1. July 4: Several new color themes available. Click "Default Theme" button at bottom of page to select. (dismiss this with "x")
    Dismiss Notice

Combining Lipogaine and Rogaine Foam

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by AfroSamurai, Jun 20, 2012.

1. AfroSamurai

AfroSamurai Guest

Would this be a good idea?

I heard about this Lipogaine product from a review on Youtube and apparently it has some ingredients that Rogaine Foam doesn't have. One of those ingredients is called Azelaic acid. I hear it's really good for hairloss. Let's say I use Lipogaine and Rogaine foam once each day. Or Lipogaine twice a day, and the foam twice the next day etc.

I'm still not sure about Finasteride, so I want to try with these products first. And I've bought some Ketokonazol shampoo too.

2. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Topical azelaic acid has never been seriously tested for treating hairloss. Whether or not it reduces DHT by acting as a 5a-reductase inhibitor is anybody's guess, although I'd say the odds are against it.

3. AfroSamurai

AfroSamurai Guest

Hm, so you think it's a waste of money?

It's not exactly cheap ($24 for one bottle excluding shipping). Then again, I think one bottle lasts for a while.

4. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Topical azelaic acid? Yes, I think it's a waste of money. I'd wait for medical studies (or the opinions of doctors who have used it seriously for a considerable length of time), before I could believe that there was anything to it.

5. backintime

backintime Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Rogaine Foam for two months but recently started using Lipogaine at night and foam only in the morning. Been doing this for a little over a week. I think I saw the same video you did on youtube. For $24 I figured it was worth a shot...one bottle should last me about 6 or 7 weeks.

6. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

:uglylol:

7. Jacob

Jacob Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    BTW..Doctors like Dr. Lee HAVE used it seriously for a considerable length of time.

8. ForToday91

ForToday91 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Any tips on applying the application onto the scalp?? I been having some difficulty with the dropper :/ Oh, and any info or results with using lipogaine on a receding hairline?
    Thank you,
    Responses would be HUGE!!

9. backintime

backintime Member

Dislikes Received:
    I also find the dropper difficult, especially as my hair is getting longer. I touch the dropper to my scalp and dispense 1ml over four or five different spots on my crown. I let it sit there just until I can feel it start to "run" over my scalp then I rub it in. I also use it on my hairline and, like you, I'd be interested in hearing of some results with this.

10. ForToday91

ForToday91 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Of course i will share my results. last night was my first night. ive realized after my first application of lipogaine all over the scalp and on hairline it can be difficult to pour and it stiffens your hair a bit but i think i actually applied too much but im going to try rogaine foam in the morning and lipogaine at night before bed. its too messy for the morning i feel. i really dont feel like taking pictures because they can give off false hope or thoughts esp with bad lighting and what not but i will follow up with results @backintime i really hope this lipogaine works for me and well as you man, it seems to have everything you need to reverse hairloss.