coming up on 9 months...

jeffsss

Reaction score
And i'm thinking of switching to dutasteride.. My hair line has gone back probabaly a half inch over this time.. diffuse thinning is all over but VERY noticable in the front and crown.

My scalp is tender and itchy all the time. I've tried several different shampoos. I've even installed a water softner and a shower head filter!!

so... i'm drawing a blank. I'm considering upping my dosage of finasteride to 1.5 since i've had very minimal sides.

i'm not goign to go the rogaine route untill i have "loss" under control.

anyone have any bright ideas? remember i'm at 9 months so i'm running out of time with finasteride supposidly.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
finasteride wont be able to do much of anything if your scalp is not in good shape. I recommend switching to folligen. Its far superior, IMO, to tricomin.

powersam

Reaction score
mate what is this crap about after 9 months your reaching the end with propecia? look up some posts by deaner, he started get very solid results in what i think was his 13th month on finasteride. you give it one year at the absolute minimum before you can make any judgements, people have told you that already.

shedmaster is exactly right. sort out your scalp, the quality of your skin there plays a huge part in the quality of your hair.

i suggest - very gentle natural shampoo, and if you can manage it try
not to wash your hair every day.
- think about folligen or tricomin, very good for inflammation etc
- if you smoke, stop.
- don't wash your hair with really hot water, lukewarm or even
cold water is better.
- some find nizoral is great for inflammation/itch.
- every now and then it wouldnt hurt to moisturise your scalp, ie/
rub the cream into the scalp under your hair. its not hard to do.

others will have things to add i'm sure. but i don't know how sympathetic all will be seeing as you post this kind of thing with annoying regularity. pick a treatment and stick with it.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Powersam is right.

He gave you some DAMN good advice.

In retrospect, I wish I would have stuck with Propecia for another 12 months to make it to the one-year-mark.

In any case, I'm very happy with my Avodart. I've only been shedding 1-10 hairs daily. I used to not shed even a single hair up until month 5!

I'm about 1-2 weeks short of month 6, and I woke up with a full-head of hair. It had absolutely no diffuse thinning this morning. I was happy. Sure, the hairline looks a little thin, but damn, I'm sure glad I got on Avodart.

I'm trying the generic "Dutas" out today (my funds are low), and I'll let you know what I think about them. I hate generics...

Jeffsss, continue with finasteride therapy for another 3 months... Even if you don't get your hair back within 3 months or more, SOME of your follicles won't die until they stop producing hair for another 5 YEARS!

I think very highly of dutasteride, because I KNOW that it yields high results.

It is a strong drug. Although I haven't had side effects to date, strangely, I have had so many dreams throughout the night. I think that Avodart somehow causes this.... There are several threads about how much you dream during the night. I dream ALL night, and it can be nerve-racking sometimes.

Goodluck man.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind, success means different things for different people. You could either see your 9 months as a failure because you didn't regrow, or a success because you at least maintained, and without the drug you could well have suffered aggressive recession.

jeffsss

Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Bear in mind, success means different things for different people. You could either see your 9 months as a failure because you didn't regrow, or a success because you at least maintained, and without the drug you could well have suffered aggressive recession.

since starting propecia i havent noticed a change at all of the rate of loss.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffss...really dude...Please do not mind what I write here...But frankly I saw your hair pics and they look great. I think you have what is called paranoia. I think the hair you are losing is natrual hairloss and not due to DHT. I think that cannot be stopped whatever you do.

jeffsss

Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
jeffss...really dude...Please do not mind what I write here...But frankly I saw your hair pics and they look great. I think you have what is called paranoia. I think the hair you are losing is natrual hairloss and not due to DHT. I think that cannot be stopped whatever you do.

natural hair loss?!

ist that what all of us are suffering from?

if not DHT then what ?