Click here to hear my b**ch and whine

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well, it's been over a year since hairloss has set in...

I just blew off a hot girl tonight... knowlingly that I could have easily hooked up with her. I don't have the energy.

I am starting school in 2 days, and I have a lot of difficulty paying for my tuition and school books.

There is so much financial pressure on me that it's ridiculous. There's so much educational pressure on me that it's ridiculous.

And worst of all, there's so much social pressure on me to not fail. All my life, I've failed. I was neglected as a kid, so that kind of left me at a bad starting point.

When I look back at the photo albums of me growing up, all I see are pictures of me crying. It's sad, really.

I recently got over a bad drug problem 10 months ago, dated the most wonderful girl I've ever met in my life. I've dated many women,,, but I absolutely know that I loved this girl. We recently broke up.

Anyway, things have taken a turn for the worse. I've tried to cope with all these things, and I'm seriously starting to get depressed about the whole situation.

I've never been one to have anxiety, but until the last year of my life, I can't make a rash decision.

I've attempted suicide 3 times; twice by a fatal dosage of several prescription drugs, and once by a heroin overdose.

I don't know what to think anymore, and I feel really emotional about everything now. I don't know why. I can't feel good anymore about myself or others, in light of all the family problems I have and the fact that I'm no longer involved in my life or in control of anything anymore.

Everyday it gets harder.

Can anyone relate to this? Or am I just some pedantic little f*** who makes his life more miserable by self-infliction? I don't know anymore...

I am giving up really fast...

I've always been one to give positive advice to everyone... to help THEM. But in reflection, I've never really helped myself. Sometimes, I think it's too late for me to change my life around, to do better in school, to get away from everything.

Sometimes I just want to go to my local Wal-Mart and invest in a shotgun. I think about it so much that somtimes I'm scared it might become a reality.

I've lost a lot of things in my life, and I'm afraid I've lost my will to be strong.

I'm sorry. I hope it's not the dutasteride that's making me so f*****g emotional-- extra estrogen and whatnot.

What I do know is that I've tried to have a positive attitude, and I'm starting to lose my grip of control on things.

Any help?

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Get some help, man. Therapy can help. If you go to your regular Doctor first, tell them your situation and ask them to recommend a therpaist in your price range. You should even be able to find someone to talk to regularly for free if money is an issue.

Just don't kill yourself. I don't wanna sound like a dick here because I think you're a good guy, but suicide is about the most selfish thing you could ever do. Sure, it may end what you currently perceive as a no-win situation, but you would put your family through endless torment for the rest of their lives.

I was in therpay about 6-7 years ago because I wanted to end it all. I went for about 3 months, then stopped going because I didn't think I was really getting anything out of it.

But when I look back, I realize it helped a lot to talk things through with an objective person. I also look back and realize how trivial my problems were at the time in the grand scheme of things.

But seriously, man -- the most responsible action you can take right now is to find some help. Share the load with someone qualified to help you break it down.

jeffsss

Reaction score
my friend.. If you ever see me online.. feel free to chat with me. I know i'm a coward about hair loss myself, but your getting your life back together by getting off drugs.
it's not anyones fault your losing hair.. that's just part of life for some of us mortals.
you have to play the hand you were delt.
anxiety drugs help, trust me they help.
lexapro is a wonder drug for me. I'm loosing more hair now than i was when i started my treatment. I don't want to say i'm as cool as a cucumber, but i'm not panicing as much.
it COULD be dutasteride chaning your hormones that's making you have irrational thoughts.. i know i did when i started propecia.

remember you owe be a beer when i come to vegas! i'm collecting!

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
If I can promise you one thing in this life Aplunk1, it is this:

If you 'talk' to Jeffsss about hair loss, you may as well load that shotgun now.

Then pass it to me.

Talk to a qualified professional who currently operates at least within the general vicinity of Planet Earth.

Promise me that.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Weepy said:
Freestyle,

Why are you tailing Jeffsss like this?

Because he's a f*****g idiot.

And I'm an a**h**.

Did you want a deeper explanation, or does that cover it?

The guy is a Class A drama queen. The kind of woe-is-me actress who gets a boner from the attention. And normally it would be somewhat understandable -- like a fat teen girl saying that nobody likes her -- but this clown has more hair than most normal people I know.

And he's a cry-baby little b**ch who does not listen to reason or facts. Like quite a few people here. Enough is enough. Everyone here is losing their hair. And I, and quite a few others, are sick to f*****g death of the same whiners talking about how bad they have it, and how they've entertained thoughts of suicide.

Welcome to the real world. Not everyone gets a fair race.

That's why I was compassionate to Aplunk's cause -- he actually seems to be doing it tough. And I stand by it -- I hope he seeks professional help and pulls through it.

But for these other jokers complaining about their hideous deformities, when in truth there are none at all; go ahead and do it. If it's killing you that much, go ahead and end it all. You're wasting valuable air. Maybe the world really would be better without you.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:
Weepy said:
Freestyle,

Why are you tailing Jeffsss like this?

Because he's a f****ing idiot.

And I'm an a**h**.

The guy is a Class A drama queen. The kind of woe-is-me actress who gets a boner from the attention. And normally it would be somewhat understandable -- like a fat teen girl saying that nobody likes her -- but this clown has more hair than most normal people I know.

And he's a cry-baby little b**** who does not listen to reason or facts. Like quite a few people here. Enough is enough. Everyone here is losing their hair. And I, and quite a few others, are sick to f****ing death of the same whiners talking about how bad they have it, and how they've entertained thoughts of suicide.

Welcome to the real world. Not everyone gets a fair race.

That's why I was compassionate to Aplunk's cause -- he actually seems to be doing it tough. And I stand by it -- I hope he seeks professional help and pulls through it.

But for these other jokers complaining about their hideous deformities, when in truth there are none at all; go ahead and do it. If it's killing you that much, go ahead and end it all. You're wasting valuable air. Maybe the world really would be better without you.
wow, what a complete *** you've made of yourself. I hope you get banned.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aplunk,
As a professor who is handling many kids on the verge of drop-out from my college, I can understand your situation.
Frankly, you hairloss is not that bad as of now. The fact that you have made it to the college means you are good. There are many kids who drop out of highschools.
If there is no other reason to live on this earth, you should live to make money so that you can contribute to a noble cause. For example, 1/100th of what you earn can feed a poor kid.
For all you know you can become a Edison.
As a hairloss sufferer you ride through nasty sheds. Similarly ride through the next few years till you get a degree. Do your best.

You will get a job after you graduate. It is almost guaranteed. If not, you can also get into grad schools to survive (though that should not be the reason to go grad. school).
with best wishes and regards
techprof

The Gardener

Reaction score
Freestyle said:
Because he's a f****ing idiot.

And I'm an a**h**.

The guy is a Class A drama queen. The kind of woe-is-me actress who gets a boner from the attention.

Freestyle, I would like you to hit your browser "back" button and read what it says as the intent of this "Impact of Hair Loss" forum. The intent of this forum is specifically to allow people to vent.

Your attitude is running counter to the stated purpose of this forum. Let people vent, and perhaps your participation would be better suited in one of the other forums on this board. This is a warning.