$$$$$$$$$$ COST $$$$$$$$$$$

Nelson

Reaction score
Can I get a quick post from everybody who has done hair transplant and let me know the cost?

I spent $6 per graft on a 900-graft procedure. I may need a 2nd procedure eventually and I'm wondering if I got taken.

:oops:

G

I paid $4 per graft and I believe he did a superior job. This was for 800 grafts.

San Diego prices.

Brucelee

Kebabman

Reaction score
Nelso, my last lot of treatment at Dr Roses' in Florida cost me $6000 for 1650 grafts, so just under $4 per graft. Thing is with Dr Rose, if he can give you more grafts thrown in he will. I was unfortunate cos I went to an English surgeon, well that was too good a word for him, butcher, who lost me a lot of good donor hair round the back. I'd thoroughly recommend Dr Rose though, great guy, very helpful.

What I must add guys is that I went to get my haircut yesterday, and thinking the guy was going to use scissors he didn't and gave me a number 4 round the back thus showing my large scar left by surgery 6 weeks ago, major :cry: going on. Just as well I have some Mane spray to spray over the missing hair until it grows over it, nightmare city.

Does anyone know of surgery whereby they can transfer hair (not your own) into the donor area? I'm sure Dr Woods does it, but wonder how successful it is?

Anyway guys, be careful when getting your haircut!

G

My understanding is that transplanting others hair will result in immediate graft rejection. I don't know of anyone who will do this.

Brucelee

Kebabman

Reaction score
I'm sure it was on this site a while ago that Pete2001 said that either he or he knew of a technique where it can be done. When I get a chance I'll look back at some of his old posts.

Topman2b

Reaction score
Hi K man
Yes I think Pete2001 did offer some info about transplanting into scars. Sorry to hear you had such a scar after your visit to dr Rose. It was really a worry of mine after I had my proc with Dr Shapiro but within 3-4 weeks the scar was minimal and within a couple of months virtually undetectable. I deliberately didn't tell mt hairdresser until the third visit and he couldn't believe it - said it was the best he'd ever seen and the scar is now undetectable so I hope your settles down ok.

Also re the extra couple of sessions recommended by Dr S for my 5a was about right. Strictly speaking he said I would need about two further procedures but not necessarily of the same amount, in all I suppose anywhere between 2-4000 in addition to the (just under) 2k I had done in the first session and which would then total a max of about 5-6000 depending on coverage and density. o are you plannign any more then or going to wait and see how what you've had done already pans out?

Anyway hope things are sprouting and catch up again soon.

Kebabman

Reaction score
Topman2b, good to hear from you my friend. How things going on top with you? When are you going back for another lot?

My problem was the English GP left me with an unsightly scar as well as wasting a lot of good donor area round the back. Dr Rose cut out the old scar whilst stitching up the new one after he'd done the 1650 grafts I had 8 weeks ago and did a really good job which is looking better by the week.

All in all now I've had 3850 grafts, first ones being back in first week of April. What is starting to :? me a bit is that the first lot of treatment back then I'm sure the new hair came through very early on ie at the 8 week stage but this time round I'm now at 8 weeks and there's no sign of the new hair. A bit :roll: My hairs also not looking as dense as it was which is a bit worrying. Some days it looks fairly thick and others thin, very frustrating. Not only that but I've looked on New Hair Institutes website where they show "before" and "after" photos of guys like ourselves at about a 5A scale, and around the same time period of 7 months after h/t their hair is a lot thicker/fuller from having the same amount of grafts! Any ideas why!?

Maybe it's just panic setting in. You are right to think 2 h/t's not enough at 5A though even though the NHI site shows you can get away with just 2 h/t's of 3800-4000 grafts in total which will give you enough coverage for a 5A.

What do you reckon Topman2b/guys?