Crinagen

PolarBear

Reaction score
I can't believe that nobody yet has wrote something here about this product.

Any opinions, suggestions, results?

I went to dr. Razack's site http://www.raztec.com and it seems to me that it is very professionally done, like dr. Lee's.

So, can anyone recommend this product over spironolactone or generally?

hairybastard

Reaction score
I can't reccomend it oevr spironolactone because they do two totally different things. Crinagen reduces DHT by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase in the scalp and spironolactone blocks DHT from attaching to the androgen receptor. Crinagen also has a few growth stimulting properties. I myself have used both crinagen and spironolactone for about two years and I love them! I epecially love the way Crinagen makes my scalp feel..all tingly and nice.

PolarBear

Reaction score
hairybastard said:
I can't reccomend it oevr spironolactone because they do two totally different things. Crinagen reduces DHT by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase in the scalp and spironolactone blocks DHT from attaching to the androgen receptor. Crinagen also has a few growth stimulting properties. I myself have used both crinagen and spironolactone for about two years and I love them! I epecially love the way Crinagen makes my scalp feel..all tingly and nice.

The trouble is I cannot use both, money is the problem. So, which one would you choose if you were me? Thank you for your response!

p.s. Did you get any side effects or shedding from those two products? Or regrowth?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
PolarBear -

For whatever my opinion is worth, if money is an issue, I would recommend using the Topical spironolactone lotion over using Crinagen.

And yes, we sell Crinagen, but it is more important to me that you get an honest answer to your question than us getting another sale.

Regards,

HairLossTalk.com

PolarBear

Reaction score
Thank you HairLossTalk.com!

But, it seems to me that Crinagen is a hell lot of cheaper! $20 + $5 s/h.

Besides, how can I get all these necessary papers for dr. Lee if I live in Croatia?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ah, did you want cheaper or more scientifically efficacious? ;-)

Not sure regarding the croatia thing, might have to email Dr. Lee and ask him.

HairLossTalk.com

PolarBear

Reaction score
I already knew the costs, Crinagen's price is cheaper. :wink:

But can you please tell me about efficacy? Both spironolactone and crinagen?

I did a search on Internet about user experiences, but suprisingly enough, I couldn't find much information, very strange... neither about spironolactone or crinagen.

I think I will email dr. Lee in any case, just to know how I can get his products in future...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Crinagen is Revivogen is Crinagen.

They're basically identical. Though some may disagree with me on this, I would consider Revivogen a topical form of Propecia, basically, in that it's primarily a DHT inhibiting treatment, and thus your expectations on its results should be the same - at least as far as timelines go. Meaning ... 6 to 8 months and probably just cessation of loss.

spironolactone is a completely different type of treatment. In fact, both would complement eachother somewhat well at least...

Neither have been tested on human heads in treating hair loss, so the efficaciousness level is going to remain debatable between the two, and which is better. I think the best thing to do is ask around and get people's personal experience at this point, since nothing else exists. I've heard quite a few decent reports from Topical spironolactone Lotion users than I've heard from Crinagen users... but as we all know... the satisfied ones are the first to leave and go live their lives. They rarely hang around here and speak up :)

HairLossTalk.com

PolarBear

Reaction score
So, HairLossTalk.com, do you think that neither one of them can't grow hair, just cessation in best case scenario?

Of course, thank you for your response. Do you personally use any of these two treatments?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Both treatments have hair growth stimulating ingredients, but I would say they are *primarily* DHT inhibiting treatments.

DHT inhibition has been shown to primarily halt further loss, and over long periods of time (6 months to 2 years) allow hair to cycle back in each time more healthy ... thus creating the impression of "growth stimulation".

There are growth stimulating ingredients in both though, as mentioned above, so regrowth is possible. Individual results may vary.

HairLossTalk.com

Design

Reaction score
hairybastard said:
I can't reccomend it oevr spironolactone because they do two totally different things. Crinagen reduces DHT by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase in the scalp and spironolactone blocks DHT from attaching to the androgen receptor.

It says in the product description of this website that crinagen is also an anti-androgen as well as DHT Inhibitor, the same as spironolactone.

Another strange thing ive noticed is both spironolactone & Crinagen have a rating of 3 stars and Revivogen has 4. Judging by the amount of bad responses to Revivogen i have read in these forums as opposed to the 'better' responses from people who use Crinagen and/or spironolactone it has generally made me very confused.

One question, are topical DHT inhibitors better as opposed to pill poppers such as Propecia?

Regards,

Design

Itchy

Reaction score
So Crinagen and Revivogen are the same thing?

Only Crinagen is cheaper?

HatTrickster

Reaction score
Anyone know how well Crinagen works for maintaining the hair you've got?

On the average, how well does it work for people?

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmm - hard to say, possibly Zinc, possibly Azelaic Acid, possibly a combination of the two....but i'd say they were banking more on Saw Palmetto's supposed DHT inhibition as its main attack against androgens.

G

seein that saw palmetto is the main ingredient of a lot of the untested stuff sold, why dont people just buy saw palmetto liquid extract and drop that on their heads?
much cheaper and you would probably have a more concentrated source.

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
seein that saw palmetto is the main ingredient of a lot of the untested stuff sold, why dont people just buy saw palmetto liquid extract and drop that on their heads?
much cheaper and you would probably have a more concentrated source

heh....people were about 6 months ago after one guy claimed it regrew sh*t loads...it soon became apparent to others though that he was probably lying, that it had no real means of delivery through the scalp and that it stunk like sh*t....needless to say no-one bothers with it anymore

thinning scalp dude

Reaction score
I'm using a cocktail of minoxidil and crinagen,nizoral (once a week kept on scalp for about an hour)also sawpalmetto extract pills.The minoxidil is put on in the morning and crinagen after work because crinagen can leave yellowish stains on scalp(depending on how much you use), and wear a hat until late afternoon i use more minoxidil and when i take a shower before i go to bed i put more crinagen (usually only two sprays in balding area)I can really feel the anti-inflamatory effect of crinagen countering the effect of minoxidil so the two :wink: products work well with each other.I'm pleased to say my hair is not getting any thinner in fact i see alot of fine hair line hairs appearing.All of this in about three month of use three bottles of minoxidil later and two bottles of crinagen.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
After you take a shower you should put crinagen on and then when it dries use minoxidil. This is what I do.