sucked.

real tip: Buy both toppik/nanogen and dermmatch. play around with both and see what suits you. after a while you'll realize for some areas the toppik works better, for some the dermatch.

heres what i did for today for example: i have the cesar as you guys know. first i thoroughly dried my hair and cool blow dried it up and ran my fingers thru it to give volume. next i lifted my hair up with my hands and applied dermatch directly on the scalp. then i applied a bit on my hairs to thicken it up. Then i combed my hair forward, spent a while with that. Then, after all that i applied a bit of toppik. Then i sprayed into place.

Dermmatch is better than toppik in covering scalp. toppik is better in creating a more natural hair texture look.

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
RecedingBoy said:
you guys know i'm a big toppik freak.

well, i must admit, dermatch is a fine product. it smells good, and it doesn't make my scalp itchy. in fact my scalp feels good with it on. :)

it works well depending on the style. for my current haircut it works wonders. for the one before, it sucked.

real tip: Buy both toppik/nanogen and dermmatch. play around with both and see what suits you. after a while you'll realize for some areas the toppik works better, for some the dermatch.

heres what i did for today for example: i have the cesar as you guys know. first i thoroughly dried my hair and cool blow dried it up and ran my fingers thru it to give volume. next i lifted my hair up with my hands and applied dermatch directly on the scalp. then i applied a bit on my hairs to thicken it up. Then i combed my hair forward, spent a while with that. Then, after all that i applied a bit of toppik. Then i sprayed into place.

Dermmatch is better than toppik in covering scalp. toppik is better in creating a more natural hair texture look.

Boy and thought my morning ritual was a nightmare.hehe :p

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
no man. :(

its bad. i waste a lot of time on my hair....

its really bad. i get late to work and everything. what should i do!

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t if I was not self employed I would get fired.LOL I spend so much time on my hair I have had dream about shaving the Fkr and dealing with it.But screw that.I will fight it the best I can for now. You don't go 40 years with a full head of hair and just shave your head.It's too much of a shocker at this age.If I was one of those guys that shaved my head by choice most of my life and suddenly my hair started to fall out it would be no big deal.I'm almost 40 and people say big deal because of my age. I do not look or act 40 and do not want to either.hehe

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen said:
I'm almost 40 and people say big deal because of my age. I do not look or act 40 and do not want to either.

And then you get kids that say that balding after 40 is smooth sailing... My ***! I want to be buried with a full head of hair :twisted: !

XL