Can't Measure My Progress

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have a camera to take pics, which i know is important. But after no visible results closing my quarter-sized bald spot after one year on propecia and minoxidil., i've been on duprost alone for 47 days now. Dropped the minoxidil quite a while ago, and while there are hairs falling out (not many), I don't know if that's the minoxidil. or from the duprost.

Thing is, it seems like my bald spot has gotten bigger in the past year. which is fine, if duprost could maintain or close it.

I've noticed a few hairs on the hairline that were definitely not there before duprost, so i'm wondering, if it works in the front, does that mean it'll probably work on the crown? i know everyone is different, but I'm under the impression that frontal regrowth/maintenance is harder to achieve than crown/vertex? Can't really tell if there's anything going on behind.

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
christ, doesn't anyone use this dutasteride forum other than me? i don't even post that much and it seems like i'm the only one who asks questions. worst of all, i'm one of the few people that doesn't ask stupid questions like, "i'm shedding after three weeks on minoxidil - should i stop?" granted, i ask silly questions, like the one above, but i've seen people get feeback on even sillier ones.

J_friend

Reaction score
My friend ... I'm not exactly certain how long it takes to notice results on Avodart, but I think it take a while. I noticed a shed after about two months of using it, but (knock on wood), the shedding has definitely stopped and my hair is now seeming thicker. I know it can frustrating, but there are no definite answers - our bodies all react differently. With thtat said, however, you're using the strongest thing you can - keep it up. I also recommend Dr. Lee's Xandrox 5% and 15% - not sure if you've given that a shot or not. Best of luck!

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. but i'm not so much asking "when will i see results", it's more "wait; if there's some hairs below my hairline at day 47, and most people see results at the crown (on all treatments), shouldn't the logic suggest that i'll see something on the crown?"

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
If it works at the front then I'd be amazed if it didn't also on the crown. Thing is that 47 days is too short a time to attribute those new hairs on your hairline to the Duprost, knowing how drawn out the whole hair cycle is.

Slarti - busy clearing tumbleweed from the forum.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
If it works at the front then I'd be amazed if it didn't also on the crown. Thing is that 47 days is too short a time to attribute those new hairs on your hairline to the Duprost, knowing how drawn out the whole hair cycle is.

Slarti - busy clearing tumbleweed from the forum.

when are you gonna update ur story.

i would like to know how different your hair has been, since begining dutasteride to current day. your story on the 'my stories' section has many updates. i would like to hear how it has helped you, from day 1 to present day. that way, we'll get an idea of how well it worked for you.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
That would be the ultra brief version of my story, oni.

Next update sometime in mid-December, at what will be the 16 month mark. Most likely I'll include a synopsis of the cumulative effects of Dutasteride when I make it to the year and a half milestone - unless I also encompass the period spent taking dutasteride every other day, then I'll have to relate a further 15 months experience.

In the interim: as I've said in my story, the only problem area I have left is the front, everywhere behind the first few inches has thickened up to a point where it's seemingly free of male pattern baldness - even if it isn't as thick as, say, a decade ago, when I was only 17. Of course, these areas had a passable thickness when I switched to a daily dose of dutasteride, but the improvement is unmistakeable - and ongoing. The front was thin when I started and is much the same now, though there have been ups and downs along the way. But, again as I've said before, so excuse the repetition, the front suffered the more severe shed and was in poorer condition initially, so perhaps it's reasonable to expect it will take longer to produce decent results. One thing I do believe is that I have more hairs, of a better quality, than I would if I'd been taking finasteride for these last 2.5 years.

Slarti