Considering a system...

ao2040

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am on my 40's, have been losing my hair for almost 15 yrs. now.
For the past 3 years I have been using Toppik which has been working great for me, however since my hair loss continues and I am now a well advanced NW5 Toppik is not effective anymore specially on the hairline... the fibbers clearly show on my scalp… and there is not enough hair left to cover them.

So now it is time for the system, I knew I will end up wearing one and tried to delay it as much as I could but no more... there is no way I will shave my head since it doesn't suit my face and looks.

The advantage of the system would be ppl. wont notice a radical change since they are used to see me with 'full hair' wearing toppik...

My main concerns about wearing a system are:
1. How realistic and undetectable can they be? is it possible to get a low density and high hairline level that would suit a 40+ yr. old normal hair look?
2. How does it feels wearing the system day and nite? Do you feel it all the time on your head? How do you manage to sleep with it?
3. How much maintenance on a daily basis does it require? Say I have to get ready in the morning, is the hair a mess and I have to spend hours fixing it?

Would appreciate your comments....

beemark

Reaction score
A good hair system is 100% realistic and undetectable. A good supplier knows how to make the hair density "age appropriate".

If you intend to wear it for a few days or even a week or so at a time, you'll want to put adhesive (tape or liquid) around the entire perimeter, rather than just using a few small pieces of tape. When the entire perimeter is secured, the unit won't shift at night. Early on, you will be aware that there's something on your head (like a baseball cap), but after a while you will get used to it and you won't notice it at all.

Daily maintenance can be as simple as spraying a little water on your hair and combing it. Or you may want to put a little product in the hair to keep it in place. It won't take any longer than it would if it were your own, natural hair.