"Classified" thread in the forums?

What are your thoughts on having a "classifieds" section or thread in the forums

• Bad Idea, Wouldn't be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Idea, but wouldn't be interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think the administrators would allow us to run a "classifieds" section in the forums? For example, people experience a rash from their spironolactone, or someone at the last minute decided they don't want to go on finasteride...or whatever other reason any one wants to get rid of their foam, finasteride, spironolactone or any other hair loss product, they can still make some money off of it without having to toss it out, and we can benefit from getting a cheaper price. How many of you would check it out if the admins allowed it?

The Gardener

Reaction score
That's a good idea, and we have discussed similar concepts.

The only problem is that finasteride and minoxidil, and even certain formulations of Nizoral are prescription-required medications in certain parts of the world.

As such, we don't want to get into the potential liability of facilitating the distribution of prescription-controlled substances to people who might not have a prescription.

Thanks for raising the idea, and keep any new ideas you have coming... and I hope you understand the position that we are in as well.

Cassin

Reaction score
Like The G-Man said, far too many issues and it opens Pandora's box for spam and liability problems.

All it takes is one idiot to screw things up.

Framer

Reaction score
cmudave said:
Do you think the administrators would allow us to run a "classifieds" section in the forums? For example, people experience a rash from their spironolactone, or someone at the last minute decided they don't want to go on finasteride...or whatever other reason any one wants to get rid of their foam, finasteride, spironolactone or any other hair loss product, they can still make some money off of it without having to toss it out, and we can benefit from getting a cheaper price. How many of you would check it out if the admins allowed it?

That' a great idea dave. I am new here and I recently shaved my head totally bald and am looking to sell all my used toupees. I am sick of them and paid alot of money for them and I never ever got any girls from them anyway. I want to try it this way since alot of white guys are now shaving because of Jordan.

The problem I see is I don't think they'll do it because what happens if I sent my toupees ahead of time to people and they didn't pay me. Would HairLossTalk.com be responsible. I guess I'll just sell my toupees on Ebay and see what happens.

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
It's FDA cleared NOT approved,heard this on the Bald Truth Radio show last night,BIG difference,FDA cleared means it's just SAFE and won't cause harm,fda approved means it truly works to a certain degree,thing is the patent from 1976 on electrical devices is the loop hole hairmax is using,not using NEW technology they can easily get "cleared" but not approved,I've never heard of anyone who has had success using it.. some say their hair styles better personally you can buy the same laser for $100 if you want added style,until then it's still the BIG 3 and whatever else you want to add is up to you... for that price you could pay for all your BIG 3 treatments,if you have the extra money and don't mind paying for a "laser hair brush" go ahead.. but if you're not using anything else and thinking this will stop your hairloss.. well you're harming your chances of stopping and regrowing some hair! Remember FDA CLEARED is not FDA approved.

*Rich*

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
That's a good idea, and we have discussed similar concepts.

The only problem is that finasteride and minoxidil, and even certain formulations of Nizoral are prescription-required medications in certain parts of the world.

As such, we don't want to get into the potential liability of facilitating the distribution of prescription-controlled substances to people who might not have a prescription.

Thanks for raising the idea, and keep any new ideas you have coming... and I hope you understand the position that we are in as well.

Yeah, I feel ya, I guess I never thought about the legality and liability issues, wouldn't want HairLossTalk.com to be in that kind of situation. Maybe if some people feel strong enough about it they can start a classifieds type deal separate from the website sometime down the road, just a thought.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a tube of black couvre and a bottle of black herbal hair dye to throw into the pot.