Curis

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is great news! Thanks for posting it.

It's good to give Intercytex and the rest of the researches some healthy competition. And if HM or cloning doesn't come through, this just might.

G

I like the sound of the 2010 :) That will be a good year i think!!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing new. Nothing on Intercytex, either. Technically, they will be "late" in their estimate of the beginning of phase II clinical trials (Intercytex, that is), if they do not begin by the end of this month. But schedules do tend to slip. If they announce that phase II trials have begun by the end of this year for their TRC product, I will be happy. When it comes to another hair loss treatment, what's another 6 months? =)

I try to wait a few months before I check back into this site, knowing full well the unlikelihood of reading a new announcement on either Curis or Intercytex. But when you are bored at work for 8 hours a day, why the hell not.

Is that what you do, Chew? Anybody have the discipline to stay away for more than a month? Or a week for that manner?

Sorry to respond with no news. Just felt like rambling.

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
no prob.
i actually usually go about a month and then binge (sp?) read some time when i have a little extra time or am feeling hopeful about the whole thing.

it was a few months though tthis last time...i got busy and didn't have a chance to check it out.

it gives me the unintended habit of responding to some of these "older" threads while catching up.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
What exactly does the product Curis is making do with hair loss?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Curis is a hedgehog agonist... using specific pathways to literally "turn off" all male pattern baldness signals.

Curis can be labeled a "cure," and, next to hair multiplication, it's the best thing we have.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
lol... if you look at the article, you'll notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

It's almost as long as the entire article!

powersam

Reaction score
i have to say i prefer the way curis' method deals with baldness as compared to HM. curis looks like prevention and cure all in the one basket while HM looks like really really really good minoxidil.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say that for Curis being a very good minoxidil. I like HM better because everyone will be able to have a hairline they always wanted and the density of hair. Curis will be able to restore your existing hair but there are still quite a few people who have thin hair or bad hairline. Plus HM hair will never fall out so it will be once in a lifetime proceedure. And let's hope Curis doesn't activate anything more than a hairfolicle.

powersam

Reaction score
really? after i heard about the experiment where they transplanted slick bald skin onto a mouse or other organism and the follicles woke up and grew as normal, i kinda assumed curis would mean that all follicles would go back to normal.

with hm the hairs would grow as normal but still go bald eventually as nothing has been changed in the actual balding process.

erovc

Reaction score
Let me get a few things straight... Is Intercytex working on a product that is essentially HM? Or does the introduction of the dermal papilla cells induce a change in the existing or miniturized follicles to cause them to grow again? Also, PowerSam, do you know where that study is off hand? Thanx everyone. Peace.

erovc

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
really? after i heard about the experiment where they transplanted slick bald skin onto a mouse or other organism and the follicles woke up and grew as normal, i kinda assumed curis would mean that all follicles would go back to normal.

with hm the hairs would grow as normal but still go bald eventually as nothing has been changed in the actual balding process.

No with HM you would take some hair follicles from the back of your head where hair are resistant to male pattern baldness. Then you multiply those cells and inject them back into balding areas. Those cells form new follicles that are resistant to male pattern baldness and are the same as the hair at the back of your head. Simple in theory really.

Felk

Reaction score
I still havent seen anyone give a satisfactory answer to how the HM surgeons are going to get around the shock loss problem. Original density is impossible with a hair transplant, as you cant put the implanted hairs that close together, due to other hairs falling out through shock loss.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you even know there will be shock loss? It's been mentioned before that HM is much less invasive than today's hair transplant's. There is a good chance that no shock loss will occur with the HM procedure.

Felk said:
I still havent seen anyone give a satisfactory answer to how the HM surgeons are going to get around the shock loss problem. Original density is impossible with a hair transplant, as you cant put the implanted hairs that close together, due to other hairs falling out through shock loss.

Felk

Reaction score
I posted this same reply in the balding cure thread, but schmeh....

i was under the impression HM was just a hair transplant with an unlimited supply of donor hair (no?) and therefore you would have the same problems with shock loss, as you can't put donor hair that close together (original density is impossible)

Anyway if it's not the case... cool :)

erovc

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know about how long it takes for the FDA to move through phases (phase I, phase II, phase III, etc.)? I'm just looking for a general time frame. I realize that it probably varies for every different drug. What's everyone's projected date as to when one of these will be available in the market? Please reply. I really appreciate it. Thanx.

erovc

michael barry

Reaction score
3 phases that are usually about a year apiece, then a ten month review process......................4 years if everything goes pretty well. Sometimes perhaps a bit quicker, usually about five however.

Thats why Im not on pins and needles concerning curis.

CCS

Reaction score
what is HM?