Copper Peptides As Hair Loss Treatments: What's The Current Consensus?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think?

Below, products from Tricomin and from TheKaneShop.

tricomin-spray-shampoo-conditioner.jpg

ahk_1.jpg

Someone wrote that this product matched minoxidil in two separate FDA trials ... I couldn't find them online though.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure whether your question is about Tricomin or Copper peptides but I'll tell you what I know as random statements of fact. Upto you what you make of them.

Copper peptides come in 2 forms GHK-Cu and AHK-Cu. There are several types of each denoted by some numbers.
There have been some research which showed that copper peptides awaken dead/dormant follicles. Not sure which versions of peptides they tested.
I did a lot of reading last year and concluded AHK-Cu were the better of the two. But remember there are many types of AHK-Cu peptides.
I have read Tricomin contains about 1% not sure which copper peptides. There is general consensus this is low and it should be around 3% based on the studies. People are also skeptical because tricomin adds a blue dye which should not be needed because copper peptides are blue.
I bought AHK-cu powder last year from rejuveplex. Mixed it in rejuveplex plus to about 3% and tried on right temple only for 6 months. No difference. I am now finishing off the remaining portion on both temples just for the sake of it and because I don't feel like pouring something I spent £££'s on down the drain.

All in all. Don't waste your time, money and effort on this. That's my view. Tricomin may be helpful for other reasons though.

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered folligen line for hair loss(cream+spray, shampoo+conditioner, hairsignals), and check a lot of info. Instead AHK-cu???, GHK-Cu is mostly on Pubmed! GHK-CU promoted nowdays by dr. Pickart team mainly and i read all info on his sites. Really good conception for skin and hair imho. But i noticed that still GHK-CU and all CU-peptides are on early stages but anyway they already work good(see Pubmed)!!!!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bump... @Swoop - could you please give us your opinion of copper peptides as a hair loss treatment. Perhaps if we mixed our own to 5% it may be effective in conjunction with minoxidil and an AA... or is it a waste of time?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
bump... @Swoop - could you please give us your opinion of copper peptides as a hair loss treatment. Perhaps if we mixed our own to 5% it may be effective in conjunction with minoxidil and an AA... or is it a waste of time?

@buckthorn, speaking of the devil.. I was just literally looking at a study that looked at a combination of GHK and 5-aminolevulinic acid..

:p.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969472/

Hair count. (A) An increase in hair count for 6 months was 52.6 in group A (*p<0.05), 71.5 in group B (*p<0.05), and 9.6 in group C. (B) The ratio of changes in hair count between group B (n=2.38) and group C (n=1.21) only at 6 months showed a statistically significant difference (*p<0.05).

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
God, every damn tested compound shows an increase in hair counts!! If all this were true, I could be rubbing emu oil and copper peptides on my head and be a NW1. What's with this?? You think it's worth a shot? Have you ever tried it?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
God, every damn tested compound shows an increase in hair counts!! If all this were true, I could be rubbing emu oil and copper peptides on my head and be a NW1. What's with this?? You think it's worth a shot? Have you ever tried it?

I haven't tested it no.

Compare it to something like the study of SM04554 though.

340958-INFO.jpg

Let's just say that the hair count increased with 10 in SM04554.

That study of GHK + 5-ALA?

An increase in hair count for 6 months was 52.6 (p<0.05) in group A, 71.5 (p<0.05) in group B, and 9.6 in group C.

lol!

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard copper peptide might be a good anti inflammatory but don't expect too much on regrowth...

One of the reasons why they never made the concentration that high was high concentration of CP irritates and stings the scalp. It must have something to do with the Cu. Actually this is already reported by a lot of folligen users. Tricomin, with a lower concentration, on the other hand, seems to show less cases of irritation.

Some users posted that using folligen stings in the first minutes but after the initial irritation it calms their scalp down. I never understood what it might be like to feel that way though...

Maybe @RhinestoneHLT could share his experience with tricomin with more details?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Load of overpriced bulmshit mate... yep i fell for it before . Did absolutley nothing

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bump, as i told by dr. Pickart he also invented AHK-Cu!
as for concentration 0.25-0.5% copper peptides(GHK-CU) works ok in Folligen/Hair Signals.
folligen goes light green cream/dark green/gray solution.
hair signals-gray/dark green solution.
similar experience as WMQ say: using folligen/hair signals stings in the first minutes but after the initial irritation it calms their scalp down.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you even get a good topical peptide, and which one is best?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worthless, saw even some hairloss forums producing their own coppercreams just to exploit their users.

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update after 1.5 year: in my case i lost ground, folligen/hair signals not stabilized the ground or even give good visible regrowth. unfortunately. + when i apply folligen/hair signals my nevuses enlarge in size and after 2-3 days calm and regress to minimal size. so it can be dangerous. some herbalist say copper could be even toxic.

badluckdude

Reaction score
I dont know anything about the newest version of tricomin but from what I see in reviews its absolute garbage. It has really bad ratings, its more money and you get less. I used the first version i thought was great, second version still thought it was good, but admittedly after seeing all these new terrible reviews for this new one, and you can just see ingredient wise it has different stuff in it so you know something must have changed.

I know a lot of people here apparently think shampoos etc dont really matter from what I read but I can say for me personally. I have had a lot of health problems, and untill i started having all these lupus problems specifically(which now nothing seems to work no matter what I do and my hair just continues to thin)I had people that use to think I wore a wig. Sure I still had thin spots from where I had some cancer stuff taken out, and it had a natural wave to it when it grew back from radiation etc. But point is tricomin kept me having a lot of hair.

Ive used a lot of different shampoos, tested them, paul mitchell, some nioxin stuff, regenepure, 2% nizoral(ive actually though recently of maybe trying the 1% since 2 % was just to harsh for me made me shed but will see), blah blah... And at best the shampoos are just a cosmetic difference.. and by that I mean I can tell with in just one washing my hair "looks" thicker, but say in the shower and through out the day I notice me shedding more. But when I used tricomin, hair looks thicker, and its not shedding more. Which is one of the biggest differences i personally find with a lot of these so called volumizing shampoos etc, lose more hair while using them, but it just like coats your hair or something and it gives you a fake fullness if you will.

So in short ya I do think copper stuff works. Or at least the shampoo was good.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know anything about the newest version of tricomin but from what I see in reviews its absolute garbage. It has really bad ratings, its more money and you get less. I used the first version i thought was great, second version still thought it was good, but admittedly after seeing all these new terrible reviews for this new one, and you can just see ingredient wise it has different stuff in it so you know something must have changed.

I know a lot of people here apparently think shampoos etc dont really matter from what I read but I can say for me personally. I have had a lot of health problems, and untill i started having all these lupus problems specifically(which now nothing seems to work no matter what I do and my hair just continues to thin)I had people that use to think I wore a wig. Sure I still had thin spots from where I had some cancer stuff taken out, and it had a natural wave to it when it grew back from radiation etc. But point is tricomin kept me having a lot of hair.

Ive used a lot of different shampoos, tested them, paul mitchell, some nioxin stuff, regenepure, 2% nizoral(ive actually though recently of maybe trying the 1% since 2 % was just to harsh for me made me shed but will see), blah blah... And at best the shampoos are just a cosmetic difference.. and by that I mean I can tell with in just one washing my hair "looks" thicker, but say in the shower and through out the day I notice me shedding more. But when I used tricomin, hair looks thicker, and its not shedding more. Which is one of the biggest differences i personally find with a lot of these so called volumizing shampoos etc, lose more hair while using them, but it just like coats your hair or something and it gives you a fake fullness if you will.

So in short ya I do think copper stuff works. Or at least the shampoo was good.

Did you ever try piractone olamine shampoos?

Last edited:

badluckdude

Reaction score
Whats that? Ive tried random stuff like tar shampoos, zinc, keto, salysic acid whatever a lot of different crap thought out years.... tricomin is the best shampoo i ever used. I dont know anything about the new version cuz apparently it sucks, and im not wasting 30 bucks on something that supposedly sucks to be a guinea pig. Like I said granted i can say I do have a lot of health problems,so I may be a bit out of the normal scope of this site, but just saying my experience. I thought about maybe trying some keto shampoo again but maybe at one percent this time but man my scalp is just so sensitive im scared to even try again

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats that? Ive tried random stuff like tar shampoos, zinc, keto, salysic acid whatever a lot of different crap thought out years.... tricomin is the best shampoo i ever used. I dont know anything about the new version cuz apparently it sucks, and im not wasting 30 bucks on something that supposedly sucks to be a guinea pig. Like I said granted i can say I do have a lot of health problems,so I may be a bit out of the normal scope of this site, but just saying my experience. I thought about maybe trying some keto shampoo again but maybe at one percent this time but man my scalp is just so sensitive im scared to even try again
How did you find Tricomin helped? Less sheddding?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
After using GHK-Cu on my hair for ~1 year and my face for ~2 years I wouldn't recommend it. You will read mixed reviews on this compound and I think it's telling that major pharmaceutical companies are not incorporating it en masse into their formulations.

The main problems are:

- It reacts with minoxidil. I discussed the reaction I think is happening here.
- What I think I've observed with my facial skin is something you'll read speculated over the internet - That copper peptides in high doses seem to have an effect of breaking down rather than rebuilding collagen, so it is good for scar treatment, but not for healthy skin maintenance.

It is fantastic for anti-acne effect, but I think it has worsened my skin condition overall and I will no longer be using it. For hair, if it did help, it was certainly nowhere near as strong as minoxidil.

Overall, I wouldn't bother for hair or skin.

badluckdude

Reaction score
How did you find Tricomin helped? Less sheddding?

I mean what I said above right. In my experience every volumemizing shampoo or just shampoos in general are just a visual effect. And I say that because I can tell with in just one use my hair looks thicker so thats impossible ya know? Like sometimes even the shampoo it self is harsh and i lose more hairs in the shower while using it, but then my hair looks thicker durning the day and is darker. So that tells me its just a visual sorta thing.

Where as tricomin when i was using the old stuff(again I have no idea about the new stuff) that kept my hair looking thick and not shedding as much. Like i said besides say where I have a cancer scar etc thats always been more thin ive had a lot of health problems in my life been in and out of the hospital almost my whole life now, and sure there are just times when i shed more because of certain health issues, but while using tricomin for f*** Ive used it for over 10 years now that I recall. (hard to say i know I used it since the very first one since a doctor recommended it to me very early on when I first got sick and lost my hair from radiation etc)i actually had people randomly ask me if I wore a wig. So I guess it must have at least been decent.

Now of course a few years ago I started having some lupus problems and f*** me nothing seems to stop this and it feels like im just screwed. But take that story for what its worth.

Never used the spray or anything so I have no comment on that.