Can't get rid of dandruff HELP!!

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using nizoral for the next couple months and did nothing against my dandruff, I also tried other shampoo with zinc whatever( don't know the name) and again nothing... I have oily dandruff, any suggestions?

hellocowboy

Reaction score
What brand of minoxidil are you using (if you are using it)? For me, the cheap brands always flaked off like a mofo (even when using Nizoral), until I switched to Rogaine foam and I no longer deal with that crap.

If that's not the problem, I suggest a visit to a dermatologist.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
HairyBerry said:
I've been using nizoral for the next couple months and did nothing against my dandruff, I also tried other shampoo with zinc whatever( don't know the name) and again nothing... I have oily dandruff, any suggestions?

Try pouring some organic apple cider vinegar over your head while in the shower.

Rinse after 2 minutes, then shampoo. (I use the stuff daily)

Natural dandruff cure. and it's also basically good for overall scalp health.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have used Stierprox shampoo and it has helped a lot. It is not exactly targeted for dandruff, but it helped me reduce skin flaking a lot.

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
No I don't use minoxidil, maybe I should really see a dermatologist..
I've been rinsing with apple cider vinegar for the last couple weeks and it's pretty good, it does help to clear dandruff quite a bit but didn't solve the problem entirely.. maybe I should wash my hair more often(I wash 3 times a week) but I'm afraid of making the glands overactive.
I heard just recently that rosemary tea as a rinse clears it, anyone tried that?

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
Try coconut oil. It's supposed to be great for dandruff removal. Don't think it cures baldness though.... :wink:

wasee

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have tried shampoo and didn't get your desire than you should try some useful home remedies which you can read in the following link. doesdandruffcausehairloss.com

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap, sold at Duane Reade. you can use it as a shampoo. i learned about it in the Zix forum. it's pretty powerful.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral (ketoconazole2%) is the thing that clinically is proven to work on combatting dandruff. Shampoo every day with it and comb your hair after. Every f*****g day. Your dandruff will go away.

Other things which are clinically proven to work (i.e. not snake oil/bro science trash): shampoos with ciclopirox olamine or salicylic acid.

If you have a dry scalp apply some argan or coconut oil at night.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral can make dandruff worse for some because of the sulphate. Coconut oil is hydrating because it is a humectant and locks in moisture. For that reason you should wet your scalp before applying any oil. Usually when you get out of the shower. The oil you might not like because it makes your hair look like crap. You could buy pure Aloe Vera gel and dilute half of it with distilled water. The Aloe Vera gel is a mild humectant and mainly an occlusive. Aloe mostly pulls moisturizer in from surrounding areas and slightly locks it in. Aloe is naturally anti inflammatory and contains polysaccharides aswell as other vitamins. There is a study where they found it equivalent to hydrocortisone.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try pouring some organic apple cider vinegar over your head while in the shower.

Rinse after 2 minutes, then shampoo. (I use the stuff daily)

Natural dandruff cure. and it's also basically good for overall scalp health.
I was about to suggest this as well

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap, sold at Duane Reade. you can use it as a shampoo. i learned about it in the Zix forum. it's pretty powerful.
Trouble is the pH is too high. I've used it in the past. The mint one. Give a rinse with diluted Apple cider vinegar after to correct pH