Chart

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Cant' seem to find that finasteride chart, showing serum levels of DHT. Can anyone post that grpahic? Thanks,

tenshi

Established Member
Reaction score
You talking about this chart?

If you want to see it for yourself type in "pubmed" in yahoo. Then select the first option. Then type in "propecia" in the search entry. Only one of the papers will be free to view you will see it it has a green border on the paper on the top. Click on it and select from the bottom "Study of the Food and Drug Administration files on Propecia: dosages, side effects, and recommendations" and this will show you the chart and other stuff. Pubmed has associations with the government.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the error bar on .2mg is rather large so the difference between that and 1mg could be as much as 10%. So in short if you take 1mg you could end up with about 30% of the DHT left in your serum, but with .2mg it may be around %40, or 33% more. That is not so slight of a difference. And yes I am taking the extreme points on the error bars....

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dinzy said:
Well the error bar on .2mg is rather large so the difference between that and 1mg could be as much as 10%. So in short if you take 1mg you could end up with about 30% of the DHT left in your serum, but with .2mg it may be around %40, or 33% more. That is not so slight of a difference. And yes I am taking the extreme points on the error bars....

I personally noticed no difference between 1mg and .5mg doses of Finasteride, and only a slight difference between 1mg and .2mg. There are other published studies, which also confirm this slight difference in Finasteride effectiveness between .2mg and 1mg. I guess every person needs to evalute whether the possible side effects are worth the few extra percentage points.

tenshi

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering reducing my dosage to .5 mg since it is practically as effective as 1 mg and it will save me money.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
tenshi said:
I'm considering reducing my dosage to .5 mg since it is practically as effective as 1 mg and it will save me money.

hmm.. but be sure to reduce it over a period of time. cutting off the dosage by half straight away might cause some problem if you have been taking 1mg for more than 1year.

i tot of using 0.5mg too. but since 1mg is not giving much result, i fear 0.5mg might make things worst. also, i have been on 1mg for slightly more than a year.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
tenshi said:

hmm.. but be sure to reduce it over a period of time. cutting off the dosage by half straight away might cause some problem if you have been taking 1mg for more than 1year.

i tot of using 0.5mg too. but since 1mg is not giving much result, i fear 0.5mg might make things worst. also, i have been on 1mg for slightly more than a year.

I actually went from 1mg to .2mg for over a six month period, and not a single problem developed. If anything, all of the side effects I was experiencing at the time slowly started to vanish. I only increased my dosage to .5mg after experiencing slightly more shedding than usual. But I doubt serum DHT levels changed that much overall between .2mg to 1mg.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
I actually went from 1mg to .2mg for over a six month period, and not a single problem developed. If anything, all of the side effects I was experiencing at the time slowly started to vanish. I only increased my dosage to .5mg after experiencing slightly more shedding than usual. But I doubt serum DHT levels changed that much overall between .2mg to 1mg.

hmm.. sound great!!! maybe it worth a try.

i just started a cycle of reduce dosage. my plan is to slowly reduce for one month then back to 1mg again so that the drug will not lose it effect.

i must say you are quite brave to try it!