Changing system provider...

newmexicohair

Reaction score
So, I've been getting my systems for the past year from Northwest Lace, who had done a pretty good job. Move forward to the past two weeks. I have been using stock systems, two weeks ago, I received the one on the right. Because the color was WA off, I asked for a replacement and offered to pay for it, and a week later, received the one on the left. The color on the left is accurate. Aside from that, the density and texture of the two are WAY off!!! The one with the correct color is kinky and wirey - I can't use it!!! When I voiced my dissatisfaction, I got grief. Eric was great up until I voiced concern and dissatisfaction then, all the nice and happy changed. If I'm getting bad product, I'm banished!! Any suggestions to get systems going forward??!!

Attachments

• hairpc.jpg
    hairpc.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 262

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. They look totally different. People will definitely know something is up if your hair texture and color has changed. How often do you replace your system? Do you keep an extra one on hand just in case? That would be my recommendation going forward is to always have a piece on stand bye just in case.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As Notcoolanymore says, serious wearers should always have at least one emergency, spare piece in hand. Being cautious I have 4 just in case. I personally, I always go down the custom made route so thats planning 2 months in advance.

The two pieces look totally different and it will be hard to be discrete. On the wider point, your supplier has let you down badly here.

Moving forward, there are options.

Where are you based?

newmexicohair

Reaction score
As Notcoolanymore says, serious wearers should always have at least one emergency, spare piece in hand. Being cautious I have 4 just in case. I personally, I always go down the custom made route so thats planning 2 months in advance.

The two pieces look totally different and it will be hard to be discrete. On the wider point, your supplier has let you down badly here.

Moving forward, there are options.

Where are you based?

Up to this point, I didn't feel the need but, sounds like it may be time to order 2-3 per order cycle. I was speaking with someone recently about doing the X-plant route but, I've not yet sen one that turned out good - almost always look like plugs!! And, in addition to the plug look, ALWAYS end up still receding!! No thanks, stick with the system(s)!!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4 extra pieces "just in case"! That must be cheap.

Actually, you dont order 4 at a time, you only ever order 1 to replace one thats ending its life. I hold the extra for an emergency and also to know that I have 2-years worth of wearing ahead without recourse to a supplier. Its good planning.

- - - Updated - - -

4 extra pieces "just in case"! That must be cheap.

Actually, you dont order 4 at a time, you only ever order 1 to replace one thats ending its life. I started with wearing one and maintaining one as an emergency piece.

I then ordered one every 6-months, but as I was getting more than 6-month use per system, its built into 4 extra over the years. I dont presently have an intention to increase it to 5, but equally I have the peace of mind in case of an emergency and also to know that I have 2.5-years worth of supply without recourse to a supplier. Its good planning when you are committed.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. They look totally different. People will definitely know something is up if your hair texture and color has changed. How often do you replace your system? Do you keep an extra one on hand just in case? That would be my recommendation going forward is to always have a piece on stand bye just in case.

I've typically made it a few months (3-4) between replacements!

HatGuyHat

Reaction score
When I first ordered from Northwest lace (a stock piece) I received the wrong color, it was my fault, but the piece that I received in exchange with the right color, had more density and the hair was less soft I would say. These two looks totally different, have you sent this pic to Eric? What did he say?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree that you seem to know your stuff about this.

My father is always incredibly stressed out when he orders his new hair piece.

"Will the quality be good? Will there be enough grey hairs? etc."

The important thing is the quality once you receive it. If I am not happy, I return it immediately for a replacement. Its only happened once. Then I will store it out of light usually in a bag and then a draw and every so often I will take them out and comb a little moroccan oil through them which takes up about 10 mins of my time once a month.

I learnt from my early days when I had one piece, didnt forward think and had an accident. Then you realise wearing isnt just vanity its become part of your life just as your face or accent is.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
When I first ordered from Northwest lace (a stock piece) I received the wrong color, it was my fault, but the piece that I received in exchange with the right color, had more density and the hair was less soft I would say. These two looks totally different, have you sent this pic to Eric? What did he say?
I did send him the pic. He didn't care for my frustration. I've a different provider now! Apparently, if someone calls him out on his forum, he blocks them. I've had a couple people PM me here about his systems. Had one just yesterday message me about Eric claiming he's never had a dissatisfied client!