++ CCCCoal tar T/Gel or SSSSalicylic acid TTTT/Gel ? ++

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hi dear friends

pls give me some info about

1 -what differance between Coaltar T/Gel and Salicylic acid T/Gel ? which one is better choice ?

2 -what differance between use of each other ?

3 -is this true that coal tar is daily use and Salicylic acid should use 2 x week ? infact i should use Salicylic acid T/Gel 2 x week , before nizoral ?

with this english that i talk , certainly your male pattern baldness is Exacerbate ... :lol:

so tanks

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
testohate said:
hi dear friends

pls give me some info about

1 -what differance between Coaltar T/Gel and Salicylic acid T/Gel ? which one is better choice ?

2 -what differance between use of each other ?

3 -is this true that coal tar is daily use and Salicylic acid should use 2 x week ? infact i should use Salicylic acid T/Gel 2 x week , before nizoral ?

with this english that i talk , certainly your male pattern baldness is Exacerbate ... :lol:

so tanks

Coaltar might cause cancer. I dont like the Salicylic type but they're supposed to be equally effective. 2-3 times a week is suggested. I do a 3 day rotation with panteen, nizoral, and tgel

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
Justlooking said:
Coaltar might cause cancer. I dont like the Salicylic type but they're supposed to be equally effective. 2-3 times a week is suggested. I do a 3 day rotation with panteen, nizoral, and tgel

Coaltar might cause cancer ? really ????????????
so T/gel shampoo is useless ?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey, Testo! I hope you are well.

T/Gel and T/Sal are VERY different shampoos that have different effects on the scalp.

T/Gel is an anti-fungal. It keeps naturally occuring fungi in the scalp in check. Scalp fungus (and, all people have scalp fungus) tends to make male pattern baldness-related irritation exponentially worse and this accelerates the immune response that has been shown to be linked to hairloss.

T/Sal is an "exfoliant". It is a skin peel, and it gets rid of layers of dead skin that have built up in the scalp. This has two benefits, first, it reduces flaking from dandruff. Second, the thinning of dead skin from the scalp improves abosorbtion of topical treatments like Minoxidil and spironolactone.

Britannia

Reaction score
T-Sal is an exfoilant, which makes an ideal shampoo to use before Nizoral, because it will aid absorbtion. In the UK T-Sal has been re-branded as T-Gel with salicylic acid. T-Gel with coal tar is still available in the UK, but coal tar is a suspected carcinogen.

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hi dear Gardener

how are you ?
I HOPE U 2

But

what is T/Sal ?

this shampoo that i talk about it is T/Gel
on the package typed T/Gel neutrogena
this shamoo made in France and it is anti dandruff and anti pelliculaire
this shampoo contains Salicylic acid and don't have coal tar but on the package there is not any thing that show percentage of Salicylic acid

ingredients : aqua , sodium C14-16 olefin , sulfonate , cocamidopropyl betaine , Salicylic acid , sodium citrate , piroctone olamine and any more ..

package of it is like as this pic ( Approximation )

unbranded-t-gel-shampoo-anti-dandruff-normal-oily-hair-size-250ml.jpg

sorry i have 2 question

1- is this T/Sal shampoo ?

2- how should i use it ?
befor nizoral shampoo ? ( i use nizoral 2 x week so i should use it 2 x week too , is it true ? )

so tanks

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
oops!
hi Britannia
i miss your post
i think . you answer all my qouestions

so i should use t/gel that contains Sacid and leave it 2-3 min on my hair , then rinse and use nizoral ... yes ?
tanks so

The Gardener

Reaction score
Testo,

There is some confusion on this topic.

Basically, Neutrogena makes two shampoos. One has coal tar in it and the other one has salicylic acid in it. However, Neutrogena changes the names around depending on where the product is being sold.

In North America:
Coal tar shampoo = "T/Gel"
Salicylic Acid = "T/Sal"

In Europe:
Salicylic Acid = "T/Gel"

Hope that helps!!

Britannia

Reaction score
Gardener I believe that coal tar is being phased out across the UK due to its suspected carcinogenic properties. I would expect Neutrogena would have wanted to keep the T/Gel brand name rather than replace it with the little known T-Sal name. Thats all well and good for people with dandruff, but dam its confusing for people looking for exfoiliating shampoos here in the UK.
Testohate, if your using topical treatments then you should use a shampoo which contains Salicylic as it will aid absorbtion. That photo is T/Gel which contains Salicylic acid instead of coal tar. So basically that shampoo is the one you want to be using!

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Britannia

tanks so
i will buy this shampoo today and use it only before nizoral ( 2 x day )
first use T/gel ( with S.acid) and let it sit on my hair for 2-3 min and then rinse it & use nizoral for 5-8 min , is this true ? i should rinse T/sal befor nizoral ?
but
in your opinion
which shampoo is best for daily use ( for theother days that i don't use nizoral in it , in fact for 5 x a week )
between
1- Head & shoulder 1% PTZinc
2- Yves Rocher anti chute ( contains B5 , B6 & PP and ... )
3- Alpecin Coffein shampoo C1

tanks 4 help

Britannia

Reaction score
Yeah thats right testohate.
As for what shampoo you use when your not using nizoral, this is completely upto you. I personally have no experience with any of those shampoo's you have listed.

misterium

Reaction score
Don't forget Head & Shoulders!!!!!!!!!!

.. the stuff is responsible for killing my major itching/irritation problem.. and keeping it under much control !

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
misterium said:
Don't forget Head & Shoulders!!!!!!!!!!

.. the stuff is responsible for killing my major itching/irritation problem.. and keeping it under much control !

i have use minoxidil 2x day
has " H&S shampoo " no problem with minoxidil ?