Deaner's success story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaner

Reaction score
It's been almost 7 months so far, and it looks like things are finally looking up. My hair ontop was always quite a bit thinner than the back and sides, quite noticably so, and now the difference is negligible at best, the top is slowly starting to match the back and sides, and seems to be ALMOST there...

I've been on a regimen of Propecia 1mg daily, and Nizoral fairly regularly, 2-3 times a week. I recently quit the Nizoral after running out, and decided to use just H&S 2in1, and my flakes have stopped, and my scalp is in great condition. I've gone through a fairly big shed the past 3 months or so, but it seems to have stabilized in the past week or so. Ontop of this, my hair's back to being shiny and hydrated, and after a little trim of the ends, it looks dark and healthy again, compared to dry, light (redish/light brown vs. my natural dark brown), and scragly. I can mess it around, and it bounces right back into place.

Soaking wet, my hair is not noticably thin anymore. I can play with it, mess it around, lift it up, etc, and scalp rarely shows, and if it does, minimally. And I'm guessing scalp shows even on most non-male pattern baldness guys, so no biggy!

My crown, a problem before I started Propecia, was the first thing to respond. Within 3 months or so, it was already looking great. I have two swirls, side by side, and these swirls had sorta disappeared, and created just sort of one big patch of no hair in the back, just sorta looked like a line of missing hair. Never looked like a bald spot really, I could just personally tell I was losing ground cuz the swirls were gone. Well, they're back in full force, and the density back there after 7 months is phenomenal compared to baseline. Very happy.

Buuuut... I had a rough hairline to begin with, and I doubt I'll ever get it back. I"m about NW2 at the moment, and I'm hoping I can get to maybe NW1.5ish, but I'm not holding my breath. All I really set out for was density recovery, and I'm on the right path for that. Although my hairline IS sprouting many fine darker hairs (read: VERY FINE), along with tons of vellous growth (about 1cm in front of current temples), I don't expect very much to happen here. I believe I've gained ground in my temples already however, since the beginning, as the fine, shorter hairs I had around my widows peak and temples have all gotten thicker and merged with the rest of the hairline. No more stray patches of hair or anything. I also remember my widows peak to be narrower when I began, and webcam pictures of my hairline from now compared to 3 months ago seem to show the temples have moved forward and shrunk, although it could be differences in lighting.

So who knows, we'll see what happens in the next 5 or 6 months won't we?! So far, very promising, especially considering I'm using ZERO growth stimulants. It's a strictly Propecia and H&S regimen at this point! Good luck to all you guys, I wish you all success!

P.S. sorry for the long winded success story, I like to be thorough in my explanations and descriptions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.