can someone explain:

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
why we are able to clone sheep

why we have f*****g robots on mars who are able to send data back to earth through countless miles of space

why we can grow a penis on someones arm and transplant it back on

but we dont have a permanent solution for male pattern baldness

are you f*****g KIDDING ME?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree: i put bladness on a waylower scale tho, i think its something that *should* be cured years ago, because you can see there are so manny private comanies these says working to solve this, and some are patent-based research from the 60's, i guess no one gave a real attention to the problem up to now becuase today we are 100% media infulanced when it comes to our appreance (another example to prove my point - laser hair removal is something that became commonly used in the last 12-20 years i think.. if you ask your perents what they think of body-hair (if they are above 50~) then say they dont give a f***....)
So yeah, imo, i have all right to be pissed about that :badmood:

CCS

Reaction score
amrod said:

why we have f****ing robots on mars who are able to send data back to earth through countless miles of space

are you f****ing KIDDING ME?

Show me where we can grow a penis and transplant it back on. I'd grow it on the side of the penis that will be swapped out. Can they really do that good a job of surgically attaching it? Do post links.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
amrod said:

why we have f****ing robots on mars who are able to send data back to earth through countless miles of space

are you f****ing KIDDING ME?

Show me where we can grow a penis and transplant it back on. I'd grow it on the side of the penis that will be swapped out. Can they really do that good a job of surgically attaching it? Do post links.

sh*t I wanna see that too! where's the link?

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:

I dont think you can grow a real penis from scratch. Think about it if that was posssible women who get a sex change would be able to get other women pregnant. Such technology is not available yet.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although I agree...

Why should anyone be obliged to cure it?

Why don't you cure it?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I guess cloning an entire animal is different than cloning part of an animal, although they can do that too now so yeah, what gives already? :dunno:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I said before I usually hate these conspiracy theory things , but I honestly think that the FDA has some agreement with the US government to keep Minoxidil and Finasteride on the market as the main hair loss cures. Billions of men and women use Minoxidil and Finasteride , they make Billions for the economy. A cure would honestly cost them a lot of money. Who knows?

The world seems to be full of corruption anyways..

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
:agree: i put bladness on a waylower scale tho, i think its something that *should* be cured years ago, because you can see there are so manny private comanies these says working to solve this, and some are patent-based research from the 60's, i guess no one gave a real attention to the problem up to now becuase today we are 100% media infulanced when it comes to our appreance (another example to prove my point - laser hair removal is something that became commonly used in the last 12-20 years i think.. if you ask your perents what they think of body-hair (if they are above 50~) then say they dont give a f*ck....)

No way...
As I've said in other threads, whoever eventually solves this problem (and it will happen, its just going to take another 30 years) will be Warren Buffet/Bill Gates rich. Piles and piles of cash. Thats all the motivation anyone needs. Whether its a private investor that wants to be rich, or a company like Histogen that wants to apply the profits to further the cause of medical science, it doesn't matter. Curing baldness will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
As I said before I usually hate these conspiracy theory things , but I honestly think that the FDA has some agreement with the US government to keep Minoxidil and Finasteride on the market as the main hair loss cures. Billions of men and women use Minoxidil and Finasteride , they make Billions for the economy. A cure would honestly cost them a lot of money. Who knows?

The world seems to be full of corruption anyways..

Haha.....no. A cure would make money. Massive amounts of money. It's any scientific researcher's wet dream - and the wet dream of any pharmaceutical company. It's not like Merck found out finasteride regrew limited amounts of hair and then struck a secret deal with anyone, much less the government, to have a monopoly on the entire industry just to make a few extra bucks. Doesn't work that way. Most of the world belongs to a free market. If there's a market for something and a way to create it, it will happen. No conspiracy theories here.

Regrowing hair is a difficult science. It's akin to regrowing organs from scratch, or skin, or anything else in the body. The technology just isn't quite there yet. Same reason we haven't cured AIDs, cancer, or even the common cold.

But when we say cure what we are really talking about is pretty much just hair cloning. I don't think there will ever be a day when a person can just pop a pill and regrow ALL their hair - not without severely compromising a whole host of important bodily functions. A "cure" is more like a massive transplant from (likely) cloned hair. And even then you would still need to see a competent hair transplant surgeon to make sure you don't have the world's worst looking hair. And be prepared to spend about 3 days getting hair plugged into your head.

Can you imagine a 50,000+ graft procedure?

barcafan

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Smooth said:
:agree: i put bladness on a waylower scale tho, i think its something that *should* be cured years ago, because you can see there are so manny private comanies these says working to solve this, and some are patent-based research from the 60's, i guess no one gave a real attention to the problem up to now becuase today we are 100% media infulanced when it comes to our appreance (another example to prove my point - laser hair removal is something that became commonly used in the last 12-20 years i think.. if you ask your perents what they think of body-hair (if they are above 50~) then say they dont give a f*ck....)

No way...
As I've said in other threads, whoever eventually solves this problem (and it will happen, its just going to take another 30 years) will be Warren Buffet/Bill Gates rich. Piles and piles of cash. Thats all the motivation anyone needs. Whether its a private investor that wants to be rich, or a company like Histogen that wants to apply the profits to further the cause of medical science, it doesn't matter. Curing baldness will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.

If they can make the 'cure' a lifelong commitment to taking a certain drug or something, then yes the profit is huge. But curing ANYTHING with 1 pill or procedure will in the end cost them alot of money.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
I honestly think that the FDA has some agreement with the US government to keep Minoxidil and Finasteride on the market as the main hair loss cures. Billions of men and women use Minoxidil and Finasteride , they make Billions for the economy. A cure would honestly cost them a lot of money. Who knows?

I think there's more to it than that. Consider the likes of RU58841. Supposivelly this is the most effective anti androgen in the world (at least ten years ago). So why didnt it take off? Well apart from storage and containment problems i heard this product was unstable at certain temperatures. Better yet it had little to no side effects. Sounds perfect right. The answer is this it costs a lot of money to advertise, test, patent and knock out competition. Furthermore its believed a real hairloss cure is at hand some time soon. With hair multiplication and follicle clonning you cant blame them for not going ahead with this product as it could be a waste of time and money. Furthermore there is an increasing market for hairloss cures that would make it difficult for it to overcome. See propecia is at an advantage of being around longer by accidental discovery for use for prostate cancer. Furthermore if propecia is working well for some people whats the point in making another potential cure that might not work for everyone with propecia around. Some people believe ru58841 may be out as a fully commercialized product one day. Who knows? I do know funding was problem for this product. Its very expensive and unstable unlike finestride.

s.a.f

Reaction score
decro435 said:
Billions of men and women use Minoxidil and Finasteride , they make Billions for the economy.

Billions ????????