Dermarolling And Using Hair Fibers Regularly, Is It Bad? | HairLossTalk Forums

Dermarolling And Using Hair Fibers Regularly, Is It Bad?

Discussion in 'Concealers & Styling Products' started by JamM22, Dec 16, 2017.

1. JamM22

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I use gofybr hair fibers regularly now. I am about to start using a 1mm dermaroller on my scalp.
    Is it bad for you considering that dermarolling causes micro wounds and increases the absorption of anything you apply to your scalp including any chemicals the hair fibers may contain?

2. Esprit

Esprit Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say not. Hair fall is going to happen, regardless, Fibres are not going to make any difference to hair loss. And as for the rolling, the fibres are not going to penetrate the micro holes left by it. Don't worry about it.

3. Emily Kay

Emily Kay New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think you need to be very wary of infection. Superbugs are rampant now days. Make sure you sterilize the derma roller before every use and I'd only use it on a clean scalp. I wouldn't have have toppic or any other hair fibers in my hair while I do this. Remember the blood from your scalp flows directly back to your heart so infection could be lethal. Just my 2 cents. Make sure your hands are good and clean too. Has there been any evidence that this really works? My entire top is thin and especially down the center. As a middle aged lady who goes off to work every day with Great Hair day on her head I'd really to like to find something that works. The dermatologist and the endocrinologist have both left me to believe this is hopeless. Great Hair day does help though. Hair fibers tend to be itchy for me where as Great Hair Day doesn't bother me. Thanks in advance!