Crescendo's Story

Crescendo

Reaction score
Hello,

Well, I am not sure if I have male pattern baldness and I am hoping that you can help me with some of the symptoms. Started very suddenly at 26 when I was going through an intense break up with a girl friend (I truly believe she was the cause of all this :D ). And I had bunches of hair just fall out with thinning (that only I noticed) in days. As my hair is wavy and curly the thinning was easy to hide. Well, I did go through a lot of stress at work for the next few years and the loss went on...but the thing that has bothered me from the beginning is that I have had crops of tender bumps on my head from time to time and my scalp has been tender and itchy....I am 31 now and my hair is substantially thinner so that for the first time you can actually see the scalp on the top despite the curls and my temples have receeded substantially. I never did take anything all those years but have recently (two weeks ago) started Propecia and will be starting Nizoral.
What I wanted to find out is if any of you folks have had similar type of inflammatory symptoms associated with male pattern baldness (my dad has a thick head of hair at 62 but my brother is rather bald at 34) so I am not sure if I have plain and simple male pattern baldness or is it something else. Also if hair loss has been going on for 5 years and it is male pattern baldness is there ever any reversal?
Thanks a ton! And honestly this site is quite unbelievable. Thanks for the good work.

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help w/your questions regarding male pattern baldness as I have FPB but want to say, welcome to the board!

bombscience

Reaction score
Inflamation and itching unfortunately can sometime come hand and hand with male pattern baldness. I have a hard time battling the same things. Check out some of the post on folligen to see how it's helped with a lot of peoples itching.

About whether or not you have a typical case of male pattern baldness... If you are following a typical male balding pattern then it's 99% of the time Male Patter Baldness. If you want someone official to tell you that, go visit a dermotologist.

Also before going on propecia get some blood work done.