A

Administrator

And it's about time.

barak_blog.jpg

:punk: :bravo: :agree: :jump: :woot: :band: :uglylol:

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I just cracked open a beer for him. Too bad his grandmother died yesterday and couldn't see history be made.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
This election has actually restored some of my faith in humanity.

Petchsky

Reaction score
It was good to see, i knew he'd get elected. Mccain was very gracious in defeat though so props to him too.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
What would you guys say his hairli.........

Ah, f*ck it.

GO OBAMA!

LOL, hairli.. = 0, on the N scale!

Sweet day for the American ppl, I as a Canadian am very excited for you! :punk:

A

Administrator

Watching Jesse Jackson silently cry, without a word ... was very moving. This is a man who has a lot of justified anger. He's taken upon himself the voice of a people who were destroyed by this country. Treated worse than manure. He is rarely silent, but last night, his hand was on his mouth, and his eyes full of tears.

jackson.jpg

Watching that healing happen was extremely moving for me. He'd fought for this day his entire life. He stood next to Martin Luther King as he marched down the streets hoping for equal rights. Seeing him reconcile the pain and the anger inside of himself, made me feel compassion for a man who has always been somewhat irritating. That irritation is how he chose to deal with his anger. The camera caught Oprah in the crowd too. Silently crying.

When you really look at what this country did to african americans; the atrocities we committed ... last night was their moment. I got a text from a black friend that simply said "We have overcome".

You may have noticed during Obama's speech that he didnt have "powerful black people" on stage. That's because he "gets it". He understands the nuances, and doesn't cater to them. Jessie jackson was just a face in the crowd. Oprah - you could barely see her because she is so short. Shoulders were blocking half of her face on those shots.

These are people who are usually up on pedestals. But last night everyone was equal. Even obama disappeared into the crowd of his family and friends. The symbolism there is important, and beautiful.

A man who is half black, half white, multiracial with a muslim sounding first, midddle, and last name just became president of the united states. If that isn't what this country is all about ... potential ... then I don't know what is.

I am finally proud to be an American again. And no. Im not afraid to phrase it that way.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.